WOYWW – Magazine Clippings

Crafting Magazines

Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! How many of you are magazine junkies? I am – I’ve been reading and collecting magazines all of my life!

Over the years the titles have changed, but my love of magazines has not.

Recently, however, I’ve come to the realization that I need to travel a little lighter – and one of the first places to start paring down was my magazine stash!

I am in the process of revisitng some of my favorite issues from the past, clipping the photos and articles that inspire me and tossing the rest as I begin to simplify my space and my life.

Here are a few clippings of scrapbook layouts that have inspired me along the way!

Magazine Layouts
How do you process your magazines when you are through reading them?

Have a fabulous week!

For More Creative Inspiration,
Please Join Me At:

By E-Mail Or RSS

Pinterest

What’s On Your Desk This Week?

WOYWW 2012 - Paisley Button

14 Responses to “WOYWW – Magazine Clippings”

1. Dawn
    Twitter: breathoffaith

oooooooooh , I used to be a magazine junkie. I nipped it in the bud. Or clipped it in the recyclable! Either way…clutter is always refinding me …so are you scrapping your fave mag clippings? Or saving torn out scraps? Moving is a great time to start fresh and organized, right? Hope all is well in the new digs!

2. Okienurse says:

It is really hard to part with old friends though. Here a while back I had to go through a bunch of magazines that I kept in the garage cause the little critters had decided to make paper nests with them. It was heart breaking to get rid of them but…Hope you have a great week. Vickie (no number yet)

3. Denise C says:

I am getting in the habit at work to scan important documents. So to cull my collection I learned how to scan magazines and I do them after work and save the images on my computer than my hard drive. This way I can tag them and sort by seasons. Takes a little while to scan but plenty of room on hard drive and soon on my shelf for a new project.

4. Lisa Isabella Russo
    Twitter: artbylr

I have a serious magazine problem! Not as much as I used to, but I still hold onto a lot of them. Before I moved, I started going through my collection to select what I needed and recycle the rest, but I didn’t finish the project…

5. DogsMom says:

I am still a magazine junkie. My problem is WORSE now that I see other people selling old ads from magazines on ebay for $5 or $10 each.
    Now I think even the trash is valuable!

6. sandy :) says:

Hmmm I give all my old magazines to the local nursing home.. They do crafts and love to have them. Anything that grabs my eye I just scan on to the computer. Sandy 🙂

7. Angie says:

I’ve parted ways with a lot of my magazines, figuring that if it’s been sitting on the shelf and I haven’t touched it I don’t need it. I recycle to people that are just learning to stamp to help them with ideas mostly. The ones I do keep I use for reference and hey the little section of bookshelf they take up is NOTHING compared to my gardening books lol!
    Angie #91

8. Helen says:

Hi, I wish I could bring myself to cut/tear up my many, many, many magazines – though the space it would free up would be immense!! Maybe one day….

Have a great WOYWW, Helen, 4

9. anita says:

Hi love the upcycle of the magazines. I am not a scrapbooker, but those are beautiful.

10. I’ve was a bit of a magazine junkie in the past. Now I (almost never) buy them. I get some from the library, then they HAVE to be returned! I used to take magazines to the gym so others could read and enjoy. It seems a waste to simply recycle them.

11. sandeeNC says:

I usually give mine away, sometimes at a crop or somtimes I take them to the common room where we do our laundry and leave them there. I think they are to be shared, and if I see any inspiring ideas, I usually do them, then and there! lol I am impulsive to say the least! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina 🙂

12. Shaz says:

I do the same thing now. I found I had so many magazines, and realised that at least a third of a magazine is advertising( which may be relevant at the time, but not 5+ years later), so I started taking out the articles that inspired me, or I wanted to try, and storing them in plastic pockets in ringbinders. That way I can organise by theme, or technique. Have a great week, Shaz #58

13. I used to have a lot of magazines. That was before the Internet and pinterest. Now I have a bunch of folders filled with clippings from those old magazines. I’m not even sure if I’m still interested in the stuff I clipped back then. Ah, another thing to do, look over those clippings!

14. Eliza says:

I also keep the interesting bits from my magazines but my cloth paper sissors I keep all of them as well as my stampington mags. The rest I cut up, save bits forward onto the handicapped for their art and in general keep mine under control (NOW) lol.

Belated WOYWW greetings