Wordless Wednesday – Do You Cater To Your Cat?

Magellan On The Hearth

Quote Of The Week

No matter how important
Whatever it is you’re doing right now is…
It’s not more important than catering to your cat!

Do You Cater To Your Cat?

How many of you who are reading these words
Are owned by one or more cats?

How many of you who are reading these words
Believe that you – not the cats – run the household?

The truth of the matter is,
Some days, our role as humans is to serve as
Full time CATerers to our cats!

According to the Yahoo Dictionary,
A CATerer’s job is to:

Provide food and entertainment.
Be particularly attentive or solicitous;
Minister;
Provide food service for.

Does this description sound strikingly familiar?

The reason that most of us don’t see ourselves that way
Is that our cats are gracious enough to let us believe that
We are calling the shots when –
In reality –
They have mastered the art of charming us
With a well-placed glance and flick of a paw!

As you can see from today’s photo,
Magellan has mastered the art of manipulation…
All he has to do is stretch – roll – reach out – and
Give us “the look” – to have humans and felines alike
CATering to his every whim!

Do you CATer to your cats when they call?
When they look this adorable – do you mind?

Feel The Love

Wordless Wednesday – Week of March 24, 2015

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin,
Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest

Join Us On Instagram

Instagram Icon

Join Us This Thursday For

Sharing With

Sunday Selfies

Grow Your Blog With

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

61 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Do You Cater To Your Cat?”

1. Jay @craftyspices
    Twitter: CraftySpices

Well, since I don’t have a Cat I can’t really cater to him/her but I would complete the quote with catering to your little one. And I sure have 2 little girls that are my most important things in the world.
    Have a lovely rest of the week!!

Yes, if you don’t have a cat, you can definitely fill in the noun of your choice: kids, dogs, grandchildren – there are a lot of “caterers” out there! 🙂

Enjoy your week Jay!

2. I used to cater to my cat. I miss having one.

I hope you are able to cater to a new cat one day soon Patrick.
      In the meantime, since I always receive so many comments from readers who are also missing beloved cats,
      I shared a special video to provide a moment of vicarious kitty love and CATering – enjoy! 🙂

3. Lilly's Mom says:

Your kitty is adorable. I can see why your cats run the house. Just like my Lilly. She thinks she’s a real person and she has me believing her! Thanks for hosting such a great party.

4. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! I miss having one too they can be so loving and such good company I have had 3 over time 🙂

Have a felinetastic week 🙂

5. I look forward to cuddling with my cat at the end of every day – therapy for us both. Sweet post!
    Wishing you a beautiful day,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

6. No cats here to cater to, I’m highly allergic to their dander. My Mom has cats and she definitely caters to them. The whole family does. They are very good at looking adorable.

7. As they say – dogs have masters, cats have servants! Me? I prefer goldfish!

That’s funny Keith!
      I’ve also catered to goldfish, koi, marine fish, bunnies, turtles, birds and dogs…
      Cats are the most demanding – but also most rewarding – of clients! 🙂

8. When I had cats, I definitely catered to them! They were the bosses and we all knew it!

9. carolina says:

I catered my last cat josie… the new one?!?!?! I still miss my josie!

10. Abrianna says:

I love my cat and cater to him. My husband says the cat is happy because he has a servant:)

11. Mary Denman says:

Well, considering my LAPTOP is on the back of the sofa as I type this, and my lap is full of kitty right now, I’d say I’m CATering!! 🙂 And happily doing so!

Happy WW!

12. Ellen Pilch says:

I have 15 cats and I cater to their every whim. They are all indoors and spoiled – I wouldn’t want it any other way.

13. Nina says:

Sweet quotes and a Happy Cat 🙂
    Great Wordless Wednesday wishes,
    Nina

14. Alissa Apel
    Twitter: AlissaApel

I don’t cater to on because I don’t have one.

15. FABBY says:

Although I like cats, I still miss our pug Ben after four years.
    Thanks for the party.
    Have a nice week.
    FABBY

16. Ashleigh says:

Happy WW and thank you for hosting! Have wonderful week ahead! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

17. Dogs have a master; cats have staff! Thanks for hosting & God bless!

18. Indeed…we love our critters: 2 orphaned kittens we raised who are now 4, Maggie the Maine Coon, and Stella the Sheltie. We would do anything for them.
    Maggie was just diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/heartstrings.html
    We will do whatever she needs, just as we do for Chloe Jo and her autoimmune issues. It is all about them. That’s what love does.

Thank you for your update and for sharing your heartbreaking news yet beautiful post with us.
      Your comments about “heartstrings” is so right on.
      I am particularly sad to hear of Maggie;s diagnosis since I lost one of my Maine Coons – precious Adonis – to cariomyopathy.
      You and your furry family are in our prayers.

19. meowmeowmans says:

Oh yeah, we are definitely CATerers for our cats. 🙂

20. XmasDolly
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Love your kitty video. What a contented cat. Just too too cute. Thanks for sharing. Did you get hit with snow? We surely did. There was no visibility on the expressways and mega accidents and 2 hr. delay in traffic. Unreal… happy Spring???? hmmmm… Have a great day! HUGS Thanks for the linky.

21. MyDogLikes says:

Of course…we all cater to cats. They demand it! HA!

22. Gattina says:

My cats think that I am their slave !

23. Summer says:

I dunno – it’s pretty obvious around here that we kitties are in charge!

24. Aww man, a “cat”erer sums it up perfectly! Loving that cat is a full time job.

25. Star Traci
    Twitter: TracisStar

Haha! So true.

Of course, now that we are a dog family, I’ve learned that dogs own us in different ways. They have to be walked and can’t be left for a weekend getaway. Some days I really miss being a CATerer.

🙂
    Traci

26. Kiki says:

Well I admit I am a dog and I have never even seen a cat in real life since I am only 7 months old, however, my pet parent has pictures and talks about this cat she had for 13 years before I came along. So I guess they are ok.
    Kiki
    A Happy Havanese

Ah, Kiko, our sweet Havanese, just think how wise beyond your years you will be when you meet your first kitty –
      You will know the ins and outs of how to treat the cat (no barking – just pure admiration and worship!) 🙂

Have a lovely day!

27. If you don’t CATer to your cat why do you have a cat? My cats have CATering on demand.

28. I love the video. It reminds me of my dear Joey, who adored having his tummy rubbed. 🙂

29. I cater to all four of my cats — and all three dogs. Can’t imagine it any other way.
    –Wags and purrs from Life with Dogs and Cats

30. Kitties Blue says:

Magellan definitely has you wrapped around his paw, which is just as it should be. Our humans are our slaves, and we never let them forget it. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth ad Calista Jo

Which kitty among you is the most spoiled – and/or the most demanding?
      That’s what I’d like to know! 🙂

Have a lovely week (and I’m happy to hear that all is forgiven and Mom is “Mom” again!

31. Robin says:

Adorable video! My cats love to be petted like that too. The kitties definitely run my home. 🙂

32. Emilie says:

If you’re owned by cats, there’s little choice BUT to cater to them. Right now, our tabby is curled up in the cat bed I made by hand from upcycled bed sheets and our tux kitty has commandeered the blanket I used to keep over my legs. Our black cat is probably in HIS living room chair (no one else is allowed in it without his express permission).

How sweet of you to have made a handmade bed for your cats Emilie!
      Of course, my cats demand that I give up my bed for them (and if I have CATered to them properly throughout the day, they allow me a corner to sleep in!)

33. Paula schuck says:

Hello! I don’t have a CAt anymore. But when we had cats for sure I catered to them.

34. That’s the trouble with cats.

35. Miss Elvira and Miss Sneakers
    Twitter: KGkundurazieff

With a bachelor human our female touch is very much needed around our apartment.

When I, Elvira, was outnumbered by Daddy & Mr. Nikita, it was a bit more of a compromise. 😀

36. heidi says:

I believe my cats refer to my as the help.

37. Alexandra says:

I suppose I do CATer to my cat, Shiloh – hehe! Never though of it that way, but I have always said that the cat chooses the owner, you don’t choose it.

38. OoooooH don’t cats look wonderful in Spring time *happy smile *

39. Michelle Miller
    Twitter: truebookaddict

Cats are master manipulators just due to their sheer cuteness. I can be manipulated by a cat I see in someone’s yard I’m driving past. 😀

1. […] Linked with: Create With Joy’s Wordless Wednesday […]

2. […] Wordless Wednesday (create-with-joy.com) […]

3. […] week at Wordless Wednesday, I ask – in all seriousness – Do You Cater To Your Cat? Stop by – examine the issue – and […]