Friendship Friday – Independence Day

Welcome to Friendship Friday – a week-long opportunity to:

• Foster friendships with other bloggers!
  • Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
  • Grow your blog and social media networks!

Question Of The Week

This week, Americans will be celebrating
One of their most cherished holidays of all –
Independence Day –
Also known as the 4th of July!

Many other countries also celebrate
Their own version of this holiday.

Please share how you and your family
Celebrate Independence Day,
Wherever you live, and
What freedom means to you!

Holiday Strawberries by Cupcakes Kisses N Crumbles

From My Red White & Blue Pinterest Board

My Answer – Independence Day

In our family, it is customary to celebrate
Independence Day by hosting a BBQ,
Spending the day with family and friends,
And counting down to nightfall
Where we round out the evening
By watching the fireworks with our community!

Throughout the day, I think about how blessed
I am to live in the land of the free
And how proud I am of all of the men and women
Who serve our country so bravely.

Many in my family have served and I am lucky
That they have returned home.
I know that other families are not so lucky.

As I watch the fireworks in the evening
I always hear the words to
The Star Spangled Banner
Our National Anthem
In my head.

To us who have not experienced war firsthand
They are a beautiful sight.
To others they are a fright to behold.

Freedom is a gift we must never take for granted.
Freedom is a gift that others have paid for
With their lives.

Have a safe and blessed Independence Day!

Friend Of The Week
Brenda Youngerman – Ponderings Of An Author

Brenda Youngerman - Ponderings Of An Author

This week’s Featured Friend is
Brenda from Ponderings Of An Author!

Brenda is an author who writes fiction with a purpose.
Her goal is to write one book a year that addresses
The social issues of the day.
She aims to make her stories so real,
That her readers will wonder if her stories are really true!

Last week, Brenda wrote a great Friendship Friday post
Sharing her Top 10 Blogging Tips!
Be sure to visit Brenda this week.
You’ll not only make a wonderful new friend,
You’ll also learn how to become a better blogger!

Friendship Friday #25 – Week Of June 29, 2012

Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:

1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!

You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!

2) Please follow Create With Joy and leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate! You can follow Create With Joy on:

3) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this community is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!

The party will be open all week so that you have plenty of time to post, link and mingle! Have fun making friends and be sure to join me for Inspire Me Monday and Wordless Wednesday!

32 Responses to “Friendship Friday – Independence Day”

1. JANICE'S FOOTSTEPS says:

I think Brenda was a great choice I have been buying and reading her books she is so good glad she was the featured friend. I love the picture of the strawberries yummy! I will have to do my post tomorrow I am doing some daughter movie time this evening so I will link up and post in the morning thanks for hosting!!

Hi Janice,

Look forward to reading your post! Enjoy your evening with your daughter! Brenda rocks – I’m sure she’ll appreciate your comment! :-)

2. Thanks so much for hosting!
    Marcie @ http://www.IGottaTryThat.com

3. Meryl says:

Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend.

4. Raquel
    Twitter: Organizedisland

I love what Brenda wrote! I believe it is so important to remember the reasons for these holidays and to remind our children as well. Thank you for hosting Friendship Friday!

5. Deb @ Raising Figure Skaters
    Twitter: RaisingSkaters

I LOVE the 4th of July! We had such a great time when our kids were little (http://livingmontessorinow.com/2010/07/01/child-led-patriotism/), and our now-adult kids typically visit us for the 4th of July. This year, we have to stay at home because of the Colorado Springs fires, and we obviously won’t be seeing any 4th of July fireworks. But our kids plan to visit, so it should be a very special time anyway.

6. Michelle
    Twitter: Divatude

Happy Friday! I can’t wait to head over to Brenda’s blog and connect with her. She sounds like an awesome person! I’m excited about celebrating and spending time with family and friends over the next two weekends. The middle of the week Independence Day makes for double celebrations around these parts :)

Independence Day has a special place in my heart. I’m married to a veteran and have many family and friends that are still serving our country. It’s easy to sometimes take for granted the freedoms we have, but when you stop and think of the many people who do not have the freedom to even use the Internet or wear what they want to on a regular basis – it can be humbling. Also, when I reflect on those that have sacrificed their time and energies and even their lives to fight for our freedoms – it puts things in a totally different perspective and makes you so thankful for even the littlest of our freedoms.

You will love meeting Brenda, Michelle!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It sounds like you have a fabulous week planned and truly appreciate what Independence Day is all about. I hope you and your family enjoy your celebrations – and I pray that those who are currently abroad safely make it home to their families!

7. Debbie says:

Stopping by via the Feed Me Friday hop, I’ve signed up for email updates. I’ve already connected with you in other networks we have in common. Thanks for hosting the Friendship Friday Hop!! Those strawberries looks delicious!!

Thanks so much for joining me via email Debbie and for stopping by for Friendship Friday – I always love visiting you and reading your latest posts! :-)

8. Dawn
    Twitter: breathoffaith

Oh, well- we actually celebrate our wedding anniversary most of all. I love our country and the sweet July 5th anniversary we celebrate. I am grateful for so much that being born in America has allowed. So much is taken for granted. SO many freedoms, rights and luxuries- yet we are so blessed! God Bless America! God Bless our marriage and God bless you this weekend. We will be celebrating all week…enjoying the family, friends, food and SUmmer and wedding memories! I am sure to do a post!

Happy Anniversary Dawn – what a fabulous way to celebrate! Love your thoughts! Look forward to reading your post – thanks for stopping by! :-)

9. Harriet says:

When my kids were in marching band, we would march in the local parade and then come home and sit in our pool.

Have a great weekend!

10. Looks like some awesome friends to make today! Thanks for fostering this climate of nurturing bloggers relationships! Happy seeing beautiful!

11. May you have a blessed Independence Day! Thanks for hosting the link-up.

12. DogsMom says:

Thank you for stopping to visit me. I am sorry I have not written a blog post in for-EVER! I need to shift my priorities and include some blogging fun.
    Presently I am taking an e-course which involves responding to written prompts and taking photos. I would love to share them.
    But RIGHT NOW I am melting. I enjoy the heat, but I do wish sweating would equal real weight loss.

Happy Canada Day and July 4th!

13. self sagacity
    Twitter: selfsagacity

My family is visiting with my SO’s family. Once a year, if the parents’ health allows it, they would come out for a week and a half to spend with their kids. They started this tradition because his dad’s BD is on July 3rd. SO’s life has been dominated by my big family, so it is a nice break for him to have me visit with his family.
    Freedom to me is having a car, money, and time. I couldn’t live in a city where I have to depend on public transportation, because I like to be able to control when I want to go. Have a wonderful Fourth of July my friend.

14. bj says:

What a great idea for a link party. I will come back and party with ya sometime.:)
    I am following thru Linky Followers.
    xo

15. Marcia says:

Thankful for our freedom.
    Happy Pinks and happy Independence.
    Much love,
    Marcia

16. Cas says:

Wish you a Happy Independence Day on the 4th of July:)

Visiting for Wordless Wednesday- hope you can stop by..

17. kailani says:

We spend the day at the beach and a fireworks show at night.

18. austine says:

I’m following you via linky. Love the friendship questions and meeting new bloggers. Check out my site if you get time. http://aetcheverry.blogspot.com/2012/07/friendship-friday_02.html

19. Diane says:

I would have to say, aside from Christmas and Easter, that July the first is my most special day of celebration. Family day of eating and visiting and just being together. It was most special this year because my Husby was still with us and because he used what time he has to create something especially awesome for the grandchildren. Thank you for reminding us what is important. And for sharing on NOBH!

1. [...] need to create a Friendship Friday post with the button and/or link back to the original blog. You can find out more and join in by going to Create With Joy’s blog. [...]