What’s On My Desk This Week? A Cute All Occasion Card
Hello dear friends – I hope you are having a fabulous week! Today I wanted to create a fun, cheery card that incorporated a touch of a summer day, so I dug out my Copic Markers and began to play.
Every now and then I come across a stamp set I can’t get out of my head. Unity Stamp’s Swagger – which features three sentiments plus an adorable chick – is one of those sets. This is one of the cutest little birdies that I’ve seen in quite some time!
If you’re looking for a fun sentiment for your masculine-themed cards – “You’ve Got Swagger” is it!
I used the Copics to color the chick and to paint a scenic backdrop of grass and sky around him – then chose my favorite sentiment, You’ve Got Swagger, from the set to accompany the card!
I paired a lovely floral patterned paper from Stampin Up with textured cardstock from DCWV – distressed everything – and tore the paper mat to expose the lovely white core.
TIP: To make the white core pop even more, I distressed the underside of the paper I tore and layered ribbon between the patterned paper and the mat!
I chose textured ribbons from CTMH and TLC to complement the texture cardstock – a pink heart to complement the stamped hearts – and pretty pink bling to top everything off!
Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties as well!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
What Are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
Ever wake up in the morning and discover you are having a bad hair day? Well – when you live with long-haired cats – sometimes, they have bad hair days too!
To learn of the dilemma Tsunami recently faced – and the surprising solution we found for his problems (it’s a shocker!) – be sure to visit us at this week’s Wordless Wednesday Party – and while you’re there, be sure to join the fun!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- 2 Cute Ink Challenges #131 – Father’s Day
- Brown Sugar Challenge #150 – In The Garden
- Bunny Zoe’s June Challenge – Furry Friends
- Cardz 4 Guyz #75 – Father’s Day
- Craftin Desert Divas Father Day’s Link Up Party
- Crafting For All Seasons #104 – It’s A Boy Thing
- Crafty Boots – Father’s Day / For The Man In Your Life
- Crafty Cardmakers #141 – For A Boy Or A Man
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – June 2015
- Crafting Musketeers Challenge #26 – Shades Of Summer
- Creative Craft Challenge #41 – Flowers (Patterned Paper)
- Cute As A Button Challenge #10 – For The Boys
- Digi Sketch Challenge – All About Men
- Double Click Skittles Challenge #24 – Summer Fun
- Fussy And Fancy #141 – Distressed
- Get Creative Challenges – For The Boys Or Father’s Day
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – Father’s Day
- Ike’s World Challenges #40 – Elements (Earth/Sky)
- Inky Impressions Challenge #214 – Summertime
- Life In Details – SUMMER/Winter Challenge
- Melonheadz Friends – Bright Colors Challenge
- Mod Squad Challenge – Father’s Day
- Noor Design Challenge #7 – Here Comes Summer (Colors)
- Ooh La La Creations 182 – Here Comes Summer
- Paper Minutes #388 – Make Me Laugh
- Pink Saturday
- Simon Says Use Your Favorite Technique Or Product (Coloring)
- Stamp And Create June Challenge – Summer Fun
- Stempelgarten Challenge #38 – Flower Season (Patterned Paper)
- Sweet Stamps #226 – For Dad
- The Corrosive Challenge #226 – Pile It On (Challenges!)
- The East Wind Challenge #33 – Ode To Nature
- The Pink Elephant Challenge #TPE303 – Father’s Day
- Timbro Challenge #110 – Blue Like The Sky (Hand Colored The Sky)
- Use Your Stuff #188 – Color Me Happy
- Vintage Stamping Challenges #33 – Hot Sunny Colors
- V’s Sweet Ideas Challenge #35 – Favorite Technique (Coloring)
- Whimsy Stamps Challenge #84 – Use Ribbon, Lace, Twine
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #128
- Art By Mirian Challenge #34 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations #133 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of Layers
- Crafting By Designs – June Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 64 – Anything Goes
- Crafting With An Attitude #4 – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Anything Goes For June
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #266 – Almost Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Challenge – Anything Goes
- Crazy 4 Challenges #290 – Something Masculine (The Sentiment!)
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #70 – Anything Goes w/Optional Masculine Twist
- Crop Stop Linky Party 5 – Anything Goes
- DL Art – June Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Fresh Brewed Designs – Anything Goes Challenge
- Inspiration Destination #38 – Anything Goes
- Hiding In My Craftroom #203 – Super Scraps Saturday
- Love To Scrap Challenge #56 – Anything Goes
- Mema’s June Challenge (Final One) – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #21 – Anything Goes
- Paper Creator Crafts Challenge #39 – Anything Goes
- Penny’s Paper Challenge #232 – Anything Goes
- Petal Lu Challenge – Anything Goes
- Retarte #52 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 46 – Anything Goes
- Simply Papercrafts Challenge 6 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act – Challenge 110
- Sugar And Betty’s Challenge Blog – June Anything Goes
- That Craft Place – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week Of June 16 – 22 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 188 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place – June Anything Goes
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!