What Did I Create This Week?
Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! February has arrived, which means it’s the season of Romance, Valentine’s and Love across the blogosphere and at Create With Joy!
I knew that the Challenge Blogs would be all a-flutter with creative challenges designed to make Cupid’s arrow soar – challenges inviting you to create projects in your prettiest pink and red papers – projects filled with hearts and sweet sentiments – challenges designed to spark love and romance – and I couldn’t wait to delve in!
I started by digging through the paper stash and fell in love with this happy, colorful and shabby textured paper from Sassafras’s Serendipidty line called Flying Dutchwoman.
Next I went digging through my stamps to find the perfect hearts and sentiments. I ended up incorporating 2 sets of stamps and coordinating inks from Close To My Heart.
I chose everything on this card – the stamps, the flowers, the grosgrain and patterned ribbons – and the distressing and sponging techniques – to play up the textured aspects of the patterned paper. I added black cardstock and ribbon to tone down the pattern a bit, and black brads and black and red gems for a little extra pop.
During the midst of this card-making session, Magellan – one of my crafty Maine Coon cats – came tearing across my workspace, eager to help out in any way he could.
Of course, Magellan was a tad more enthusiastic about playing with the ribbons – sampling the flowers – and gluing down embellishments than I would have liked – and not quite as helpful as he thought!
Thankfully , Tsunami is a more peaceful counterpart. To see what he’s up to, visit today’s Wordless Wednesday party!
Do you have a crafty companion by your side? Is he more like Magellan or Tsunami in your workspace?
Now it’s your turn to inspire us with your creativity! What’s inspiring you this week? What have you created? Be sure to share your latest creations with us at one of our weekly parties!
Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)
- 2 Cute Ink Challenges #122 – Valentines/Love
- Addicted To Stamps #97 – Lots Of Layers
- A Gem Of A Challenge #137 – Layers
- Allsorts Challenge #296 – Flower Power
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #124 – Valentine or Love Sentiment
- Bunny Zoe’s Crafts January Challenge – Hearts
- Cards In Envy – Hearts All A Flutter Challenge (Two Or More Hearts)
- Card Mania Challenges #65 – Add Some Red
- Come & Get It Challenges – Texture
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #296 – Valentine’s Day / Love
- Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party 48 – Red, White, Pink
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – Use A Stamp Or Digi For February
- Crafty Boots Challenges – Hearts & Valentines
- Crafty Calendar January Challenge – What’s New? (Paper/Flowers)
- Crafty Gals Challenge #5 – Pinkalicious
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – February 2015
- Crafty Sentiments – Include A Heart Challenge
- Cute Card Thursday #358 – Stamping Mad (Use A Stamp)
- D.L. Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #149 – Valentine’s Day (Alternative Thank You)
- Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge #5 – In The Pink Challenge
- Digi Stamps 4 Joy #109 – Valentine’s / Love
- Double Click Skittles – Use A Heart Challenge
- DRS Designs Challenge #159 – So Shapely (Flowers/Hearts)
- Easter Eggs & Spring Colors Linky Party
- Eureka Stamps Challenge #124 – Pink & Red
- Everybody Art Challenge 310 – Text As A Motif
- Fab ‘N Funky Challenges #245 – Hearts and/or Flowers
- Fantasy Stamper’s Challenge #29 – P.S. I Love You
- Fresh Brewed Designs Feb 4-10 Challenge – Pink, Hearts or a Valentine
- Great Impressions February Challenge – Love Love Love
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Love
- Heart 2 Heart Challenges – Home Is Where The Heart Is
- House Of Cards – Love Challenge
- Inky Impressions Challenges #195 – Red & White
- Inkspirational Challenges #75 – Rose Colors
- Jo’s Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday Challenge – Use A Tool You’ve Been Neglecting (CTMH Sponge Distressing Tool – shown in photo)
- Just Us Girls Challenge #278 – Wild Card Week – Make Sentiment The Focal Point
- Kitty Bee Designs – Aloha Friday Challenge #40 – Valentines & Love
- Laurel Craft Challenge #14 – Love Is In The Air
- Little Claire’s Designs Monthly Challenge 53 – Bright & Beautiful
- Little Miss Muffet Challenges #103 – All You Need Is Love
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog 47 – Love Is In The Air
- Make My Monday Blog Challenge – Hearts And Flowers
- MelonHeadz Friends – Hearts And Love Challenge
- Mema’s Crafts February Challenge 2015 – Celebrate Valentine’s Day or Use Red White + One Other Color
- Miriam’s Crafting Blog 21st Monthly Challenge – Romance
- Muse Challenge 103 – Photo Inspiration (Incorporated Colors – Circles – Squares – Hearts – Love)
- Natalie And Amy’s Challenge #29 – All About Love
- Naughty Or Nice Challenge #12 – Are You Feeling The Love?
- Ooh La La Creations #173 – Love
- Paper Creators Crafts Challenge 35 – Love Is In The Air
- Pink Saturday
- Pinspirational Challenge 133 – Photo (Used Pink, White Red & Hearts)
- Polka Doodle Week 5 – Flower Power Challenge
- QKR Stampede Challenge #124 – Hearts
- Shopping Our Stash #187 – Getting Inky (My Black & Pink CTMH Inks Are Among The 1st In My Collection!)
- Simply Create Too Challenge #78 – Happy Valentine’s Day (Or Use Hearts)
- Stamp & Create Challenge – All You Need Is Love
- Stampavie & More #230 – Lots Of Flowers
- Sweet 7 Designs Challenge Blog – Anything New (Flowers & Paper)
- Sweet Pea Stamps – February 2015 – One Sweet Challenge
- Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog – Love
- The Artistic Stamper – February’s Creative Challenge – Love
- The Crafting Café February Challenge – Your Favorite Technique (Distressing)
- The House That Stamps Built – WIW Color Challenge – Red, White & Pink
- The Paper Shelter #189 – Be My Valentine
- The Pink Elephant #TPE284 – Inspiration Photo (Circles, Pink/Red/White Colors)
- The Ribbon Girl – Romance Is In The Air
- The Shabby Tea Room #245 – I Heart You – Photo Inspiration (Colors – Hearts – Valentine’s Card)
- Time Out Challenges #23 – Valentine’s Day with Option Of Hearts
- Top Tip Tuesday – Favorite Color Combo (For Valentine’s Day – Red & Pink with Black & White Accents)
- Use Your Stuff Challenge #171 – Inspired By A Song (How Much Love – Leo Sayer)
- Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge – Antiqued
- V’s Sweet Ideas – Red, White or Pink VSC Challenge #31
- Wags N Whiskers #146 – Hearts
- We Do Doobado Challenge #2 – Romance
- Who Is Tracy – Monday Mood Board #7
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 7 Kids Challenge #118 – Anything Goes
- A Girl Who Crafts – Anything Goes (February)
- Brown Sugar Challenge #131 – Use 3 Different Embellishments (Flowers, Ribbons, Brads)
- Clear It Out – Anything Goes
- Crafting By Designs – February Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 45 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #247 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #65 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments Challenge #61 – Anything Goes / Love
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #61 – Photo Inspiration Challenge or Anything Goes
- Decorate To Celebrate #93 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Fairytale Challenge #110 – Something With A Heart
- Fun With Shapes And More #175 – Valentine
- Glitter & Sparkle Challenge Blog #122 – Anything Goes
- Hiding In My Craft Room #185 – Freestyle (Anything Goes)
- Imagination Crafts – February Anything Goes Challenge
- Inspiration Destination #19 – Anything Goes
- Jelly Park Friends February Challenges – Love Is In The Air
- Kraftin Kimmie – Wonderful Wednesday (Anything Goes!)
- Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges #137 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 2/2 to 2/14 – Anything Goes
- My Creative Moments Monday Morning Challenge #3 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #12 – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – Anything Goes (with Option To Use Book Print or NewsPrint)
- Party Time Tuesdays #195 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Scrappers Delights Challenge #40 – Almost Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 37 – Anything Goes
- Sentimental Sundays #244 – Wedding / Anniversary
- Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge
- Sister Act Card Challenge #91 – Anything Goes
- Sisters Of Craft February Challenge – Anything Goes
- Stamping Sensations February Challenge – Anything Goes
- That Craft Place – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Feb 3-9 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 169 – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!