You’ve Got Swagger – A Cute All Occasion Card

You've Got Swagger

What’s On My Desk This Week? A Cute All Occasion Card

Hello dear friends – I hope you are having a fabulous week! Today I wanted to create a fun, cheery card that incorporated a touch of a summer day, so I dug out my Copic Markers and began to play.

Every now and then I come across a stamp set I can’t get out of my head. Unity Stamp’s Swagger – which features three sentiments plus an adorable chick – is one of those sets. This is one of the cutest little birdies that I’ve seen in quite some time!

If you’re looking for a fun sentiment for your masculine-themed cards – “You’ve Got Swagger” is it!

I used the Copics to color the chick and to paint a scenic backdrop of grass and sky around him – then chose my favorite sentiment, You’ve Got Swagger, from the set to accompany the card!

I paired a lovely floral patterned paper from Stampin Up with textured cardstock from DCWV – distressed everything – and tore the paper mat to expose the lovely white core.

TIP: To make the white core pop even more, I distressed the underside of the paper I tore and layered ribbon between the patterned paper and the mat!

I chose textured ribbons from CTMH and TLC to complement the texture cardstock – a pink heart to complement the stamped hearts – and pretty pink bling to top everything off!

Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties as well!

Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!

What Are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?

Ever wake up in the morning and discover you are having a bad hair day? Well – when you live with long-haired cats – sometimes, they have bad hair days too!

To learn of the dilemma Tsunami recently faced – and the surprising solution we found for his problems (it’s a shocker!) – be sure to visit us at this week’s Wordless Wednesday Party – and while you’re there, be sure to join the fun!

Creative Art Challenges

Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!

Theme Challenges

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

WOYWW Desk

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

57 Responses to “You’ve Got Swagger – A Cute All Occasion Card”

1. Robyn Oliver says:

Hi Joy, happy WOYWW. Very cute card – sadly my markers are taking a back seat to my Distress Inks..love working with them. Enjoy your week RobynO#16

2. Andree says:

A super cute card. The image and sentiment are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in with Scribble & Scrap challenge #46 and good luck x

3. lynne walker says:

cute card. liove the way you have torn the pink paper
    thanks for joining Ike’s challenge
    Lynne DT x

4. Sandy Leigh says:

I actually squealed when I saw that card. That little birdie does indeed have the swagger–so cute! Thank you for posting all the info once again, so helpful. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #43

Thank you for your comment which made me SMILE – I think this is the first time one of my cards has actually made someone squeal! 🙂
      Isn’t that just the cutest little birdie? I think the little chick who is so full of swagger is adorable too!

Enjoy the challenges!

5. Jackie T says:

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the cute bird. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 18 “Anything Goes”. Hugs Jackie DT

6. This is adorable, Joy! Love how creative you were with the layers. Thank you for joining us for the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

Hugz,
    Linda

7. Brenda says:

What a fun card, those birdies really do make you smile.

Many thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges and hope you have a good weekend.

B x

8. Pam@over50feeling40
    Twitter: over50feeling40

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

9. Bettina says:

This is so cute. LOve the details with the colours, torn edges and layers. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

10. Kris Dishon says:

So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Art by Mi Ran Challenge Blog.

11. LaVoice says:

You are very talented. I enjoying dropping in to see the latest creation.

12. Nicola Saul says:

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

13. Virginia L. says:

SUPER cute! I love the use of pattern paper and colors! The torn edges are just the loveliest touches! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Favorite Products/Techniques” Challenge!

14. Anet says:

Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

15. Ginny♥ says:

A beautiful card .Thank you for joining us at Ike’s World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

16. dorothy ford says:

This really cheers me up as its raining today,brilliant colours and colouring,thanks for playing along at Get Creative Challenges.x

17. Cazro says:

A super cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

18. Lesia says:

Your little birdie definitely has that swagger. Thanks for stopping by Mema’s Crafts and playing with us. We hope this will not be your last visit and good luck in the challenge.

19. Jeanette says:

This is such a cute card! Love the sentiment!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

20. Adorable card. I love that little Unity Stamp bird. Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge!

21. lorraine A says:

Gorgeous card 🙂 the little bird is adorable, your colouring is fabulous and I love the sentiment too 🙂

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

22. mamapia says:

Thanks for showing your funny Card for paperminutes.
    hugs
    mamapia

23. Beautiful little birdie!

Thanks for joining Wonderful Wednesday over at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.

/Lisa – DT

24. Fran Hancock says:

Beautiful , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

25. Shelley says:

Really sweet card you have made here, thank you for sharing it with us at IKE’S WORLD CHALLENGES

26. This bird made me start singing – I’ve got the moves like Jagger – THIS bird is awesome and he has got swagger galore and the moves too!!! What fun and just such amazing details added to that fun image that make this a stellar card!! So very glad you joined us for the Summer Fun challenge over at DoubleClick Skittles!!

Taunya Butler
    Design Team Member
    daisiesgirl.com

27. Nanette says:

This is so bright and cheery!! Love the little peep and fab sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Ike’s World Challenge for this fortnight! Nanette, DT

28. Dionne says:

Fab card, the image is so cute. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

29. Sharon says:

What a fab creation. Love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Panny’s Paper Crafty, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

30. Ramona, this is such a cute card, thank you for sharing on The Oh My Heartsie Girls ww this week!!! Have a great week!!
    Karren

31. veronique says:

Love your card! Very cute. Veronique Cute as a button DT

32. Alli D says:

Lovely summer colours Thanks for entering our ‘Here Comes Summer’ Challenge at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

33. Sweet card, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

34. Oooh, I love this! The image is just adorable, and the sentiment is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion:)
    ~ Bonnie DT

35. Claudia
    Twitter: Imagesbycw

What an intricate fun card. You are so very creative with these…

Thank you for linking up at s~A(R)T~urday!

36. susan salyer says:

This is adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at Ike’s World Challenge.

37. Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

DT – Keeley Ainsworth
    Noor! Design UK

38. LaVoice says:

You are the best when it comes to designing these cards.

39. A Beautiful card! Thank you for entering our Summer/Winter Challenge at Life in Details! Hugs Julie DT xox

40. That is sooooo cute! Love the torn edge that you did here.

Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Scribbles Design challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

41. Cute card! Thanks for all the details and tips…Thanks for sharing with Ike’s World Challenges!

42. Bad Kitty says:

great card.
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Crafting With An Attitude!
    We would love to see you again …Bad Kitty- Fiki DT

43. BA says:

thi is so cute
    thanks for joining us at TSM
    xoxo BA

44. VANESSA says:

Very cute! tks per aver partecipato al challenge TSM

45. Tiziana Biagioli says:

Very cute…Thanks for joning at us TSM
    xoxo