New Spirit-Filled Life Bible NKJV – Book Review
Are you searching for a unique Study Bible to help you divide God’s Word?
Today I am privileged to share my thoughts on the New Spirit-Filled Life Bible – Kingdom Equipping Through The Power Of The Word – NKJV Edition. This study bible “addresses important issues of Spirit-filled living in the context of solid biblical scholarship”.
The Executive Editor of this Bible is Dr. Jack Hayford, a well-respected pastor and church leader with the unique ability to minister to believers across denominational lines. I received a hardcover copy of the New King James Version edition for review. If you prefer, this Bible is also being released in the New Living Translation (NLT)!
The New Spirit-Filled Life Bible NKJV is an update to the original Spirit-Filled Life Bible that was released in 1991. That bible was the first of its kind, serving as the first study Bible to integrate a Pentecostal-Charismatic perspective. According to the book’s Introductory Addendum, this new, updated edition builds on that original foundation and expands upon it with new articles and expanded Kingdom Dynamics (more on that in a moment!)
I do not own and have not used the original version of the Spirit-Filled Life Bible so I am unable to do a side-by-side comparison between the two versions. However, when I compare the New Spirit-Filled Life Bible to other study Bibles I own, there is a lot I like about this Bible!
First, you will find all of the standard features you would expect to find in a traditional study Bible:
- A Full Color Presentation Page
- Overviews and Outlines of Each Book of the Bible
- Verse-By-Verse Notes at the Bottom of Each Page
- Articles On Relevant Bible Topics
- In-Text Maps and Charts
- Full Color Maps
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Words of Jesus in Red Lettering
- Blank Pages for Personal Note-Taking
- 9 Point Font
In addition, you will find some key features that are unique to the New Spirit-Filled Life Bible:
- Kingdom Dynamics: This in-text feature enables you to study 41 important Bible themes throughout the Bible by highlighting bible passages related to that theme so that you can study them in a “chain” fashion.
- Word Wealth: This feature provides in-text study of over 550 key Bible words by expanding on their meaning from the original language and tying it in with its Strong’s Concordance Number.
- Truth In Action: This feature is located at the end of each book of the Bible. Each Truth In Action chart highlights the key themes and passages in each book and helps you to apply the Bible truths to your life!
These tools make it easy and enjoyable to explore and study God’s word!
If you are a Pentecostal or Charismatic Christian, I’m sure you will find this an essential tool to add to your Bible study library!
Even if you come from a more fundamental or evangelical tradition, you will find that this Bible has much to offer, including solid study tools and a look at the Bible from a different perspective!
This study Bible definitely deserves a home in your library!
More Great Resources
If this book interests you, here’s a few more books you may also enjoy:
- The Woman’s Study Bible, NIV
- Deeper Into The Word by Kerry Wyatt Kent
- Ephesians by Sue Edwards
- Revelation by Sue Edwards
- Revealing Jesus – A 365 Day Devotional by Darlene Zschesch
For more great books, visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson to review. I was not compensated or required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!