March Of The Turtles

I have always been a nature girl. Nothing revitalizes me more than time spent in the great outdoors. And nothing delights me more than an unexpected brush with Mother Nature every now and then.

Two weeks ago, I met a friend for lunch. Afterwards, we walked her dog down the path behind the restaurant that leads to the koi pond. All of a sudden, I gasped as an unexpected sight caught my eye.

Turtles! There were turtles as far as the eye could see! Turtles on the rocks. Turtles in the grass. Turtles here and there. Turtles everywhere!

I was so excited to see turtles marching in February! I could hardly wait to share the experience with my husband and friends – but I had to, since the camera was home and my hubby was out of town!

So, for our anniversary, I suggested that we return to that restaurant for lunch in the hopes that the turtles would still be there. When we arrived, we preceded lunch with a nature walk and were rewarded by the presence of my shelled friends! We watched them until the air began to chill, then went inside to share a fabulous meal!

I hope you enjoy the turtles as much as I did – I especially hope they bring a touch of spring to those of you who have had one too many wintery weekends!

Have a great weekend and stay tuned – my OWOH RAK giveaways are just around the corner!

11 Responses to “March Of The Turtles”

1. Tina Holden says:

Thanks for this post. I loooooove turtles! Where is this taking place?

2. Jane, at Thepaperaffair says:

AWESOME, what a sight to see. SO happy you were able to see them again and share with us. Hugs, jane

3. Tiffany says:

Thank you for your super nice comments you sent my way!! I added your blog and i'm following you too!! Glad you joined Tiffany Doodles at PCP! We are having our first contest right now and you have time to join in too (get the details from the discussion forum) The prize is ANY 1 stamp you want from my store!!! See you there!!

4. Beverley Baird says:

What a wonderful place to visit!
    Congrats on winning in the Spread the Joy exchange I had posted on my blog!
    I will be sending you a friendship tag asap – if you would send me your address.
    Thanks for taking part.

5. Milnie says:

Wow, gorgeous pictures, the turtles are adorable!

hugs and have a nice sunday!

6. Wipso says:

How wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.
    A x

7. christina d says:

Those turtles are so cute. Our's aren't, we have snapping ones here. Very nice pics!!

8. Kate says:

Wow, it's nice to see pics of open water in February :-), and isn't it fun to find critters being photogenic? The other day I saw a couple of male cardinals strutting their stuff in a tree. Although I didn't have my camera, they reminded me that spring WILL come eventually!

9. Katiejane says:

Such cute Turtles and so many of them! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog 🙂

10. Bobbi Lewin says:

the turtles are fun, even if the first thought that came to my mind as I read "turtles as far as the eye could see" was that movie "Frogs" that came out in the 70s lol!

11. Rbarakat says:

Oh cute pics- my dd is loving them!