Wordless Wednesday – First Glance

Quote Of The Day
What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Charles Dickens

Photo 1 – First Glance
What Tsunami’s Thinking:

Dear Santa,
I don’t know what Mom and Dad wanted for Christmas –
But a baby brother definitely wasn’t on my wish list!
Can you bring me a jar of premium catnip instead?

Tsunami Meets Magellan
Sorry, Tsunami – this gift’s a keeper!

Photo 2 – Meet Magellan!

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Magellan –
Our new Maine Coon kitten and Tsunami’s half-brother –
Shown here on the night of his arrival at 11 ½ weeks!

Have a fabulous week and I look forward to sharing
More updates in the weeks to come!

Meet Magellan

Wordless Wednesday – Week of January 7, 2014

E-Mail, RSSBlog LovinFacebook, Google Plus, TwitterPinterest

Grow Your Blog With

Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

41 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – First Glance”

1. Christine M. (Cool Mom)
    Twitter: StanleyNKatrina

He is adorable!

2. Thank you for hosting the blog hop! We always look forward to stopping by your blog. Oh, and the cat is so cute!

3. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! Magellan is so cute, had to laugh at the way Tsunami is looking at him :-)

Have a purrrfect week ahead :-)

Isn’t that funny? I wish I could have gotten Tsunami’s expression full-on but this was there first meeting and I didn’t want to disturb them.
      I was tempted to entitle this photo Bambi meets Godzilla (or vice versa) as the size difference is so striking!

4. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

So cute! Its fluffy fur is bigger than the actual kitten. What does his name mean? Blessings!

Hi Christina,

My husband wanted to name him Typhoon (to go along with Tsunami) but – as apt as that description might be some days – I put my foot down and said no, for fear it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Instead, I opted to name him Magellan because he is a mighty explorer. (I also put forth Romeo and Amore because he is such a sweetheart, but my husband could not see himself saying “Romeo, Romeo, wherefort art thou Romeo” to the cat!

Tsunami and Magellan are truly half brothers – they both have the same father!

5. Penni says:

Wow OMGoodness – what amazing news. He’s gorgeous. How are the three of them getting on? I can’t wait to hear all about him.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

I am SO excited to share the news of Magellan’s arrival with everyone! Everyone is now getting along fine (although it was touch and go there for a few days). I look forward to sharing more stories about Magellan in the weeks to come! :-)

6. Marjorie R. says:

Love the pictures, what a beautiful kitty.

7. Bethany says:

Love that quote and *squee!!* is Magellan ever a cutie. Can’t wait for more!

8. Sparkle
    Twitter: sparklecat

What a cutie! I hear that when my roommate Binga first came home, she too could fit inside the cardboard incline scratcher the humans had!

I believe Tsunami could do so as well!
      Legend was older when he arrived so he was too large to squeeze in (though, of course, that never stopped him from trying…)

9. Beth F
    Twitter: BethFishReads

Too cute!!

10. I’m more of a dog person, but being from Maine, I can appreciate a cute coon cat! Happy WW.

11. paula schuck says:

Well so now I think I would love a Maine coon. They are so sweet!! That baby is just a darling and great names too. I wonder how Tsunami is getting along with your baby now. Magellan. The explorer. I like that!

When Tsunami first met Legend, it wasn’t pretty. He stalked him for two full weeks and hissed at him where-ever he went!

This introduction went SO much better! There was no hissing or acting out. If anything, Tsunami was probably stunned – like what is THAT?
      Do my eyes deceive me? What have you gone and done? (For the record, Magellan was my Christmas gift from my husband, so technically, I am innocent in all of this – though that is NOT the way Tsunami sees it!)

For the first few days they were relatively fine. Then, Tsunami went through a few days of upset and depression. Magellan wants only to be his friend and to play (but Tsunami is rather chill and Magellan is SO full of energy and life!) For awhile Tsunami was avoiding him – now, he tolerates him in small doses and I have witnessed moments of affection between them – I think they will be great friends, especially as Magellan calms down and stops stalking him (in play) 24/7!

12. Awww!! I’m in love! Give little Magellan hugs and kisses from me! And I know that Tsunami and Legend probably are not thrilled at the moment, but given time, I am sure it will be one happy Maine Coon family!!

Thanks Deb! Magellan is a little love!

For the most part, everyone has done better than expected – but Magellan is so over the top with new kitten energy (like Kizmet was upon his arrival) that his exuberance can be a little much to handle at times!

Magellan might be a little tyke (in Maine Coon land, of course, we use that phrase rather figuratively) – but, of course, he things he is a mighty lion and king of the jungle! He believes he is a BIG BOY CAT and capable of everything the big cats are!

Since the big cats have big cat food – he doesn’t want to eat his kitten food.
      Since the big cats use a big litter box – he doesn’t want to use his kitten box.

He jumps on Tsunami’s back, grabs his neck like a sumo wrestler, and puts him in a chokehold to wash him!

Tsunami. The calm one. You can imagine how well THAT is going over!

Anyway, more stories to come – in the meantime, I am enjoying every moment of his precious kittenhood!

13. Laura says:

Congratulations! BEST gift ever!

14. Crys Wiltshire
    Twitter: CrysWiltshire

Awww! So cute! Congrats on the new addition.

15. Rosey says:

Aww, very sweet!!

16. Nan G says:

We love Magellan! So adorable! Hugs from Nan and the Girls

17. Ruchira says:

look at those eyes :)

great clicks.
    happy to link up with you!

18. Nikki says:

Oh my goodness, what a pretty fluffy kitty! It must be cat day on WW, I have one of my cat too, lol!

19. Magellan – you are too sweet for words… What a coincidence – I’ve just written a blog post about Maine Coon’s this week too: http://pawesomecats.com/2014/01/07/cat-breed-profile-maine-coon/

Thank you for sharing your FABULOUS breed profile with us – you did a magnificent job of capturing the essence of the Gentle Giant, the Maine Coon!

I will be sharing your article with my readers!

20. Absolutely beautiful little kitty! You have been truly blessed. I’m sure his big brother will get used to the idea soon. It takes everyone a little time to adjust to new family members.