10 Great Dates – Book Review
When was the last time you and your husband set aside quality time – with no kids, no telephone interruptions, no discussions about household or external obligations of any kind – to just reconnect with one another on a deep, spiritual level?
Chances are, it’s been awhile or – even if you’ve tried – the experience may not have gone as smoothly as one would hope.
If you could use a little help in this arena (and based on my experience – who couldn’t?) – I have a wonderful resource to share with you!
10 Great Dates – Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage is one of several books in the 10 Great Dates book series that were written by two couples – Peter & Heather Larson and David & Claudia Arp – to help married couples grow in their love and commitment to one another. Over the years, they’ve discovered, both through personal experience and from many years of working with other married couples, that as much as couples desire to have a deep spiritual connection with one another – the process of developing that connection often eludes them.
So – they’ve decided to play the role of our dating coaches, and have developed a series of books for couples in all stages of life – married without children, married with children, empty nesters – to help them strengthen their relationships and re-ignite the passion that once drew them together.
10 Great Dates – Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage provides couples with 10 weeks of great dates – complete with structured materials and a complete dating plan – to take the guesswork out of the process so that you as a couple can focus on personal growth, spiritual development, and good, clean, old-fashioned fun!
Here’s how it works:
- First, the two of you will sign a commitment that you will go on 10 great dates together using this book as the framework, and will schedule your dates on your calendar.
- Each week, each couple will read a chapter from the book that corresponds with their date topic for the week. Sample topics include Appreciating Your Differences, Facing The Storms Of Life Together, and Making Your Marriage A Lighthouse.
- At the end of the book, you will find 2 copies of an exercise that each person completes prior to the date. During the date, you will use this exercise as the discussion point to build your spiritual connection.
10 Great Dates has great value to any couple, no matter how long they have been married or how well they know one another. This would be a great gift to give a newlywed couple or a couple celebrating an anniversary.
I shared this book with my husband and we are looking forward to planning 10 Great Dates together!
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
About The Authors
10 Great Dates – Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage is co-authored by Peter & Heather Larson and David & Claudia Arp. You can learn more about the authors by visiting Bethany House.
For More Information:
- Visit the 10 Great Dates Blog.
- Read an Excerpt from 10 Great Dates.
- 10 Great Dates is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Bethany House for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!