Have you ever dreamed of attending an event where you could meet blogger after blogger, expand your social media presence, and win fabulous prizes?
Last year, I attended my first Ultimate Blog Party and found the experience invaluable! Not only did I meet a lot of fabulous bloggers, but I also expanded my blogging horizons and began to incorporate social media into my blog!
Six Reasons To Participate In This Year’s Party
This year, I anticipate the experience will be even better! Here are six reasons I’m counting down to this year’s party:
1. You’ll have the opportunity to meet thousands of bloggers! Last year, over 3000 bloggers from a wide variety of niches participated: Facebook peeps and Twitter tweeps came too! This year – the planners anticipate continued growth!
2 You’ll have a chance to win over $9400 in prizes (yes, you read that right)!
3. You can increase your blog or brand exposure by sponsoring a giveaway!
4. You can socialize with other bloggers at four LIVE events – the #UBP12 Twitter Party, Afterhours Spreecast, Midweek Party Spreecast and UBP12 Spreecast!
5. You can participate in any or all events from the convenience of your home.
6. Attendance at the party is FREE!
Five Ways To Have The Ultimate Party Experience
Now, the party is fabulous but I’ll be honest – if you have never participated in an event of this magnitude, it is bound to be a little overwhelming the first time round! Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of the party:
1. What is the most important thing you’d like to accomplish at this party? Are you interested in meeting other bloggers, winning prizes, increasing your social media presence? Whatever you choose, focus on that first, and then participate in the other activities as you’re able. It’s better to do one thing well than a lot of things half-heartedly!
2. Write a great Ultimate Blog Party Welcome post! This post introduces you and your blog (here’s my 2011 post if you’d like to read it). You will link this post to the ONE category that best describes your blog after the party goes live – this is the post partygoers will visit when they come to meet you!
3. Be sure to read all of the host’s party posts so that you understand all of the party rules! This is particularly important when it comes to the prizes!
4. If you join the Spreecast events – join them early in case there are technical kinks to work out on your computer!
5. Above all – have fun! The party last all week and the links are up forever, so don’t feel like you have to do everything in a day – or that you have to do it all! Make the most out of this year’s experience and what you don’t do this time – plan to do next year!
Share Your Thoughts
- Are you planning on attending this year’s Ultimate Blog Party?
- How many Ultimate Blog Parties have you attended in the past?
- What excites you most about this year’s event?
Stay In Touch
If you enjoyed this post and would like to stay in touch, please join me on: