Much Love Card

Much Love Card

What Did I Create This Week?

Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! February has arrived, which means it’s the season of Romance, Valentine’s and Love across the blogosphere and at Create With Joy!

I knew that the Challenge Blogs would be all a-flutter with creative challenges designed to make Cupid’s arrow soar – challenges inviting you to create projects in your prettiest pink and red papers – projects filled with hearts and sweet sentiments – challenges designed to spark love and romance – and I couldn’t wait to delve in!

I started by digging through the paper stash and fell in love with this happy, colorful and shabby textured paper from Sassafras’s Serendipidty line called Flying Dutchwoman.

Much Love Card - Supplies

Here are a few of the supplies I used to make this card. – including one of my favorite heart stamps, a few of my oldest inks and a never before used tool that I fell in love with – perfect for this week’s creative challenges!

Next I went digging through my stamps to find the perfect hearts and sentiments. I ended up incorporating 2 sets of stamps and coordinating inks from Close To My Heart.

I chose everything on this card – the stamps, the flowers, the grosgrain and patterned ribbons – and the distressing and sponging techniques – to play up the textured aspects of the patterned paper. I added black cardstock and ribbon to tone down the pattern a bit, and black brads and black and red gems for a little extra pop.

During the midst of this card-making session, Magellan – one of my crafty Maine Coon cats – came tearing across my workspace, eager to help out in any way he could.

Much Love - Magellan 1

Of course, Magellan was a tad more enthusiastic about playing with the ribbons – sampling the flowers – and gluing down embellishments than I would have liked – and not quite as helpful as he thought!

Thankfully , Tsunami is a more peaceful counterpart. To see what he’s up to, visit today’s Wordless Wednesday party!

Do you have a crafty companion by your side? Is he more like Magellan or Tsunami in your workspace?

Now it’s your turn to inspire us with your creativity! What’s inspiring you this week? What have you created? Be sure to share your latest creations with us at one of our weekly parties!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!

WOYWW Desk

Creative Art Challenges

Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)

Theme Challenges

Muse Card Club Photo

Pinspirational Challenge

The Pink Elephant Challenge

Shabby Tea Room 145 - I Heart You

Monday Mood Board 7

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

74 Responses to “Much Love Card”

1. Eliza says:

He is one handsome boy Magellan and what a great collection of goodies to play with you are going to get some wonderful Valentines creations from this lot. Happy WOYWW

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 21

2. Your kitty looks quite comfy on your desk…mine lies on a blankie next to me on the floor. He slides off my lap as my knees have to be below my hips and therefore my lap slants…#56

3. Sandy says:

I love your card! The layers and hearts are fabulous! Love your kitty too! Looks like a great helper. Ha, ha.

~Sandy
    I’d Love for you to Visit My Blog

One of Magellan’s favorite tricks is to come running with his toys right in the middle of my projects and to send everything scattering – you really have to craft with one eye watching for him!

You sort of expect this when they are little – but he’s now over a year with no signs of slowing down (and a lot more “hulk” to send the supplies flying!)

4. I love your card! Everything about it is well chosen and perfect for it with all the different patterns and textures. It is too much fun. Your furry helper, Magellan, is a sweetie. It is far more fun to chew on the ribbons and knock pieces of the card onto the floor than it is to glue them down nicely. Judy #79

Thanks Judy! Usually Magellan watches but today he was FASCINATED by everything I was doing – particularly the cutting out of those little stamped hearts! I took several shots of him and those photos may actually be the focus of next week’s Wordless Wednesday – so if they are, you gals have gotten a preview! 🙂

5. karin says:

it’s a beautiful card.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

6. Wendy Batchen says:

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

7. Wendy Batchen says:

Oops, sorry I meant Sisters of Craft l0l

8. Debbie B says:

Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin’, your card is so lovely. Debbiex

9. Lou Sims says:

Fantastic romantic card which fits in perfectly with the “Romance” theme over at We Do Doobadoo Challenges . Lou (DT)

10. nini says:

wow , like it
    Thanks for playing with digistamp4joy card Fanny (DS4J DT)

11. Nancy L. says:

Love your card! I really love the paper and flower! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week…please come back again soon!

12. Sarah T says:

What a beautiful card!! Looks like you had some help making it. =) Love the added black with all the red. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us over at the 2 Cute Ink Valentines/Love challenge. Good luck in all the challenges. I hope you will come back and share your creativity with us!
    Hugs, Sarah T

13. ~ginny says:

I’m pleased you shared this project with us at Aud Sentiments! I really like what you have done with the black and red in your design. The real and visual texture is very interesting – the distressed look and the newsprint hearts anchored with the black brads is a really nice touch!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#124 – Valentine/Love Sentiment]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

14. Ardyth says:

I love how you’ve taken inspiration from multiple sources to make this beautifully rich and meaningful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

15. Lillian A says:

Nice “love” card and perfect for our theme on Love To Scrap – thank you for entering.

16. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite books
    Twitter: RecentBooks

I love your Card! And, thanks for sharing all of the wonderful Challenges!

17. Your card is just darling and after scrolling down I am over whelmed with the many artful photos. I create cards but not with the many supplies and talents I have seen on your Blog.

I think I will make a Valentines card. You inspired me.
    xo
    Jeanne

18. Milka says:

Oh, I was here before. 😉 Again, gorgeous card. 😀
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. 😀
    Milka GDT

19. Love all your elements on your card, and thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Barbara

20. Tammy Lever says:

Beautiful card. I love those hearts! Thanks for playing in our Inspired by a Song challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

21. Marina says:

Love these bold shapes and patterns.Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday and at Inkspirational Marina DT

22. Shirl says:

Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Use Your Scraps. Your card is just stunning… any recipient would love to receive this! And your helpful kitty kat Magellan is equally as stunning 🙂

23. Love this card! Especially the flowers. I think I’m going to make my hubby a handmade card this year. Hopefully he will appreciate it!

24. Gorgeous card, those heart stamps are beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

25. Ooh gorgeous! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab ‘n’ Funky for our ‘Hearts & Flowers’ challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab ‘n’ Funky DT

26. chanya13 says:

Beautiful card!!! Love papers and image. Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!!!
    Agnieszka DT

27. Susan says:

A wonderful card for Valentines.Thank you for joining us for our Be My Valentine Challenge at The Paper Shelter wishing you good luck and would love to see you for our next challenge! Hugs Susan x

28. Beth F says:

Your card is so gorgeous! I am stopping by your blog from DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.
    GDT, Beth

29. Debbie says:

Great valentines card! Thanks for joining the Scribble and Scrap challenge.

30. nini says:

love it, it’s beautiful
    Thanks for playing with Not just card challenge blogFanny (NJC DT)

31. Such a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.

32. Helen says:

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire too,

Helen x

33. Lovely. Thanks for sharing on the Spring Craft Blog Hop.

34. Tracy says:

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

35. What a beautiful card I love the topper and the colours.
    I also think the design is wonderful. And thank you for joining us at Ooh-la-la challenge.

Debs DT Member.
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

36. Beverly says:

It’s true. You are an inspiration. Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Pink Saturday.♥

37. Fliss says:

Really beautiful card and thanks for joining in with our hearts and flowers challenge at MMM.
    Fliss DT x

38. sue t. says:

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month!

39. Brandi R says:

Great job, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

Brandi R
    H2H DT member
    crzy4scrapbooking

40. Alli D says:

Great card thank you for entering our ‘Love’ challenge at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

41. Gorgeous card! And love how your kitty was so willing to help out!!! 🙂

Thanks for joining us in our In the Pink challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

42. heidi says:

The card looks wonderful, and yes my cat Captain is always eager to help when it comes to ribbon.

43. This is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘VALENTINES/LOVE’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

44. Wendi R says:

what a fun card!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!!

45. Dionne says:

Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

46. Perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

47. Del says:

Lovely card. Love the heart embellishments. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a Stamp or Digi for February Challenge and Good Luck! xx

48. cohenna says:

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HOC 🙂

49. Gracious that’s a lot of challenges! You’re hardcore! Nice work. Thanks for inspiring us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

1. […] CTMH Much Love Stamp – which I also used in my Much Love Card! […]