The Thief by Stephanie Landsem – Book Review
Have you ever:
- Done something you knew was wrong but didn’t know how to stop?
- Told a lie that spiraled so far out of control, you couldn’t retract it?
- Been so caught up in the events of your past, you couldn’t move forward in life?
- Been so blind, you couldn’t see what was going on around you – even when someone opened your eyes?
- Found yourself in such dire straits, you felt that not even God could save you?
If so, you need to read The Thief by Stephanie Landsem.
The Thief is a historical biblical novel that explores several evocative questions:
- What happens when people trapped in hopeless circumstances encounter Jesus?
- How do they respond to His message and miracles?
- Does an encounter with Jesus change lives for better or for worse?
The answers to these questions are found in the interwoven tales of some of the motliest biblical characters you’ll ever meet:
- A petty thief…
- An uncomely, sharp-tongued woman…
- A blind man…
- A Roman centurion….
Writing from the depths of her sanctified imagination, Stephanie has created one of the most exciting biblical novels you’ll ever read. Everyone has secrets… no one is who they seem to be…
The Thief is a compelling book that draws you in from the first page and keeps you hanging by the edge of your seat until the climactic ending. You’ll be amazed at how many twists and turns Stephanie weaves into such a familiar story and well-researched book.
Stephanie deserves Five out of Five Stars for her sophomore novel, The Thief.
I highly recommend this book to fans of historical and biblical fiction, and have placed her on my “must read” list of authors!
About Stephanie Landsem
Stephanie Landsem loves adventure in far-off times and places. In real life, she’s explored ancient ruins, medieval castles, and majestic cathedrals around the world. Stephanie is equally happy at home in Minnesota with her husband, four children, and three fat cats. When she’s not writing, she’s feeding the ravenous horde, avoiding housework, and dreaming about her next adventure—whether it be in person or on the page.
For More Information:
- Visit Stephanie’s Website.
- Visit The Thief Blog Tour Page.
- Connect with Stephanie on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Thief is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books:
The Thief – Blog Tour Giveaway
To celebrate the release of her new book The Thief – the second book in The Living Water Series – author Stephanie Landsem is hosting a Kindle Fire HDX and book giveaway on her website! Click the button for details on how to enter the giveaway.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!