Happy Memorial Day Weekend, dear friends!
This week, as we celebrate the beginning of the summer vacation season
And remember Americans who have given their lives for their country
I invite you to share some great Advice with us
Or amuse us with stories of Advice gone bad!
Question Of The Week
What’s the best (or worst) advice you’ve ever been given?
What’s one piece of advice would you like to share with others?
Who can you always count on to give you sound advice?
Please share your answer(s) with us at Friendship Friday!
Need some inspiration?
Here’s a few quotes to get your creative juices flowing!
Food For Thought
She generally gave herself very good advice,
(Though she very seldom followed it).
No one wants advice – only corroboration.
The best way to give advice to your children
Is to find out what they want and then
Advise them to do it.
Harry S. Truman
Parents can only give good advice or
Put them on the right paths,
But the final forming of a person’s character
Lies in their own hands.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully
To the very best advice,
And then going away and doing the exact opposite.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
No one can give you better advice than yourself.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
The worst men often give the best advice.
When we ask for advice,
We are usually looking for an accomplice.
My Answer – Best Advice
My family always stressed the importance of
Getting a good education.
My mother sacrificed to see that I could attend
The best schools possible.
In the process, my teachers instilled within me a
Lifelong love of learning – for its own sake –
That I am blessed with to this day!
What about you?
Inspire us with some great or humorous advice!
Friend Of The Week
Stephanie – An Ever Grateful Heart
This week’s Featured Friend is Stephanie –
An appreciative blogger who finds joy in
Sharing her faith and her beautiful photography with others!
Last week, she wrote about Comfort / Trust for Friendship Friday.
Be sure to visit and introduce yourselves to Stephanie this week!
Friendship Friday #20 – Week Of May 25, 2012
- Foster friendships with other bloggers!
- Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
- Grow your blog and social media networks!
Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:
1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!
You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!
2) Please follow Create With Joy and leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate! You can follow me on:
- Google Plus
- Linky Followers
- E-Mail Subscription
- RSS Feed Subscription
- Stumble Upon
3) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this community is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!
Want to host your own party?
Click here to get started!