Welcome to Friendship Friday – a week-long opportunity to:
- Foster friendships with other bloggers!
- Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
- Grow your blog and social media networks!
Question Of The Week
This week, Americans will be celebrating
One of their most cherished holidays of all –
Independence Day –
Also known as the 4th of July!
Many other countries also celebrate
Their own version of this holiday.
Please share how you and your family
Celebrate Independence Day,
Wherever you live, and
What freedom means to you!
My Answer – Independence Day
In our family, it is customary to celebrate
Independence Day by hosting a BBQ,
Spending the day with family and friends,
And counting down to nightfall
Where we round out the evening
By watching the fireworks with our community!
Throughout the day, I think about how blessed
I am to live in the land of the free
And how proud I am of all of the men and women
Who serve our country so bravely.
Many in my family have served and I am lucky
That they have returned home.
I know that other families are not so lucky.
As I watch the fireworks in the evening
I always hear the words to
The Star Spangled Banner
Our National Anthem
In my head.
To us who have not experienced war firsthand
They are a beautiful sight.
To others they are a fright to behold.
Freedom is a gift we must never take for granted.
Freedom is a gift that others have paid for
With their lives.
Have a safe and blessed Independence Day!
Friend Of The Week
Brenda Youngerman – Ponderings Of An Author
This week’s Featured Friend is
Brenda from Ponderings Of An Author!
Brenda is an author who writes fiction with a purpose.
Her goal is to write one book a year that addresses
The social issues of the day.
She aims to make her stories so real,
That her readers will wonder if her stories are really true!
Last week, Brenda wrote a great Friendship Friday post
Sharing her Top 10 Blogging Tips!
Be sure to visit Brenda this week.
You’ll not only make a wonderful new friend,
You’ll also learn how to become a better blogger!
Friendship Friday #25 – Week Of June 29, 2012
Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:
1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!
You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!
2) Please follow Create With Joy and leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate! You can follow Create With Joy on:
- Google Plus
- Linky Followers
- E-Mail Subscription
- RSS Feed Subscription
- Stumble Upon
3) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this community is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!