WOYWW – Naughty ‘Nami Strikes

Naughty Nami

Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends!
What’s on my workspace today?
Well it all began rather idyllically…

As I unpacked some crafty boxes and sorted my stash,
Sweet Tsunami sat serenely in my space and
Serendipitously surveyed the scene…

Turned My Back

Of course, the peacefulness did not last.
As soon as I turned my back,
Naughty ‘Nami came out!

Plastic Fetish

Naughty ‘Nami has a plastic fetish.

Jaws Of Steel

Naughty ‘Nami has Jaws of Steel.

The Face Of Fear

Naughty ‘Nami strikes terror in the hearts of all who cross his path!

The Victim

Who will his next victim be?
Tune in for next week’s installment of WOYWW!

Legend - The Glare at Create With Joy

Wondering if Legend is behaving any better this week?
Hop over to Wordless Wednesday to find out!

Join Us For Inspire Me Monday

By E-Mail Or RSS

Pinterest

71 Responses to “WOYWW – Naughty ‘Nami Strikes”

1. Bernice says:

This made me laugh and reminded me of the first time we took our cat to the vet in a large cardboard box – he crunched all the way along the top edge like a stapler! Happy WOYWW!
    Bernice #7

2. Maria says:

What a naughty Nami lol, he looked so good in that first photo, what breed is he?
    Have a great week…

Maria #8

I know – doesn’t he look angelic in that first photo?
      Then I turned my back!!! 🙂

Tsunami (and Legend) are Maine Coons – two very sweet (but very entertaining) kitties!

3. Nikki C says:

LOL Mine has a pencil fetish and likes to take them out of my hand when I’m using them
    I don’t chew on my pencils … my kitty does that for me lol
    hugs Nikki #6

4. laurie says:

sure wish I had Nami!! Best wishes from Canada!

5. Spyder says:

Our lodger cat like to eat hubby’s slippers! goes crazy for them!
    Have a great crafty week. HapPy WoyWw
    ((Lyn)) now #12

6. oh my gosh! my cats used to eat everything too!!!

7. Deb says:

oh wow, he can do some damage! Best keep your precious stuff in metal containers!
    Debxx

8. Elaine says:

Naughty naughty puss.
    Cheers, Elaine #27

9. Ali Wade says:

Happy WOYWW and I hope you still have some unchewed plastic on your desk?! Thankfully, our cat isn’t a big chewer – she prefers to kill and eat live things (mice, spiders, birds, moles …..), and she is good – doesn’t bring them inside. Ali x #55

10. Cafe au lait says:

Naughty Nami!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

11. This cracked me up…all of my cats have a bit of Naughty ‘Nami in them!

Purrs,
    The KT Gang

12. Regina says:

Hahah!! No wonder they say that raising a kid is totally like having a pet! My son does the same! 🙂

13. Okienurse says:

I have one cat that is like Nami and if I am not careful I come back to find all plastic projects in ruins. Skitty is also my glue sniffing cat…she truly loves smelling and licking adhesive bottles. I have to keep them locked up or she bites on them and glue goes everywhere. The other cat loves to lick plastic and will slobber all over the place in her joy! I asked the vet what it was all about and he says that he has heard of hundreds of other cats doing the same thing and he thinks it is the smoothness of the plastics. Thanks for sharing and have a great week! Vickie #39

14. Julia Dunnit says:

Naughty Nami indeed…bet you didn’t even ground him!!! Nice to see you’re unpacking and sorting, takes some motivation when the priority unpacking has been done though, huh!

15. kay says:

your post made me smile,defo naughty nami,but looks so cute at the same time
    have a fab woyww
    kay #75

16. Buttons says:

Our ‘little darling’ does that too with the post! Happy WOYWW, hugs Buttons #85

17. Judy McCarthy says:

Cats are funny like that aren’t they? Our cat chews the miniature rose bushes and spits out the twigs!Funny (above), that cat which chewed the box!
    Judyx

18. Annie says:

I’m sat reading my WOYWW blogs on my sick bed this week but have my mask on so you don’t catch anything. I’m enjoying reading what everyone is up to this week [it’s better than reading magazines 🙂 ]. I’m leaving a copied comment so you know I’ve called by because my hands are too weak and shaky to keep typing out my comments this week.
    Big hugs,
    A x #93

19. Maggie says:

Nami, you go kitty! It’s fun chewing on plastic, I like it too! Wagging Wordless Wednesday Halloween!
    Maggie

20. Karen says:

Cats are brilliant at helping when crafting so I’ve found. Even better with Christmas wrapping paper and tape!! LOL!! Have a great WOYWW! Karen T 96 x

21. Carole says:

Funny cat. Fun narrative too.

22. Shaz says:

‘Nami is so beautiful! Love all the teethmarks in the plastic. we had one who had a carrier bag fetish- you couldn’t leave a bag lying around, she would climb inside it. Once something startled her, she ran out of the bag, unfortunately she tried to run out through the handle. Shot off, with the bag round her middle, trying to shake it off, getting more furious with it by the second, us trying to catch her to remove it! Still didn’t cure her though.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #90

Both Legend and a previous cat have gotten their heads stuck in the handles of paper bags and FREAKED OUT – tearing through the house (with the paper bag on their heads creating catastrophe in their wake… didn’t cure them either… it is amazing their penchant for trouble (And yet, we still love them!)

23. Brenda says:

Cats are just like humans, they all have their own quirks and personalities. I had a cat as a kid and he used to chew electrical wires! You had to check everything before you plugged it in otherwise you might get a shock! He chewed right through the Christmas lights once when they were plugged in, he was the one who got a sock that time! Shot straight up in the air with his fur all standing on end like something out of Tom and Jerry!!

Hugs
    Brenda 1

When ‘Nami was a kitten he also had a penchant for chewing on electrical cords and it scared me to death!
      He chewed through my phone cord and most of my keyboard chord…
      I had to make myself be stern with him because of the danger!

I sure hope he was ok and that he learned his lesson (that must have given everyone quite the scare!)

24. It’s a busy desk, but not only with crafting stuff 🙂 One of my two cats is very interesting in crafting too. When I turn my back she tries to steal small flowers or other embellishments. She also love the scraps of my cards. Hope you find some time to craft today. Thanks for sharing and a happy WOYWW. Bye, Franka #49

25. Twiglet says:

A Jekyl and Hyde character I think!! So beautiful in the first pic but obviously an evil fetish for plastic. x Jo

26. Sandy Leigh says:

My cats do the exact same thing! They get right in the middle of what I’m doing–so fun. I once had a dear sweet kitty, Zza Zza, a maine coon who looked exactly like your Tsunami! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #22

27. One way to look at this, is you have company in your craft room……I wonder what kind of inspiration comes from naughty nami? I only had one cat in my life, and he truly kept me entertained.

28. Silvia says:

First time visit via WOYWW.
    Oh how I wish I had such a companion on my Work desk

29. Krisha says:

LOL great post and pictures.
    Krisha #56

30. Tamika says:

I dare ya to dab some paint on the chewed up plastic bag and see what kind of neat impression comes out!? I use bubble wrap and its so cool! Just thinking crafty as I type…Tamika #112

31. Crys Wiltshire
    Twitter: CrysWiltshire

Hilarious! They get so proud of the destruction they leave too!

32. Caro says:

This made me smile so much…typical cat! Thanks for sharing, Caro #80

33. Caz says:

How naughty!!!! Jasper (persian cross) has a fetish for ANYTHING he can sneak in and grab from my room!! How can you be cross with them though?!?!?
    Have a good week
    Caz
    #137

LOL… I was thinking to myself, how seriously can my cats take my scolding after a photo sesion of them doing their naughty misdeeds? 🙂

They get away with EVERYTHING because they are so stinking cute!

34. Traceyr says:

hahaha I didn’t expect to see cats on your workdesk. They are so fluffy and cute.

🙂

35. Sandi McLean says:

LOL a great post! I have a great hulk of an ill-trained dog who insists on sleeping where ever I might step next! Sandi #27

36. sandeeNC says:

Well, as long as I’m not wearing anything plastic I guess I would be safe from the jaws of terror! lol Great pictures, his expression sure changed once he started chewing!!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina 🙂

37. scrappymo! says:

Oh my…what a little plastic devil!!! teehee

38. arty andrea says:

LOL naughty cat great pics,just as well its plastic ad not Paper !!!!… sorry I’m late too many to see on one day have a great woyww week
    x…#77

39. Mary Anne says:

That CAT! What a terror. Cute on the outside, but jaws of steel and a taste for plastic. Lethal combo 🙂

Happy WOYWW

MA (2)

40. Well, I did come over to see Naughty Nami … and I wasn’t scared because I am habituated to the plastic fetish. I have one cat who eats plastic and another who lick plastic. I should know better than to leave any plastic out where it can be found, but, being an old poop, I do … and I don’t own a plastic anything that doesn’t have teeth marks in it. So, Naughty Nomi is in good company … don’t you wonder what that is all about?

Andrea @ From The Sol

41. Sue H says:

What fab pictures and how wonderful to have your furry friend sharing your work space. I’m quite lucky because BoJangles would rather sit on my craft stash rather than try and eat it.

Happy Crafting!
    Sue @ 125
    x

42. Lynda says:

What a BIG cat, and beautiful. That’s funny about the plastic fetish. Thanks for linking up at NOBH. Have a wonderful weekend!

43. Anita Lim says:

Love the photos! We have a cat who is a pen stealer & also tears up cardboard boxes & spits them out 🙂

44. Beautitul guy! My cat likes plastic, too – but he mostly just sniffs and licks it rather than chew it. Great photos!

45. Sarah says:

Glad to know it’s not just my cats that like to interfere with crafty projects etc.

Naughty Nami indeed!! Thanks so much for linking up 🙂

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

46. Dawn
    Twitter: breathoffaith

Catching up with Legend and Tsunami! I love it…Thinking Aurora and Naughty Nami would be a match. ANd Ashley and Legend would hook up- He is Mr. Naughty Pants, right?

Right! Oh, which is which? An online cat match making blogger – got to love it, Dawn!

The boys are looking forward to seeing why you think each girl would be the right match – and oh, Naughty ‘Nami got into even MORE mischief last night!

47. Leslie says:

My cat has a serious fetish with anything plastic and ribbon!

Thanks for linking up with Raising Imperfection!

48. Rosey says:

All that beautiful hair! I couldn’t even stay mad at him for a second.

49. mel says:

Look at his naughty face. Even with that face, he is seriously one of the cutest cats going!!