I’m sure you’ve seen them before – those mouth-watering oversized cookie cakes that specialty stores love to market for big bucks! Now, you can impress your friends and family by making your own for a mere fraction of the cost! Whether you serve these delicious cookies fresh out of the pan, decorate them for special occasions, or add a scoop of ice cream or a hint of whipped cream, they are sure to be a hit with children and adults alike! Cut the recipe in half if you like and bake a single big cookie in a 10 inch pan – but the more, the merrier in my home! Each big cookie serves 8 people. Enjoy!
3 Round Pans (Two 9-Inch, One 8-Inch)
4 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 ½ Cups (3 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 ½ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
4 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 ½ Cups Milk Chocolate Chips (about 9 ounces)
1 ½ Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (about 9 ounces)
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F and lightly butter your pans.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together, then set the bowl aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until the mixture is light and fluffy, for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until they are fully incorporated.
5. Add the flour mixture from Step 2 and beat until just combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Transfer the dough to the round pans, distributing evenly.
8. Press and flatten the dough so it covers the bottom of each pan.
9. Bake until the edges are brown and top is golden – about 40 to 45 minutes.
10. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
Have a wonderful week!