Happy Independence Day Weekend! I’m kicking off July by joining the Two Crazy Crafters Patriotic ATC Blog Hop – and I invite you to as well!
For those of you who are new to the genre, ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. It is a miniature piece of art – measuring 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches – created in any theme and any medium you choose!
For my ATC, I decided to blend the themes of Freedom and Celebration, because that’s what I think of when I think of July 4th. I chose our traditional national colors of red, white, and blue, and stamped a blend of swirls and stars to emulate a burst of fireworks. I distressed the edges to suggest blue skies, and I added bling and sparkle as well. I also hand-colored the red stars.
Here are a few of the materials used for the project:
- CTMH D1289 – July Word Puzzle Stamp Set
- Scrappy Cats SC1033 – Star Flourish Stamp Set
- CTMH Holiday Red Dye Ink
- CTMH Moonstruck Dye Ink
- CTMH Spring Iris Dye Ink
- Tombow (Red) Marker 835
- Stickles Diamond
- Embellishments – Bling, Button, & Brad
And a few related challenges:
- Fun With ATCs – Summer Theme
- Little Red Wagon – Challenge #87 – Patriotic
- Paperplay Challenge – Week 26 – Anything But A Card
- Scrap Creations – Anything But A Card
- Tuesday Throwdown 55 – Red White & Blue
So, how are you celebrating the 4th? Are there fireworks in your future? The inquisitive gals at Two Question Thursday and Aloha Friday want to know!
Whatever you do, do it in style – do it safely – and remember the reason we’re celebrating!