Today I created a sympathy card. Its design was influenced by the anniversary of 9/11.
This card is intentionally simple and understated.
The monochromatic battle fatigue greens convey the somberness of the occasion – keep the focus on the sentiment – and pay tribute to the men and women who have given their lives to defend our freedoms.
The paper tearing technique reminds us of the lives that are torn apart when we lose someone we love. And the stitching symbolizes our need to mend our lives and carry on, even in the midst of loss.
I’ve also been spending more time in the kitchen as of late – even though we’ve been in the midst of a heat wave! If you are experiencing hot temperatures where you live and would love a cool and delicious treat, why not whip up a batch of Healthy Homemade Popsicles? There are three delicious recipes to choose from!
Magellan is a happy cat these days – and so is Tsunani! To find out what’s making my boys so chill, stop by, check out the photos and get the scoop at this week’s Wordless Wednesday Party!
Now, here are some suggestions to keep your creative juices flowing all week!
- Visit a few Art Challenges and see which ones tickle your muse!
- Visit our crafty friends at WOYWW to see what’s on everyone’s desk this week!
- Stop by Inspire Me Monday to link up your latest creative project!
- Join us for Friendship Friday and share your weekend creations!
Have a wonderful week and I look forward to connecting with you!
Creative Art Challenges
Looking for a place to stretch your imagination? Check out this week’s Creative Art Challenges – newly sorted by category!
Color Challenges (Monochromatic)
Design Challenges (Clean And Simple)
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge Blog #35 – Clean And Simple
- Cards And More Challenge Blog 114 – Clean And Simple
- Clean And Simple On Sunday #41 – Black & White With One Color
- Fairytale Challenge 99 – Clean and Simple
Style Challenges (Masculine)
- Corrosive Challenge Blog #207 – Let’s Hear It For The Boys
- Crafty Catz Challenge 245 – One For The Boys
- Hobbcutz Challenge Blog #64 – For The Boys
Technique Challenges (Sewing & Stitching)
- Inky Chicks #37 – Stitching (Real or Faux)
- Oldie But A Goodie Challenge – Stitching
- Our Daily Bread Designs #213 – Stitch It
- Papertake Weekly – Repeat Repeat (Paper Tearing – Double Layered)
Be Creative – Anything Goes!
- 2 Cute Ink Challenges #114 – Anything Goes
- A Girl Who Crafts September Challenge – Anything Goes
- Bugaboo Stamps September Anything Goes Challenge
- Card & Scraps Flow Challenges #81 – Everything Is Allowed
- Crafting At The Weekend – Challenge 5 – Anything Goes
- Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party #39 – Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #9 – Make A Card
- Crafty Girls Challenge 26 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art September Challenge – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts September Challenge – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – September Challenge – Anything Goes
- Ladybug Crafts September Challenge – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #1 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #73 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft – September Anything Goes Challenge
- Suzy Bees Bloomin Challenge 45 – Anything Goes
- The Cheerful Stamp Pad #94 – Anything Goes
- The Crafty Blogger’s Network – September Challenge – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door Sept 9–15 – Anything Goes
- Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge #7 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 149 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!