The Blender Girl Smoothies – Book Review
If you are interested in pursuing a healthier lifestyle that includes incorporating healthy smoothies into your diet, then sooner or later you’re bound to run into Tess Masters – a woman who’s known in the online world as “The Blender Girl”!
Since learning the art of creating healthy smoothies is one of my current goals, I could not wait to get my hands on a copy of The Blender Girl Smoothies – 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan & Paleo-Friendly Recipes by Tess Masters.
If you are new to the world of smoothie-making and looking for an educational, no-nonsense book to get you started, The Blender Girl Smoothies is a good place to start!
The book is divided into four sections:
- Chapter 1, Smoothie Secrets, contains the general principles you need to know to master smoothie making. As much as you’ll be tempted to skip ahead and jump into the recipe portion of the book – don’t! The information contained here – including Strategies For Success, Six Steps To Spectacular Smoothies, How to Soak Ingredients, Smoothies versus Juices, and Build Your Own Smoothies – provide the foundation you need to for future success in your own independent endeavors!
- Chapter 2, Find Your Own Perfect Blend, provides key information about the recipes you’ll find in the book. The information in this section will help you to determine which recipes are best for you – how to substitute ingredients when necessary – and how to use boosters to enhance flavors.
- Chapter 3, The Recipes (which is mislabeled Chapter 4 in my book), contains the actual recipes themselves. The book is designed to be an encyclopedia of smoothie recipes, with each recipe featured in a 2-page spread, with one page containing the ingredients and the recipe, and the other page containing a color-photograph of the smoothie.
- Chapter 4, The Smoothie Pantry, contains descriptions of the essential ingredients that Tess uses in her smoothies, along with tips for pairing flavors.
There’s also a Resources Guide and an Index in the back of the book.
- The recipes are beautifully photographed, easy to follow, with health benefits clearly laid out.
- The recipes incorporate savory ingredients to help minimize sugar spikes.
The smoothie-making principles help you learn how to create your own smoothies.
- If you are a mainstream dieter looking for fun drinks to make with your blender, or everyday ingredients you are likely to have in your pantry or fridge – preview the book before purchasing to make sure it suits your needs.
- If you have difficulty reading tiny print – be aware you will need your reading glasses (and possibly a magnifier) for the print version of the book!
- Visit Tess’s Website.
- Connect with Tess on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Blender Girl Smoothies is available on Amazon.
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
There are several things that I really like about The Blender Girl Smoothies book:
And a few caveats:
All in all, however, I’m excited to add The Blender Girl Smoothies to my culinary library. I think that this is a great reference book for beginning smoothie makers, and one that’s bound to help us improve our health!
I rate this book 4 out or 5 stars.
About Tess Masters
Tess Masters is an Australian-born writer, actor, voice-over artist, and self-professed blendaholic who she shares her enthusiasm for healthy living online.
As a presenter and recipe developer, Tess collaborates with leading food, culinary, and lifestyle brands. She has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, InStyle, Prevention, Real Simple, Thrive, Vegetarian Times, Living Without, Allergic Living, and New Idea; and online for Today, Shape, Glamour, Food Network, Parents, and Chow, among other publications and websites.
When she’s not blending, Tess enjoys a diverse performance career. She has toured internationally with stage productions, worked in film and television, and lent her voice to commercial campaigns, audio books, and popular video game characters. Tess and her partner, Scott Brick, live in Studio City, California, with their West Highland white terrier (and blender-cuisine maven), Cookie.
For More Information
For More Great Books
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. However, the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!