WOYWW 307: What’s On My Work Desk This Week?
Last week, I shared that the Pink Team at Eclectic Ellapu is hosting a month-long Out Of Your Comfort Zone challenge to encourage you to stretch your creative boundaries. I also shared that The Path Of Positivity Challenge Team was hosting a month-long Growth challenge.
Since I had so much fun designing last week’s Be Strong And Believe card with them last week, I thought I’d join them again with a fresh interpretation of their challenge – Faith, Hope & Love – along with a bevy of new design challenges to share!
I decided to “stretch my boundary” by creating a lovely square card since I rarely design cards in this dimension. The reason for this is purely practical: I usually work with pre-cut A5 and A7 card bases and rarely take the time to cut square card bases out of my 12 x 12 cardstock. But, this week, I came across a great deal on square card bases, so I’ve decided to add these to my repertoire!
To begin, I knew I wanted to make as beautiful a card as possible – one that was ultra-feminine, with spring-themed floral elements and a faith-based sentiment as a focal point. I also knew I wanted to incorporate a neutral color palette into this week’s design, to change things up from the bright and pastel colors I’ve been playing with as of late.
I decided that the best way to bring my vision to fruition was to create a multi-layered collage card filled with lots of fabric, texture, distressing, and intricate, shabby/vintage details.
First, I covered the card base with 2 stunning patterned papers – one with spots and dots, the other with gorgeous floral blooms – both from Close To My Heart’s Silhouette collection.
Then, I began layering the card with tags – paper and lace doilies – Nostalgiques lace ribbon – buttons and bling – and a beautiful black fabric flower!
The verse – Faith, Hope, Love – derives from 1 Corinthians 13:13 and from Unity Stamp Company’s amazing All About Hope stamp set. It’s a verse of aspiration and growth that touches upon all aspects of life – emotional, physical and spiritual – as well as our relationship with one another and with God. The passage at large is often quoted in wedding ceremonies and anniversary celebrations.
My mother was a woman of deep faith. I dedicate Faith, Hope & Love to her.
Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
What are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
This week I received a stunning 16 x 24 canvas print of Legend from CanvasPop! If you’d like the opportunity to win photo canvas print of your own or to gift to a friend in the US/Canada, be sure to enter our Giveaway!
Of course, Magellan was on hand when I opened my print, and he did not take kindly to seeing another cat in his home! To see his photo reaction, be sure to visit our Wordless Wednesday Party– and, while you’re there, be sure to share a photo or two of your own!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- A Creative Need April Challenge – Collage
- Addicted To Stamps #102 – Girly But No Pink
- A Gem Of A Challenge #142 – Spring Is In The Air
- Amusing Challenge – Feminine
- Bloggers Challenge – Black & White & A Splash Of Color
- Card & Scrap #95 – Anniversaries (Verse)
- Card Mania Challenges #67 – Flowers
- Catch The Bug – April Bingo Challenge (Scallop/Texture/Bling)
- CCEE1516 Stampers – Inspired By A Book (The Bible)
- Clear It Out – Mothers Day/Flowers
- Come And Get It Challenges – Things That Start With A “B” (Bling, Buttons)
- Crafting By Designs – We Love Mom
- Crafts 4 Eternity #222 – Spring
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Make A Card For April
- Crafty Calendar April Challenge – Add A Sentiment
- Crafty Cardmakers #137 – Dots
- Crafty Catz – It’s A Girl Thing Challenge #275
- Crafty Creations #287 – Seeing Spots
- Crafty Gals #16 – Girls, Girls, Girls
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – April 2015
- Creative Card Crew #85 – Sentiment
- Digi Choose Day – Spots And Dots
- Digi Sketch Challenge – F Is For Flowers
- Dragon Fly Dreams Challenge #1 – Let’s See Spring
- Eclectic Ellapu – April Showers / Spring (April Purple Team) (Spring)
- Eclectic Ellapu – Out Of Your Comfort Zone (April Pink Team) (Square Card)
- Fab N Funky Challenges #256 – Lace
- Fussy And Fancy #137 – Springtime Flowers
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – Spring Flowers
- Just Us Girls Color Week 289 – Brown, White/Beige, Plus One Color (Black)
- Krafty Hands April Challenge – Nature’s Work
- Lil Red Wagon #286 – Seeing Spots
- Little Claire Monthly Challenge 56 – Use Kraft
- Loves Rubber Stamps #148 – Add Flowers
- Melonhead Friends – 2 Or More Designer Papers
- Mod Squad Challenge – Encouragement
- Monday Scripture Challenge – #FHL19 (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- My Sheri Crafts #155 – A Very Girly Card
- One Stitch At A Time #235 – Anything Goes With Daughters / Girls
- Ooh-La-La Creations #178 – Lots Of Layers
- Open Minded Challenge #34 – Recycle Something (Cream Lace Doily from Friend’s Craft Room!)
- Our Creative Corner – Color Your World (Elegant Vintage Neutrals)
- Our Daily Bread ODBDSLC235 Inspiration Challenge
- Paper Creators #37 – Flowers
- Papertake Weekly – Cute As A Button
- Path Of Positivity Challenge #25 – Growth
- Penny’s Challenge #224 – Use Spooled Items (Lace)
- Pile It On #65 – April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Pink Saturday
- QKR Stampede #135 – Spring Flowers
- Red Rubber Inspirationals #216 – Make A Fuss
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog #222 – Floral Fantasy
- The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge #113 – Ribbon Or LACE
- The Crazy Challenge – Springtime
- The Sisterhood Of Crafters – Monochromatic
- The Stamping Boutique – Spring
- Throwback Thursday Challenge TTC008 (Unity Stamp Company – All About Hope – May 2013)
- Timbro Scrap Mania #108 – Favorite Color Combo
- Top Tip Tuesday – Three Of Something (Three Clear Bling)
- Vintage Stamping Challenge #31 – Handmade Flowers
- Wags N Whiskers #152 – Flowers
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #120 – Optional Twist Diamonds (Clear Bling)
- Art By Mirian Challenge #30 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations #129 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of SpringFlowers
- Crafting By Designs – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 56 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #258 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #76 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #66 – Anything Goes / Spring or Easter
- Crop Stop Linky Party 3
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #72 – Anything Goes
- DL Art – April Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #30 – Anything Goes
- Hiding In My Craft Room #196 – Freestyle
- Little Miss Muppet Challenge #110 –
- Love To Scrap Challenge #52 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations Challenge – 4/1 – 4/28
- Noor Design Challenge #5 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #17 – Anything Goes
- One Crazy Stamper – April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays #197 – Anything Goes
- Pinspirational Challenge #138 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 42 – Anything Goes
- Simply Paper Craft Challenge 2 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act – Challenge 101
- Stamp And Create April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sugar And Betty’s Challenge Blog – Anything Goes or Layers
- The Kraft Journal #220 – Anything Goes – Girlfriends
- The Sisters Of Craft – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week Of April 21 – 27th – Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff #180 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 180 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place – Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!