Question Of The Week
What are your favorite Christmas carols?
Are there any songs that embody the spirit of Christmas for you?
Do you participate in any special musical events during the holiday season?
Share the music that makes you merry this Friendship Friday!
I love the Christmas season and the beautiful music it brings!
With each passing Christmas season, the message of the
Traditional Christmas carols grow more meaningful to me.
My favorite Christmas song is Oh Holy Night…
But there are many others I love as well!
Another favorite Christmas song –
One that particularly embodies the spirit of Christmas – is
The Little Drummer Boy, which was written in 1941 and
Originally called Carol Of The Drum.
It was recorded by the Trapp Family Singers in 1955
(Yes, the family memorialized in The Sound Of Music!)
I love this song because it tells the story of a poor drummer boy
Who gives the gift of himself and his music for the baby Jesus.
His heartfelt gift always reminds me of what Christmas is about!
My favorite version of this song was recorded by Bob Seger in 1987.
Friendship Friday #46 – Week Of December 14, 2012
Welcome to Friendship Friday – a week-long opportunity to:
- Foster friendships with other bloggers!
- Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
- Grow your blog and social media networks!
Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:
1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!
You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!
2) Please follow Create With Joy and leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate! You can follow Create With Joy on:
- Google Plus
- Linky Followers
- E-Mail Subscription
- RSS Feed Subscription
- Stumble Upon
- Blog Lovin
3) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this community is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!