WOYWW 306: What’s On My Work Desk This Week?
When it comes to crafting, are there any special skills you’d like to develop or strengthen or any techniques you’d like to master?
After much thought, I decided I to stretch my boundaries by creating a Clean and Simple Card whose focal point was on a colored stamped image.
I began with a Kraft card base as the backdrop to spotlight the stamped image.
For my image, I chose the stunning Clear Woman Silhouette stamp I recently won from Noor Design for my First Signs Of Spring Card! The beautiful butterflies and flowers surrounding the woman provide an ethereal aura that’s perfect for feminine, nature, floral, fantasy and spring-themed cards!
I stamped the image with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink on Papertrey Paper Basics Cardstock – then the fun began!
I recently purchased my first set of Copic Markers – the Copic Sketch Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Markers (36 Colors) that combines both the fine point and the brush tips – and colored with them for the very first time on this project!
I used 12 markers from my new Copic set to color this image:
- E000 – Pale Fresh Pink
- E50 – Egg Shell
- G43 – Pistachio
- G46 – MistleToe
- RV00 – WaterLily
- RV25 – Grayish Violet
- RV56 – Holly Hock
- R81 – Rose Pink
- V01 – Heath
- BV1 – Soft Violet
- BG81 – Aqua Blue
- B91- Pale Grayish Blue
I also used two ProMarkers – Black and Lemon – to complete my artwork! I love how beautifully the markers blend together and look forward to building my collection!
Next, I cut out my image, applied a strip of beautiful Heidi Swap Shabby Washi Tape as a border to further highlight the image (Pile It On Challenge) and adorned our lovely lady in gems and flowers.
Finally, I chose an inspiring sentiment – Be Strong & Believe – from Unity Stamp Company Day Made stamp set to round out the design.
Even though my normal tendency when creating is to layer things on – I’m a fan of collage and similar styles – I must confess, I really love how this card turned out, and look forward to stretching my boundaries and creating more clean and simple designs like this in the future!
Not it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
What are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
Usually when you visit my home you see Magellan or Tsunami – but it’s rare that you spot the two of them together!
This week, I invite you to join us for a rare sighting of Magellan and Tsunami together at this week’s Wordless Wednesday Party – Today There Are Two – where there’s plenty of room to share your favorite photos as well!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- A Gem Of A Challenge #142 – Spring Is In The Air
- Aloha Friday Challenge #45 – Fairytale/Fantasy
- Blessings Ink – Amusing Challenge – Butterflies
- Card & Scrap #94 – Spring & Easter Colors
- Card Mania Challenges #67 – Flowers
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Make A Card For April
- City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #257 – CCCB Anniversary CASE 2 (Flowers, Vines, Leaves)
- Crafty Calendar April Challenge – Add A Sentiment
- Crafty Gals #15 – Vintage
- Crafting With An Attitude #2 – Freestyle/Fantasy
- Deep Ocean Challenge #101 – Things With Wings
- Digi Sketch Challenge – F Is For Flowers
- Dragon Fly Dreams Challenge #1 – Let’s See Spring
- Eclectic Ellapu – April Showers / Spring (April Purple Team) (Spring)
- Eclectic Ellapu – Out Of Your Comfort Zone (April Pink Team) (CAS & Coloring)
- Fairy Tale Stamper #54 – Favorite Stamp
- Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog #34 – Clean And Simple
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – Spring Flowers
- Glitter N Sparkle Challenge Blog #132 – Include A Butterfly
- Graphit It #15 Color Challenge – Flower Power
- House Of Cards April Challenge – Add A Butterfly
- Ike’s World Challenges #35– Things With Wings
- Inky Impressions Challenges #205 – Kraft It
- Krafty Hands April Challenge – Nature’s Work
- Jo’s Fun Day Friday Challenge #83 – Florals & Butterflies
- Let’s Craft & Create Challenge 100 – Seasonal Flowers
- Lil Red Wagon #284 – Spring Is In The Air
- Little Claire Monthly Challenge 56 – Use Kraft
- My Creative Moments – Monday Morning Challenge #5 – Colorful Creations
- Moo Mania – Feelings Of Spring
- Our Creative Corner – Color Your World
- Paper Creators #37 – Flowers
- Path Of Positivity Challenge #25 – Growth
- Penny’s Challenge #223 – One For The Girls
- Pile It On – Fancy Frames and/or Beautiful Borders (Washi Tape Border)
- Pink Saturday
- Polkadoodle #15 – Pink And Pretty
- Red Rubber Inspirationals #215 – Spring Flowers
- Shopping Our Stash #197 – Lost & Found (Heidi Swapp Tape)
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – In The Middle (Focal Point – Image In Middle Of Card)
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – April Showers And/Or Spring Flowers
- Stampavie & More #235 – Favorite Colors Pinks & Blues)
- Stamping Sensations April Challenge – Pretty In Pink
- Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog #217 – Pink
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog #222 – Floral Fantasy
- The Crafting Cafe – April Challenge – Flights Of Fancy (Butterfly)
- The Crazy Challenge – Springtime
- The Paper Girls Challenge #77 – Pastel EGGstravaganza
- The Pink Elephant TPE294 – Inspiration Challenge (Flowers / Soft Colors)
- The Stamping Boutique – Spring
- Top Tip Tuesday – Three Of Something (Three Skittles)
- Tuesday Throwdown #240 – All Clear (Clear Stamp & Skittles)
- Use Your Stuff – Spring Is Sprung BlogHop
- Whoopsi Daisy – Throw On The Flowers Challenge
- Vintage Stamping Challenge #29 – Bring On Those Spring Colors
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #119
- Artistic Inspirations #129 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of SpringFlowers
- Crafting By Designs – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 55 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments – Anything Goes Challenge
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #257 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #75 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #66 – Anything Goes / Spring or Easter
- Crop Stop Linky Party 3
- Cute As A Button #8 – Anything Goes
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #71 – Anything Goes
- DL Art – April Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #29 – Anything Goes
- Little Miss Muppet Challenge #109 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations Challenge – 4/1 – 4/15
- Noor Design Challenge #5 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #17 – Anything Goes
- One Crazy Stamper – April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays #197 – Anything Goes
- Pinspirational Challenge #138 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 42 – Anything Goes
- Simply Paper Craft Challenge 2 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act – Challenge 101
- Stamp And Create April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sugar And Betty’s Challenge Blog – Anything Goes Or Layers
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge #4 – Anything Goes
- The Sisters Of Craft – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Suzy Bee’s Bloomin Challenge #75 – Anything Goes With A Twist – Add Some Spring Flowers
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week Of April 14th – 20th – Anything Goes
- V’s Sweet Ideas #33 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 179 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!