Card Of The Week – Thinking Of You

Thinking Of You Card- CWJ2

Card Of The Week – Thinking Of You

Happy WOYWW to you dear friends! What’s on your desk this week? What were you inspired to create?

I began the long-term project of de-cluttering my craft room. In the process, I came across a few forgotten scraps and embellishments which formed the starting point for today’s card:

• A luscious layer of cardstock in deep, royal purple
  • A strip of patterned paper from a previous project
  • A package of Making Memories Woven Labels

Since the Thinking Of You label coordinated so beautifully, color-wise, with the first two elements of the card, I decided to pull them out and started to make a CAS card. Then, upon further thought, I decided, why not dress the card up a bit more and make it really special for the recipient? Adding lots of luscious layers and pretty feminine details is more in keeping with my style anyway!

So, I went digging through my ribbon boxes and found two strips of organza ribbon – one solid, one polka-dotted – to overlay over the striped paper. If you look closely, you can see new colors and patterns forming as the underlying paper peeks through!

I broke into a new package of black doilies to make it extra fancy! I’ve really become hooked on these!

Next came a romp through the garden to pick the perfect flowers!

• A pretty white flower to coordinate with the card’s backdrop.
  • A black flower with white polka dots to coordinate with the doily and the ribbon.
  • And a royal purple pansy to pick up the purple backdrop!

Finishing touches include adding icy sparkles in the form of bright diamond and silver metallic bling and distressing with Close To My Heart Pansy Purple Ink!

Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, sharing your latest acquisitions, or spotlighting your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at our weekly parties as well!

Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!

Creative Art Challenges

Thinking Of You Card - CWJ3

Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!

Theme Challenges

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

Thinking Of You -Card - Create With Joy

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

WOYWW Desk

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

47 Responses to “Card Of The Week – Thinking Of You”

1. Helen says:

Great card, and happy finds – the best kind of tidying that results in creativity. Helen 2

2. Donna says:

Love this card! You make me want to get out my supplies and try to make something beautiful. 🙂

Thank you so much Donna! I encourage you to follow that creative impulse – make something beautiful – and share it with us at Inspire Me Monday (with a comment so I’m sure to stop by!)

Have a lovely week!

3. Valerie-Jael says:

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

4. Diana Taylor says:

A lovely card, and great that you are using up your stash – it’s much easier to add to it I find! I do love the purple and black together – they really look good, very rich. Hope you have a great week and find loads more lovely bits of stash while de-cluttering!
    Diana #25

Thanks so much Diana – I can’t remember the last time I used this color combo together and I really love how it turned out!
      Hopefully I’ll find some more treasures I can put to good use as I dig through my stuff!

5. Julia says:

I love the black doily – ooh la la I need to get me some! Good luck with the de clutter, I know you’ll be really good and see it through. I lose heart too soon and allow myself to be distracted!!

6. Susan says:

Lovely card and sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Unstampabelles.

7. Catherine says:

What a lovely card. Always nice to discover new things amongst the tidying.
    Catherine x (42)

8. Jennifer Bradley says:

Great card, love the colours. thanks for joining our challenge at Whoopsi Daisy and we hope you will join us again. Jennifer DT member xx

9. Cazro says:

A very pretty card, I do like the dark, stong colours. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Thanks Caz – for whatever reason, I don’t delve into the dark side of the color box very often, so this is somewhat of a departure for me – but I love how it came out!

Cards like these encourage me to be adventurous more often! 🙂

10. Linda O says:

Joy, your card is beautiful – love the flower layers and everything. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

Hugz,
    Linda

11. basslady says:

fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

12. Andree says:

A really pretty card. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

13. Stunning looking card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon…
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
    Dragonfly Dreams

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

14. Melissa B
    Twitter: RecentBooks

Such a pretty card! =)

15. Lisa Ehrman says:

I like the new card with the purple tones 🙂 Thanks for sharing at What Are You Doing? Blog Hop!!!

16. Absolutely beautiful! It looks so elaborate and chic, how very talented you are! Thanks for sharing on #SocialButterflySunday this week! Hope to see you link up again this Sunday 🙂

17. LaVoice says:

I will leave the creation of these cads to you. You do an excellent job. I know a friend that this one would suit perfectly.

Thank you LaVoice – I really appreciate the time you take to visit and leave a sweet comment on my cards each week, particularly since you don’t consider yourself to be a cardmaker! 🙂

18. Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
    Twitter: momsvictories

I love the eggplant and lavender combination, this card is stunning! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday linkup. Pinned to our linkup board.

19. HJ says:

Really nice layering and colours. Thanks for taking part in the CropStop Linky Party.

20. Beautiful:) Thanks for sharing it with us for Card Mania Challenge.
    Good Luck!
    Marzena DT

21. Brenda says:

Way to rock the Bingo Card Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday! Brenda

22. Pauline says:

This is a fabulous card, such a wonderful design.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnuts’s Patterned Paper Challenge this month.
    Pauline
    x

23. bj says:

Beautiful card…

24. lisa says:

Gorgeous card… perfect with the sentiment x

25. Lucy says:

A lovely card and I want to stroke those beautiful flowers in the jar!
    Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge.
    Lucy DT x