Return To Food – The Life Changing Anti-Diet – Book Review
Today I’d like to share a really important book for those of you who are interested in eating better, feeling better, and improving your overall health. It’s a book that contains so much practical and common-sense information that it’s probably going to be considered radical in a genre where fad diets are, sadly, more often the norm.
The book is called Return To Food – The Life Changing Anti-Diet by Sherry Strong, whose philosophy can be summarized with one simple question:
What if the secret to losing weight, increasing your energy and reversing disease, was to stop dieting and simply return to eating real food?
Don’t be fooled by Sherry’s seemingly simplistic question and the charming illustrations she shares throughout the book. Return To Food is a well-researched, well-thought-out book that not only incorporates her personal philosophies on eating, nutritional healing and holistic living, but leaves you with much food for thought.
Eating is not just about the food that we put on our plate and into our bodies – what we eat also impacts the world around us. Accordingly, Sherry tackles a diverse array of topics in this book.
- Readers who are health-oriented will learn how to tell the difference between natural and “unnatural” food, the main five lethal recipe ingredients, and how to replace the white stuff with the right stuff!
- Readers who are socially conscious will find information on hot-button topics such as consumption, pesticides and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Readers concerned about the emotional and spiritual aspects of eating will learn how to listen to their body and nurture themselves through activities that extend beyond eating.
- Readers who are anxious to make a change will learn how to conduct a kitchen audit, shop, and set up their kitchen so they can make some of the wholesome recipes included in the book!
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg!
What I love most about Return To Food is how Sherry explains – in terms we can easily understand – the areas in our lives that need revamping (which encompass more than just food) and how to replace the things that drain us with nourishing food and activities that will sustain us.
Return To Food is a refreshing book to read and a positive book to apply to your life.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Video – Return To Food Trailer
About Sherry Strong
Sherry Strong is a food philosopher, chef and nutritionist who has travelled around the globe to do diet and lifestyle makeovers, and has worked with celebrities, elite athletes, Fortune 500 CEOs, billionaires, and Jamie Oliver and his Fifteen Foundation.
Sherry’s philosophies and simple strategies help people feel better and live their best life by developing a healthy relationship with food and their body.
Sherry was the Victorian Chair of Nutrition Australia, the Melbourne Head of Slow Food, Curator and Co-Founder of the World Wellness Project Summit and founder of the Return to Food Academy where she teaches people to become Return to Food Coaches and Entrepreneurs.
Return To Food – Book Tour
Create With Joy is delighted to participate in the Return To Food Book Tour, which is hosted by iRead Book Tours!
The Return To Food Book Tour runs from June 8 through June 19, 2015.
Please visit the Return To Food Book Tour Page to learn more about the author and to see what other bloggers have to say about these books!
For More Information
- Visit Sherry’s Website.
- Connect with Sherry on Facebook and Twitter.
- Return To Food is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
An Exciting Giveaway For ALL Of My Readers!
To thank you for being a loyal Create With Joy reader (or to welcome you to my blog), Sherry and I would like to offer you a Return to Food Secrets of the Life-Changing Anti-Diet webinar series valued at $197, for FREE, along with the 7 Recipes For Life 50-page digital download.
CLICK HERE for information and instructions on how to enroll in the webinar, which is slated for July 6, 2015 at 5 pm PST.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from iRead Book Tours to review. However, the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!