NIV Zondervan Study Bible – Book Review
If you are looking for a serious study Bible that features the text of the popular New International Version translation, is built on the truth of Scripture, and is centered on the Gospel message, then the NIV Zondervan Study Bible certainly deserves your consideration!
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible was crafted over a 5-year period by General Editor Dr. D. A. Carson and a team of over 60 Bible scholars who span a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives.
One thing that makes the NIV Zondervan Study Bible unique is that it’s built around the concept of Bible Theology. This Bible includes a series of articles that tracks how the themes of the Bible are progressively revealed throughout Scripture and come into focus through Jesus Christ.
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible features:
- A comprehensive introduction to each section and book of the Bible that examines its purpose, theme and context.
- Nearly 20,000 study notes that offer meaningful insight on every passage of Scripture.
- A collection of 28 articles by biblical experts to deepen your understanding of theological concepts.
- Full color photos, maps and charts – conveniently placed within the text.
- A user-friendly, single column text layout with extensive study features within the text.
- Cross-references, indexes and an NIV Concordance that helps you to easily discover the connectivity of Scripture.
- Free digital access for use on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
The study features of this book are so robust, you’ll feel like the editors have built a Bible Dictionary right into your Bible!
What I like about the NIV Zondervan Study Bible is that the editors have provided the readers with a wonderful array of comprehensive, theologically sound resources at a wonderful price. This is particularly true when you consider that you receive both print and online accessibility with your purchase.
The trade-off for these wonderful resources – at least in the Hardcover Edition of the NIV Zondervan Study Bible – is the particularly tiny print! The size of the Bible text is actually the same size as the study notes – making it extremely difficult to read!
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible is an amazing resource if you are looking for a Study Bible with a strong theological slant for your spiritual growth. Just make sure you can read the fonts in the version that you buy if readability is an issue for you.
I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars (it would have been 5 out of 5 stars had it not been for the readability issue).
About D. A. Carson
D. A. Carson is Research Professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He is the president and a founding member of The Gospel Coalition, an influential network of evangelical pastors and churches. Carson has served as assistant pastor and pastor and has done itinerant ministry around the world. He is a sought-after preacher, author, and an active guest lecturer in academic and church settings worldwide. Carson received a Master of Divinity from Central Baptist Seminary in Toronto and the Doctor of Philosophy in New Testament from the University of Cambridge. He has written or edited nearly 60 books, many of which have been translated into other languages.
For More Information
- Visit the NIV Zondervan Study Bible Website.
- Connect with Zondervan on Facebook and Twitter.
- NIV Zondervan Study Bible is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. However, the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!