Remembering 9/11 – United We Stand

911 United We Stand

Where were you when you heard about the events of 9/11?

How has 9/11 impacted your life?

I invite you to join me in honoring the memory of all whose lives were lost or forever changed on 9/11 – and to pay tribute to our nation’s heroes – by sharing your thoughts and comments on today’s post.

19 Responses to “Remembering 9/11 – United We Stand”

1. Judy Haughton-James
    Twitter: james_judy

I was in Jamaica and was stunned to see what was happening on television. It affected the whole world. My prayers and thoughts are with those who lost loved ones. I wrote a post on my Blog about it this afternoon. Take care.

2. Michelle says:

I was at work. I just remember it being so unbelievable. We always thought we were so untouchable. And it was eerie how quiet it was while the airports were closed.

3. We will never forget those who were lost and for those who serve every day.
    God Bless America!

4. What a day…..remember it so vividly. I was at the warehouse of our business when I heard. We all went out to my van and turned the tv on and watched in horror and amazement. I tried to call our sons at school to make sure they were okay. It was just an incredible feeling at that moment to realize that this had happened. While it was horrible and unbelievable it did not make me live in fear. I know that God is with me every second and while some might fear the unknown and events like this horrible one—my attitude is one of knowing that if something horrible happens I will be with God. I fear for those who do not have a faith. Thanks for sharing with us today.

5. melissa says:

thanks for posting! I just wrote my blog post on where I was. Feel free to visit http://www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com. I appreciate all the 9-11 posts today!

6. Reannah says:

Thanks for sharing this book – I just started following your site. Thank you. I was a Navy wife living on a military base at the time. I also worked at a daycare where most of the kid’s parents were overseas & in the Middle East when the attacks occurred. I wrote my story this weekend as well…

7. Create With Joy

Thank you all for sharing! It was my intent to put a linky up with this post so that you all could link your posts to it, but for some reason, I could not get the linky to work last night… I suspect that many services are being overwhelmed today as people share their memories across the nation and around the world. Twitter has been going up and down all morning.

I had also intended to write a post about where I was when I heard the news but found that 10 years later, I am still having difficulty wrapping my head around what happened…

8. Brenda TN says:

I work a couple of days a week as a secretary at our church so I was there that day. We brought a tv in and watch and answered calls from different ones who just needed to talk and share with others. So many asked if we could have a prayer vigil that night at the church so we did and the church was packed from the community and everyone turning to the Lord for answers and strength. The sad part–as the weeks went by the crowds went back to being the same. Don’t we all act that way sometimes. Run to Him in trouble then act like we can handle it the rest of the time.

9. Angie says:

Hi! Just stopping by to say thanks for liking up with us on the hop! 🙂

I was in Middle School when this happened… 🙁

thanks,
    Angie

10. I’m a new follower. I posted a “silent” tribute at http://daeofourlives.blogspot.com/2011/09/we-will-never-forget-freebie-printable.html

Would love for you to follow back!

11. My 9/11 Reflections are posted on my blog. I was at work when the first plane hit the towers….I think 9/11 affected us all in so many ways that even we may not realize! I am finally getting to my Sunday Blog Hops! Follow Back @ http://www.pargasjunkyard.wordpress.com and/or on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pargas-Junkyard/259287017434763?sk=wall

12. Anna-Marie says:

Thanks for linking up to the NOBH. It was a painful day for Americans around the world

13. What a tragic incident!
    My prayers to all the victims and their families.

14. Melissa says:

Stopping by from the Make Your Rank Lower Alexa hop. Please come by mine, too!

15. Charlotte says:

It’s earlier in our time zone. Hubby was reading the paper when I went into the kitchen. The TV was on and the first plane had just hit. It was like a dream. It was hard to believe it was actually happening. Hard to believe it has been ten long years since it happened.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

16. Hopping thru on Monday 9/12! ….Praying that those affected by 9/11’s tragedy 10 years ago are growing and rebuilding as life goes on…

17. I was still in high school…it is a day I will never forget.

WM

18. Pamela says:

I was sitting at my desk writing. A friend e-mailed me and I quickly turned it on. I didn’t get any more writing done that day as I grieved along with the others. A recent Barna poll said that the the increased pull towards the things of God is now back to what it was before the attack. I find that sad.

19. life just saying says:

Love your blog. New follower visiting from Tuesday’s hop by Busy Mom’s Tips. I posted my story on my blog. My family was at Disney World…we were evactauted.