Question Of The Week
When is the last time someone surprised you?
Share your story and make us smile!
My Easter Surprise
Last week, I shared Yona William’s wonderful Friendship Friday post
Easter Tradition I Miss with my husband.
I thought that we should do something fun like that in the future.
Be careful what you wish for!
Last Sunday, I received a personally crafted invitation from my husband
Inviting me to my own private Easter Egg Hunt!
Somewhere in our home he had hidden a special egg for me to find.
Finding the egg meant I would receive a special prize!
As you can imagine, I was as giddy as a school girl!
The hunt was so much fun!
I had 10 minutes to find the egg.
With adrenaline racing through my veins,
I began to tear the place apart!
4 minutes later – I was exhausted!
10 minutes later – my home looked like a cyclone had hit
Still – no signs of that mystery egg!
The clock was reset.
Another 5 minutes passed.
By that time I was moving slower than Betty White.
Still – no egg!
Apparently, my Easter Egg hunting skills are not what they used to be!
Neither is my stamina.
Finally – on the 3rd attempt – I found it!
It was the most fun – if most embarassing – Easter Egg Hunt ever!
Thankfully there were no witnesses
Except the cats, who thought I had lost my mind!
I did receive the grand prize from the gracious host!
Of course, at that point, it felt more like the “pity prize”!
Thank you Yona for your wonderful story –
As a result of your Friendship Friday post
I received a wonderful surprise!
Now it’s your turn to share!
I can’t wait to hear your surprise stories!
Friend Of The Week
Brenda Youngerman – Ponderings Of An Author
Read Brenda’s Celebration Friendship Friday Post
Brenda Youngerman is a novelist who writes with a purpose:
She addresses social issues.
Her stories seem so real,
You’ll find yourself wondering if they are truth or fiction!
She is also mom to two beautiful dogs.
And host of a weekly writer’s prompt
Pondering With A Purpose!
Be sure to stop by and introduce yourselves to Brenda this week!
I am featuring a second Friend this week!
Dawn created a special Easter layout that I thought
You would want to see!
She is a talented writer and artist as well –
I know you’ll enjoy a visit to her blog!
Friendship Friday #14 – Weekend Of April 13, 2012
Welcome to Friendship Friday – a week-long blog hop that’s designed to help you:
- Foster friendships with other bloggers!
- Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
- Grow your blog and social media networks!
Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:
1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!
You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!
2) Please follow Create With Joy on:
3) Leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, please let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate!
4) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this blog hop is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!
Want to host your own party?
Click here to get started!