The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug – Book Review
Are you interested in hosting a Women’s Bible Study but are hesitant to do so because you’re concerned about the time commitment it might take?
Are you looking for a book that will help you to address the spiritual needs of the women God brings into your life in a fun yet biblical way?
If so, The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug by Christine Tate might be just the book you’re looking for!
The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug is an 8-week Bible Study that provides a framework for women who are pressed for time but want to meet in a non-threatening spiritual environment to encourage one another, to get to know themselves and one another better, and to learn more about the Lord and the Bible in a fun and social environment.
In The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug, you’ll tackle a number of topics that will pique women’s interest, such as Taking Care Of Yourself, An Organized Life, People Pleasers, and Weight Management.
Each group lesson is structured as follows:
- 15 Minute Ice Breaker
- 10 Minute Lesson
- 30 Minute Discussion Questions
- 5 Minute Closing Prayer
Included in the lessons are optional weekly personal challenges, Scripture readings, commentaries and fun Bible quizzes but – as promised – no homework!
I enjoyed this book and thought The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug would be suitable for many types of groups, including:
- Newly formed groups who are looking for a fun way to get to know each other
- Interdenominational groups
- Women who are new to the church or exploring the Christian faith
- New moms
- Women who are chronically ill
- Women who are going through difficult life circumstances
- Established Bible Study groups who are on break but want to meet in a more relaxed setting
The best part?
If you like this study, and don’t want your meetings to end, Christine has developed an entire series around this concept – so you’ll have plenty of additional material to work with for months to come!
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
About Christine Tate
Christine Tate is a former USC graduate who is now a Navy wife and home school mother who is currently stationed with her family in Virginia Beach, VA. She wrote The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug to meet the needs of a newly formed Women’s Bible Study group at the military base chapel she was attending. The response to that book was so positive, the book has now been expanded into a series of Women’s Bible Studies.
For More Information
- Visit Christine’s Website.
- Read an Interview With Christine Tate.
- The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!