Beat The Heat Read-A-Thon – Overview
Welcome to the Beat The Heat Read-A-Thon! This event, which is hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads and Phantasmic Reads, runs from July 29 through August 11, 2013! If you’d like to join me, be sure to sign up by August 5 and post your progress so you are eligible for the grand prize!
There will be three optional challenges during the Beat The Heat Read-A-Thon:
- Thursday, August 1 – Name That Cover
- Monday, August 5 – The Matching Game
- Thursday, August 8 – Who’s That Author
I’ll be posting my updates on this post, so stay tuned for my progress!
Beat The Heat Read-A-Thon – Reading Goals
I plan on reading the following books during this event:
- Ragged Hope by Cynthia Ruchti
- Freedom Road by TM Souders
- Finding The Good In Grief by John F. Baggett
- The Letters by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- The Original! Chicken Soup For The Soul 20th Anniversary Edition – with GIVEAWAY
- The Wanderer by Robyn Carr
- The What If Book Of Questions by Miggs Burrough
- Death Be Not Proud by C.E. Dunn
I’ll update the list as needed throughout the event!
I invite you to follow my blog and to connect with me on GoodReads for the reviews!
Beat The Heat Read-A-Thon – Accomplishments
I completed reading 7 of the 8 books on my list during this event (linked above). I am currently reading Death Be Not Proud and will review the book the week of August 11, 2013.
In addition, I read and reviewed the following books during this event:
- Harriet Beamer Strikes Gold by Joyce Magnin
- The Perpetual Papers Of The Pack Of Pets by Stanley & Katrina (with GIVEAWAY)
Stay In Touch!
Are you participating in this event? Which books sound most interesting to you? Please leave a comment and let me know!
To chat with me live, please follow @CreateWithJoy1 on Twitter – the event hashtag is #BTHReadathon!
I’d also love to connect with you on GoodReads or through any of the options on my sidebar!
Beat The Heat – enjoy the Read-A-Thon!