Happy Birthday Tsunami!

Today is Tsunami’s birthday! At three years and 22 pounds, he is the epitomize of a “gentle giant” – a quality Maine Coons are known for. To celebrate his special day, I thought I would share some of Tsunami’s earliest photos with you – photos that were taken before he came to live with us – photos that helped hubby and I fall in love with him even before we met him!

The first time I saw Tsunami, he was about three weeks old. He was part of a good-sized litter, but Sumo, as the breeder called him, soon made his mark on the world. He was the biggest kitten in his litter and it did not take long for him to learn that size meant strength and power in the feline world. He emerged as the dominant cat in his litter – especially at mealtime and playtime!

This was the picture that first stole my heart – Tsunami at three weeks, taking his first steps, with his eyes barely open. I could envision him each day growing bigger and stronger and exploring a little more of his world – and I could hear him calling out for love and attention every time I looked at this photo!

Tsunami was around 7 weeks old the first time I met him in person and got to hold him in my arms (yes, that’s us!) We spent a wonderful day at the breeder’s home, evaluating the kittens and trying to decide which one we wanted when the time was right. Although I had my eye on Tsunami since I first saw his pictures – it was actually Tsunami who picked my husband during this visit. Tsunami melted my husband’s heart by falling asleep in his shoes and hanging out with him while all of the other kittens played – and he remains a daddy’s boy to this day!

I have a few more baby pictures of him I’ll share later in the week that were taken at about 9 weeks. In the meantime, here’s a parting shot of Tsunami and a few of his littermates on one of the many kitten posts in the kitten nursery – along with some of the many awards their parents have won along the way!

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope to post some new projects shortly!

14 Responses to “Happy Birthday Tsunami!”

1. Brynwood Needleworks says:

Hi Ramona:
    Please give Tsunami a snuggle from me (and Kes). He is one regal-looking critter, and we wish him many, many more Happy Birthdays.
    xoxo
    Donna

2. Wilfreda says:

I love him! He is so cute. Give him a birthday kiss for me.

3. Julia Dunnit says:

Wow, can see why you fell for him…happy returns Tsunami!

4. Lesley says:

Hi Ramona,
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking part in my giveaway. Good luck.
    What a really beautiful cat Tsunami is – I too am a cat person so really appreciate how special a cat can be.
    Lesley x

5. Mazlina says:

Hi Ramona,

Such cute cats you have there!!! thanks for dropping by my blog.. what exactly do you do in Kindred Spirit? sounds like fun.. :))))

6. Jan says:

Tsunami is one handsome fella!! He shares a birthday with my hubby, too 🙂
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower.
    Off to look at more of your blog 🙂

7. Jan says:

Hi Ramona 🙂
    I wanted to hop over and let you know that Angie from Feather's In My Nest is the winner of my blog candy.
    BUT…I'd like to send you a few goodies because you're my newest follower 🙂
    If you'll hop over tomy blog and send me your snailmail address, I'll get some goodies in the mail 🙂
    Jan

8. Marlene says:

Tsunami is a gorgeous cat…and he was such a cute little kitty!!! I can see why you fell in love. 🙂

9. Paula Gale says:

Oh Ramona – better than the usual fix – i want to have a great big cuddle – no wonder you both fell in love with him… how could anyone not do??? Thank you for sharing pics of him, he's an adorable fella. Happy Birthday Tsunami!!!

Paula x x x

10. Kate says:

Awwwww — how could you not love such a sweet little thing. And now he isn't as little, but I know he's still just as sweet! And I love his name.

11. Betty Anne says:

Thanks so much for sharing some of Tsunami's pictures. He is a beautiful cat and was so sweet when he was a kitten. Hope he has many more birthdays.

12. Penni says:

Hi Ramona

I spotted him in the crowd of kittens instantly!!! He was such a gorgeous little one and brave too!!!

The picture of him in your arms is adorable, does he still like to be held like this? Thomas & Pablo both love to be held like babies!!

Thanks for showing these photos, they are superb!

Big Happy Birthday Tsunami!!!

Hugs
    Penni
    X

13. Leah says:

what a handsome cat! happy birthday, tsunami!

14. Elva says:

maine coons. i was right (on your most recent post). gosh, i'm so glad i found you through WW. gorgeous cats. I wish i could find a male to breed with our maine coon/persian female.