The Modern Life Study Bible – Book Review
If you have been waiting for a Full-Color New King James Version (NKJV) Study Bible that will encourage you to dig deep into God’s Word and help you to understand how relevant the Bible is to your life, the wait is over.
On January 21, 2014, Thomas Nelson is releasing The Modern Life Study Bible – God’s Word For Our World in the NKJV translation. This resource is definitely worth adding to your library!
According to the Editorial Team:
THE MODERN LIFE STUDY BIBLE was created to explore what the believer’s role in the world is, and how the Word in one life can touch the lives of others. Jesus said, “By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples” (John 15:8). The resources contained herein offer context to the biblical narrative which in turn will help to place the teachings of Scripture in a fuller context for life today. Our world summons us to act, give, and connect. God’s Word empowers us to answer the call.
From the moment that I opened this Bible and started reading the Foreword, there were several things I immediately noticed and loved about The Modern Life Study Bible:
- The first thing I like about this Bible is its accessibility to its readers. I found the study and supplemental material extremely inviting and encompassing to readers of all backgrounds. Every Study Bible has a particular focus. The Modern Life Study Bible focuses on helping readers to connect with the people in the Bible and understand that their stories are our stories, told in a different time, place and culture.
- The second thing I like about The Modern Life Study Bible is the study resources themselves. They were so interesting and informative! This is the type of Study Bible that truly encourages you to toss aside your reading schedules and sit down – digest the Bible as God’s Holy Spirit leads – and take the time to explore the side notes and learn more about the people, the culture, and the other enriching background material that is provided.
Here’s a sample of the features you’ll find in The Modern Life Study Bible:
- More than 2,400 concise articles and book introductions.
- More than 220 full-color maps.
- Hundreds of diagrams, tables, and illustrations.
- 66 inspirational biographies.
- Indexes to aid navigation and study.
I like the colorful graphic design and the choice of the New King James Version translation for this Bible (my favorite). My one wish is that the print in the Bible was larger. If you have trouble reading standard-size Bible fonts, you will need to pull out your reading glasses for certain when reading this Bible!
Regardless, the Modern Life Study Bible is a winner. I highly recommend this Bible and rate it 5 out of 5 stars!
The Modern Life Study Bible – Book Trailer
Watch this short video to learn more about the The Modern Life Study Bible!
For More Information:
For More Great Books:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!