When I think of soup, I think of my Mom. My mother loves soups of all kind – from the healthiest of broths to the heartiest of stews. I have seen her happily order soup in her favorite restaurant on the hottest of summer days!
When I learned that TidyMom and Dine and Dish were hosting their 2nd Annual SoupaPalooza – and I saw all of the amazing recipes bloggers were sharing – I knew I wanted to honor her through this special event! Mom will be jumping with joy when she sees hundreds of amazing soups, stews, chilis, and chowders linked in one post!
To honor my Mom, I am sharing my favorite childhood soup – the Turkey Noodle Soup I grew up on! It’s brimming with oodles of noodles and other delights, with flavor bursting out of the bowl!
Mom used to make this after the holidays with our leftovers, but here’s a secret I’ll share just with you. This soup is so good, my husband I sometimes buy a turkey just to make the soup!
15-16 Pound Turkey Carcass (containing leftover remnants of meat)
4 Cups Carrots, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Celery, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Onion, Coarsely Chopped
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Package Egg Noodles
2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Garlic
1/3 Cup Chopped Dried Parsley
1. Put the turkey carcass in a large stock pot and cover it with water. Add 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper, paprika, and garlic to the water. Let the turkey carcass, water, and spices simmer for 4 to 6 hours, until the meat falls off of the bones. Set the pot aside and let it cool.
2. Remove the turkey carcass from the water. Remove all of the meat from the turkey carcass and set it aside. Discard the bones.
3. Coarsely chop the turkey and return it to the broth.
4. Add the chopped carrots, onions, celery and chicken stock to the broth.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper, paprika, and garlic plus the chopped dried parsley to the broth.
6. Simmer for 2 hours or until the carrots, onions, and celery or cooked.
7. Add the egg noodles and simmer for 20 to 30 more minutes.
8. Serve with Fresh Baked Cornbread!
Now if you would like to participate in this event – and have a chance to join the fun – don’t miss out!
Need a place to organize all of your great soup recipes?
Check out the world’s best recipe software, the Cook’n Recipe Organizer!
Save 30% with this discount code: