My husband has always loved peanut butter. Perhaps that’s why his favorite recipe from his mom’s kitchen are these flavorful Peanut Butter Cookies. If you love tried and true family recipes, be sure to give this recipe a whirl!
3 Cups Sifted Flour
1 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Peanut Butter
½ Cup Corn Syrup
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Cup Shortening or Butter
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. Cut in shortening (or butter) and peanut butter until coarse.
3. Combine mixture with corn syrup and milk.
4. Roll into a 2-inch diameter cylinder.
5. Cover with wax paper and chill overnight.
6. Slice thinly and fill with peanut butter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
8. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool, then store in an airtight container.
They are especially yummy served warm!
I wanted to share an exciting tidbit with you. Jerri at Simply Sweet Home has made my Coconut Butterscotch Cookies one of her featured posts on Friday Favorites – Week 23! How cool is that! Thank you so much Jerri for that honor!
If you’re looking for more fabulous recipes, be sure to visit the following sites for weekly inspiration:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace
Also, be sure to enter My Vintage Christmas Giveaway – now through Friday, August 6, 2010!