|Mom’s Old Fashioned Turkey Noodle Soup –
Made With Extra Sprinkles Of Love!
Are you looking for a recipe that nourishes both body and soul? Do you want a meal that will warm your tummy while tasting extra yummy? Put on a pot of Mom’s Turkey Noodle Soup – one of my childhood favorites! It’s healthy – it’s perfect for families stretching their budgets – it’s great for using up leftovers – and it’s delicious!
15-16 Pound Turkey Carcass (containing leftover remnants of meat)
4 Cups Carrots, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Celery, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Onion, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Package Egg Noodles
2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Garlic
1/3 Cup Chopped Dried Parsley
1. Put the turkey carcass in a large stock pot and cover it with water. Add 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper, paprika, and garlic to the water. Let the turkey carcass, water, and spices simmer for 4 to 6 hours, until the meat falls off of the bones. Set the pot aside and let it cool.
2. Remove the turkey carcass from the water. Remove all of the meat from the turkey carcass and set it aside. Discard the bones.
3. Coarsely chop the turkey and return it to the broth.
4. Add the chopped carrots, onions, celery and chicken stock to the broth.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper, paprika, and garlic plus the chopped dried parsley to the broth.
6. Simmer for 2 hours or until the carrots, onions, and celery or cooked.
7. Add the egg noodles and simmer for 20 to 30 more minutes.
8. Serve with cornbread, biscuits, or your favorite bread!
Best Recipes Of 2010
Would you like to catch up on my best recipes from 2010? Be sure to visit these posts:
Did this leave you for a hankering for more soup? Be sure to visit Kahakai Kitchen for Souper Sundays, a party that spotlights the best soup, salad, and sandwich recipes in all of blogland!
Join The Fun
Would you like to discover more culinary delights, swap tips with other home chefs, and share a recipe or two of your own? Then join the fun – something fabulous awaits you at these great parties!
It’s Party Time
Sundays at One Food Club
Get Your Craft On
Made By You Monday
Market Yourself Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Pink Hippo Party
Socialize With Me Party
Tools Are For Women Too
What’s Cooking Monday
Dr. Laura’s Tasty Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Take A Look Tuesday
Tasty Tuesday at For The Love Of Blogs
Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
Tasty Tuesdays Blog Hop at 33 Shades of Gren
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
Tuesdays at the Table
Tuesday Night Supper Club
Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits
Crock Pot Wednesday
What’s Cooking Wednesday
What’s On Your Plate?
Full Plate Thursday
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Recipe Swap Thursday
Tip Day Thursday
Family Friendly Fridays
Fat Camp Friday
Fresh Clean & Pure Friday
Fun With Food Friday
It’s A Hodgepodge Friday
Random Makings Weekend