Wordless Wednesday – The Sofa Hog

Tsunami The Sofa Hog

One of life’s greatest joys for a cat lover
Is to have a cat (or two) by their side.

Did you know that cats also love having their
Human companions by their side?

Whenever we sit down to watch TV,
Our cats clamor for coveted spots
On the sofa – on laps – on chests –
Anywhere to be nearby!

Lately, however, I’m beginning to wonder
If I should reassess the situation.

Perhaps it isn’t my company the cats are craving.
Perhaps it is my warm cozy seat that they want!

You see, every time I leave the sofa,
I return to discover that Tsunami,
The sofa hog, has gleefully stolen my seat!

(This rarely happens to my husband.
Once planted, he rarely budges!)

I’ve also noticed that during these moments,
Tsunami becomes selectively deaf and
Acquires tunnel vision,
Refusing to make eye contact,
As indicated in this shot!

Do you have a sofa hog in your home?
If so, please share your photos and stories with us!

Thanks for joining us for
Wordless Wednesday at Create With Joy.
Have a fabulous time at this week’s party!

Wordless Wednesday – Week Of March 27, 2013

By E-Mail, RSS, Linky Followers
Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter
Blog Lovin, Stumble Upon
Goodreads, Library Thing

Pinterest

Join Us For

Grow Your Blog With

79 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – The Sofa Hog”

1. Karren Haller
    Twitter: Myllls

Good morning, thank you for hosting this weeks WW, I have a couch hog to, except he climbs on top of me wanting under the covers and wont give up until hes there. Have a great day! Karren

2. Sophia says:

He is just keeping your seat warm for when you return. The problem is, it’s just to comfortable to give up once you get back.

Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

3. Antonette says:

Good afternoon! Thank you for hosting Wordless Wednesday once again. I do enjoy stopping by and seeing your photos. Hope all is well with you. Take care.

4. Danielle Royalegacy
    Twitter: Royalegacy

Your seat must be the best then. Have a great day!

5. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Tsunami looks very silky smooth today what a fantastic pose heheh!

Have a furtastic week 🙂

6. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

That’s so funny! My W.W. has photos of Amanda with the kittens resting/sleeping together in the family room. And, Prince follows me around and jumps up on high surfaces that bring him almost eye level when he wants to be petted. We love our two kittens!

7. Kristi says:

Despite being couch hog, such a beautiful, regal cat!

8. Sounds a lot like my daughter actually 🙂

9. Charlotte says:

Beautiful cat! x

10. Teresa from NanaHood
    Twitter: thenanahood

What are Tsunami’s favorite tv shows? Animal Planet? Have a great day!
    Teresa from NanaHood.com

Tsunami likes to hang out more than watch but Legend – he likes watching all the action flicks!
      Interestingly enough, neither cat is into animal shows (they don’t need any more competition!)

However, I have had previous cats who LOVED animal shows – one I used to leave the tv on for him at times!

11. Jen says:

Thanks for sharing on Monday Show & Tell…I love your blog and visit it often!

Jen
    throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com

12. funthreads says:

The purr-fect “I don’t care cause I’m a cat” face:)

13. Kristen @ My 3 Little Kittens
    Twitter: my3lilkittens

I always look forward to seeing your beautiful cat photos!!! I am a huge cat lover and have cats myself, so I can completely relate to the sofa hog…..or the chair hog…or the bed hog…heheh

14. Loy says:

Yes, I have a sofa hog at my house…actually two! I make them move, but my hubby doesn’t. He’s such a kitty pushover! LOL Thanks for hosting!

15. Judy Haughton-James
    Twitter: james_judy

Tsunami clearly loves that cozy sofa! Thanks for hosting and Happy WW!

16. Alissa Apel
    Twitter: AlissaApel

Ha ha. My kids win the award of being sofa hogs at our house.

17. Kris @ Beyond the Whiskers
    Twitter: beyondwhiskers

I’d say a little of each. They love a warm spot and if the warm spot comes with hand to pet them, all the better. Storm (my black and white tabby) will paw at my arm if I don’t give her enough attention while she is curled up in my lap. 😉

18. Jenn @comebackmomma
    Twitter: comebackmomma

What a cute kitty. Reminds me of one I had in grade school.

19. Evelyn
    Twitter: betteronabudget

Ha ha…nobody can hog a sofa like a cat can! We call our cats the seat stealers…they wait until we get up and then instantly steal our seats. 🙂

20. Ai Sakura
    Twitter: Aisakuraharuka

Tsunami has such beautiful fur!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

21. Gorgeous cat! Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!

22. Every time Mom or Dad get up from their seats at the kitchen counter one of us grabs the warm seat. They don’t even have to walk away, just stand up. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

23. Smart kitty claiming his spot!

24. Dawn
    Twitter: breathoffaith

Hahaha! Oh my, he is such a doll. I want to hug him! Ashley and Aurora each make claim to the arm of the chair in the living room and Banjo (our dog) hates it so he runs over and thr three of them clamor around me. I am the much loved Grand Bone in the house…the giver of food and many pets so they worship me! lol. But Aurora…she claims my morning quiet time by sitting on my Bible etc. and Ashley claims my belly at night! All’s fair in love and attention seeking!

25. Rosey says:

Cutest sofa hog ever. 🙂

26. Star Traci
    Twitter: TracisStar

My little dachsund is quite the sofa hog, as well — especially when I want to fold clothes! She loves to curl on my lap.

Happy WW and thanks for hosting!
    🙂
    Traci

27. ~ linda says:

This “sofa hog” looks like a Maine Coon to me! I had one that was more tortoise shell but had the same look with the long fur especially around her chest. Anyway, gotta love ’em! Caring through Christ, ~ linda

28. @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman
    Twitter: pamelamkramer

Your cat cracks me up! We have dogs but they wait to get on the sofa until we have gone to bed. lol – Sneaky animals.

29. I love seeing Tsunami’s pictures 😉

Thank you for hosting a WW w/linky, I have mine up as well if you’d like to visit

30. adinparadise says:

Beautiful post. It reminds me of our dear departed Joey, who loved to snuggle up on the sofa. 🙂
    Here’s my contribution to Wordless Wednesday:

31. Sparkle
    Twitter: sparklecat

Well, yeah, of course we kitties want your seat – after all, you went to great lengths to warm it up for us, right?

32. veronica lee says:

We do have a sofa hog – hubby! He’s a permanent fixture!

33. May I join you….?

34. Happy Wednesday! He’s so handsome! I posted Kanga Kitty today ….she’s always ON something and easy to capture, ha ha

35. Patrice says:

What a sweetie!

36. Cathy Kennedy
    Twitter: greeneyestale

Thanks for allowing me to be apart of the WW fun! 🙂

37. natashalh
    Twitter: natasha5887

Such a pretty kitty, as always!

38. moni says:

Hello Ramona,
    your cat is so wonderful, love it♥
    Wish you a nice wednesday
    moni

39. Shala Howell
    Twitter: shalahowell

Thanks for hosting the linky! Cats are truly wonderful companions. Yours looks sweet and cuddly. Give her a head scratch for me.

40. Probably a bit of both, but I wouldn’t give up having the kitties by my side for anything! 🙂

41. LOL! My kitties do the same thing. They love stealing the warm seats. 🙂

42. Yes! I thought it was just us. My cat hops in my spot when I move then when I return and try to move her, she tries to bite me! haha. Thanks for the laugh

43. No we don’t have a sofa hog…we have a bed hog from a 12 pound yorkie!! Sigh…

44. Jay @craftyspices
    Twitter: CraftySpices

Always love to come and see what Tsunami has been up too.
    Thanks for hosting Wordless Wednesday once again.
    Have a great day.

1. […] to Wordless Wednesday! Thanks to Create With Joy, Nanahood, Catch My Words, Aquariann and Wordless Wednesday Bloggers for […]

2. […] To see what Tsunami’s up to this week, stop by Wordless Wednesday! […]

3. […] To find links to more Wordless Wednesday posts, just click here. […]

4. […]          für TINA        und         für Ramona […]

5. […] Linky Parties: Wow Us Wednesdays//Stacy Uncorked//Sincerely, Paula//Rednesday//Better in Bulk//Images by CW// Create With Joy// […]