Welcome To Wordless Wednesday At Create With Joy!
Quote Of The Day
I must be ze Cat’s Whiskers!
Fun Facts About Cat Whiskers
Did you know that a cat’s whiskers do more than add to their beauty? That’s right – a cat’s whiskers are part of their built-in navigation system that help them to sense the subtlest changes in their environment!
Here are a few fun facts about cat whiskers you might enjoy:
- Cat whiskers are located in several places on a cat’s body, including the “whisker pad” of their cheeks, the corner of their mouths, the outer corner of their nose, their chin, their eyebrows – and even the back of their front legs!
- Cat whiskers are so sensitive, they can detect the slightest air movement and even odors! Cats use their whiskers to determine where items in their environment are located and to assess whether they can squeeze through openings. You should never cut a cat’s whiskers as this can cause them much disorientation and distress.
- Every cat’s whisker pattern is unique – just like human finger prints!
- You can often gauge a cat’s mood by watching his whiskers. An angry or defensive cat will pull his whiskers back. A happy, curious, or content cat will relax his whiskers and push them forward.
- Members of one cat breed – the Sphinx – have few if any whiskers!
- To “be the cat’s whiskers” is a British idiom that means “to be better than everyone else”.
Hope you enjoyed these facts – and hope you enjoyed today’s photo of our beautiful model, Mister Whiskers – better known as Legend to you!
Wordless Wednesday – Week of August 21, 2013
Happy Wordless Wednesday, dear friends! It’s time to share your favorite family-friendly photos – with or without words – at the friendliest party in town!
To participate, please link directly to your Wordless Wednesday post – leave a comment – then visit your fellow photography buffs! You’ll make some wonderful friends and see some fabulous photographers along the way!
Please spread the word about this party by displaying our beautiful Wordless Wednesday button and linking back to this post (the code is on my sidebar!) It would also be great if you could use the social media buttons below the post to spread the word!
Enjoy the party and have a fabulous week!
Join Us For
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!