Patti’s Birthday Card

I created today’s birthday card for my dear friend Patti using elements from a QVC kit.  I chose these pieces because I love the colors and the hand-stitched background paper.  I also love the way the negative space within the chipboard seems to be “filled” by the color-coordinated paper!

What do you think of the pretty polka dot ribbon I stapled to the chipboard?  To me, it seems to wave hello!

Cards are such a joy to create and to give.  How many of you are making your own holiday cards, tags, or gifts this season?

6 Responses to “Patti’s Birthday Card”

1. christina d says:

I'm hoping to make cards for the kids. They're getting gift cards this year. I also want to make a set of cards and folder for the DIL. I love your card, it is so pretty!

2. The Paper Princess says:

Thanks Christina! I'd love to hear more about your upcoming projects – they sound fabulous! What type of folder are you making for your DIL? Kids cards sound like fun! 🙂

3. ThePurplePlace says:

All your cards are wonderful! I LOVE card-making so much, and for me…it's sooo relaxing and brings a lot of fun and joy to my life!!

4. The Paper Princess says:

Thanks Lisa – I do too and I'm looking forward to making and sharing many more cards in the days to come! 🙂

5. Reta says:

I love your Blog, especially Ginger as she is beautiful to behold. Your other creations (cards)including my special birthday card was a real treat to behold and it arrived on time too. Smile

Mother

6. The Paper Princess says:

Thanks Mom – glad to see you're reading and finding your way around my blog! I'm sorry I missed your call earlier today, but delighted to hear that Ginger has another fan! Love ya, ttys! 🙂