- Are you a woman who dreams of motherhood and raising the perfect family?
- Are you a new mom who is both excited and anxious about your new role?
- Are you an overworked mother of six who is yearning for a time out?
No matter where you fall on the “mom” scale – Jennifer Grant’s new book, MOMumental – Adventures in the Messy Art of Raising a Family, is for you!
MOMumental is a delightful memoir that pays tribute to the highs and lows of motherhood. Jennifer approaches motherhood as an adventure. Here’s a sampling of the destinations she’ll take you to in her book:
- Do you dream of being the perfect parent? Make Velveteen Parenting – Adventures In Becoming Real your first stop!
- Have you ever wondered if you’re raising a compulsive liar or a potential sociopath? A quick visit to On The Bwight Side – Adventures In Mistaking Kids For Mini-Adults is in order!
- Do you sometimes feel like you’re losing your sense of self? An Escape To Gordon’s House – Adventures In Friendship will revive you!
- Have you ever felt like you’re a terrible mom because of something you’ve done? You’ll find yourself in good company over at Mommy Misdemeanors – Adventures In Messing Up!
Sometimes, we need a little help from our friends to get through our days! Here are a few of the aids – some helpful, some humorous – Jennifer provides:
- Are you a stress mess? Take the Signs You Might Be Burned Out and in Need of a Getaway With Friends test to see if you need a girl’s night out!
- Are you on overload? Discover Five Multiple-Duty Products Busy Moms Shouldn’t Be Without!
- Do you pray? You’ll appreciate A (Sort Of) Serenity Prayer for Mothers Of Young Children in an Anxious Time!
Jennifer’s book is helpful, humorous, insightful and poignant – a real joy to read. If you’re ready to take a foray into the MOMumental world of parenting – let Jennifer Grant be your tour guide!
MOMumental – Video Overview With Jennifer Grant
If you are reading this post in a format where you cannot see the video, click here.
Jennifer Grant is a journalist and mother of four who currently freelances for the Chicago Tribune and regularly contributes to her.meneutics, Christianity Today magazine’s blog for women. In 2011, Thomas Nelson published her first book, a memoir entitled Love You More: The Divine Surprise Of Adopting My Daughter; Momumental from Worthy Publishers is her second book. Jennifer is also the co-founder of the Redbud Writers Guild.
- You can read more about Jennifer at her website.
- You can read an interview with Jennifer at Women Of God Magazine.
More Great Resources
If this book interests you, here are a few more books you may enjoy:
- He Heard Hannah by Lynnette Kraft
- Hurry Less Worry Less For Moms by Judy Christie
- Selections From One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
For more great books, visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews!
Stay In Touch
Keep the inspiration coming – subscribe to Create With Joy by:
Follow Create With Joy on:
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a copy of this book from Worthy Publishing for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review, nor was I required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.