Wordless Wednesday – Cats & Keyboards

Expressive Magellan - 1

Photos Of The Week
Expressive Magellan

Quote Of The Week

A catless writer is almost inconceivable.
It’s a perverse taste, really,
Since it would be easier to write with a
Herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat:
They make nests in the notes and
Bite at the end of the pen and
Walk on the typewriter keys.
Barbara Holland

Wordless Wednesday – Expressive Magellan

Hello cool cats – this is Magellan!
Today I am about to share one of my favorite tips with you:
How to get your humans off of their computers so they can
Spend more time playing with you!

Step 1: Sneak up on your humans so that you have the
Element of surprise on your side.

Step 2: When your humans lay out their work materials –
Spread your body all over the materials!

In the photo, I am demonstrating this technique by
Waiting for my Mom to pull out her keyboard tray.
When she does, notice how I appear out of nowhere –
Then, take a long leisurely stretch across her work space!

Step 3: Make sure that your actions appear to be innocent.
I like to stretch nonchalantly like I’m looking for a place to nap.
My stretch isn’t just for comfort though.
It’s a strategic move designed to push that keyboard and mouse
Well out of my human’s reach!

Step 4: Now, this is really important!
When your human leans over to pet you and to
Coax you out of your spot so they can continue to work –
Give them your most charming, wide-eyed stare –
Followed up by a well-timed meow that says,
“It’s fun time! Play with me now!”

Do NOT break eye contact!
Chances are good you can guilt them into
Succumbing to your wishes here and now!

Expressive Magellan - 2

Of course – there will be times when
More extreme measures are needed.

Step 5: If your human is feeling particularly focused –
Then bunker down – hang on to the sides of the tray –
And put on your saddest, most guilt-inducing face!

Your Assignment:

Now it’s your turn, cool cats and dapper doggies!
What tips and tricks do you have for distracting your
Pet parents from things they think they should be doing
When really, they should be spending more time with you?

Share your tips and stories and together –
Let us count the ways we can amuse our pet parents with our antics!

If Your Humans Still Can’t Take A Hint –
Use The Ingenious Method Employed By This Kitten!

Wordless Wednesday – Week of August 12, 2014

E-Mail, RSS, Blog LovinFacebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest

Join Us This Thursday For

Grow Your Blog With

Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

40 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Cats & Keyboards”

1. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! It’s funny how they like to sit on them, you never know he might be saying in his mind “You ain’t using this again today I’m sick of it” LOL

Have a typetastic week 😉

2. Rhonda Albom says:

Those yellow eyes are amazing. Thanks for the linky.

3. Jay @craftyspices
    Twitter: CraftySpices

I think we all need a kitten like this one ones in a while. It’s like we can’t stop, not sure how I would handle it.
    Have a nice day!!

4. Good tips Magellan thank you very much I will tell this to my son as I dont have a cat at the moment. Hopefully he wont lie down on my laptop =) #ww

5. Christina Morley
    Twitter: tinarobmorley

That is so funny! Our cat, Prince, always seems to be waiting for one of us to leave the office chair (the one in today’s photo) and promptly goes to sleep there. Sometimes we take the laptop out of the office just so that he can sleep in peace. 🙂

6. I have to admit it would be hard for me to resist playing with the kitty, it would be a lot more fun than working!

7. Michelle says:

One of our cats love to sleep with us.
    If we’re not in the bed he’ll walk up and down the hall to get our attention.
    Trying to coax us to bed, even if it’s morning and breakfast time.

8. that’s a good trick, Magellan. My pets would do that to the newspaper before I got a computer.

9. Ai Sakura
    Twitter: Aisakuraharuka

haha fantastic tips Magellan! 😉

10. Emma says:

What is it with cats and technology?? My cat Bertie is at his happiest when he is relaxing on something technical – a phone, a tv remote, a game controller etc!

Have a great week! 🙂

Emma

11. Linda Arthur Tejera says:

I have seven cats and I just have to sometimes lay down the law to get anything done! Magellan is gorgeous! And that video just made me laugh out loud! 🙂

12. XmasDolly
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

I don’t have a kitty, but it’s okay I can come over here and play with yours, and watch her/him. hehehe We have a black lab and Baby (that’s her name) is about as silly as a cat at times too. Thanks for sharing. HUGS

13. meowmeowmans says:

Great tips, Magellan! We are TOTALLY going to try these. 🙂

Thanks for hosting Wordless Wednesday, dear pals!

14. Mary Denman says:

One of our cats likes to sit on our laptops when they’re closed. I guess she plans on getting our attention when we try to pick them up!

15. MyDogLikes says:

Funny tips! My cat brothers seem to pull many of these!!

16. A Quiet Corner
    Twitter: IamjpJP

That guy makes me smile as soon as I see a pic!!!!…:)JP

17. I loved that video! Why do cats do this? Cats are the silliest things ever! Thanks for the smiles and hosting the WW linky party!

18. My cats used to always do that!

19. Kitties Blue says:

No truer words…Absolutely loved the video. That kitten was so oblivious! Both Lily and Astrid like to sit in my lap and type. Their spelling misery inventive. I have had some of the kitties do like that kitten, but they will actually lie across my arms just below the elbow. Hugs, Janet and XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

20. Isabel says:

Love cats, and yours is a beauty. Happy WW!

21. Star Traci
    Twitter: TracisStar

I’m afraid that my dachshund read those instructions as she does the very same thing!
    🙂
    Traci

22. Emilie says:

LOL That’s way too funny.

Since our cats aren’t allowed on my desk or sewing cabinet when I’m working on something (too many tempting sharp pointies for them to hurt themselves with in play), they’ve taken to jumping onto my lap and attempting to lie on my arms instead.

23. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly
    Twitter: Tracy_Iglesias

Magellan is one cool cat! I say in the next election Magellan for President! Hope the week is treating everyone well!

Thanks for the linky, I linked up! 🙂

24. Carma Poodale
    Twitter: carmapoodale

Ma cleaned her keyboard the other day and there was enough hair to make a kitten!
    Wednesdays wags

25. My daughter’s cat does the same thing, and now she’s just got my piano, Ravioli loves to jump on the keyboard of that too. 🙂

26. Camille says:

Hah! Adorable post. My doggies all lick my legs and feet until I pay attention them. They are weirdos!

27. Those have got to be foolproof methods of getting your humans attention. BOL! Around here there are a few methods used by us canids though Kronos is the designated master distractor. As soon as mom sits down on the computer he looks at her and whines. Then he tries to grab a pillow to play with or he’ll go grab an appropriate toy and bring it to her. In between that he pauses and glances at mom to see if she’s looking. Terra will roll on her back, grumble, groan, and then bark to get attention-she also freezes and checks to see if mom is paying attention! If that doesn’t work, both nonchalantly push their muzzles in between the computer and mom’s hands to get attention. Bella is the polite girl though and she waits patiently until it’s designated walk and play time.

28. Heather says:

Thanks for the link up. 🙂 Your cat’s yellow eyes are intense.

29. Aw, that’s such a fun post – thanks for the good laugh! 🙂
    Happy Wordless Wednesday!

30. Amanda says:

My dogs do this too when sit on the couch with my lap top. They always make it known when I’m not paying enough attention to them 😛

31. Great instructions Magellan – our kitties are on to it!

32. Echo says:

Cats are so much fun!

33. Michal says:

Funny and at the same time kinda disturbing cat lol

34. Cats and keyboards! I know!! I have 3 kitties, and each one of them likes to take a turn jumping up on the laptop!
    Thanks for linking up with us!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

1. […] Spices: Wordless Wednesday * Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays *Create with Joy: Wordless Wednesday *Our Table For Seven: Share Your Stuff  *Mrs New Adventures: Tasty […]

2. […] enterprising Maine Coons are up to this week, don’t miss Cats & Keyboards at this week’s Wordless Wednesday […]