Wordless Wednesday – Window Watching

Magellan Window Watching

Window Watching

How do your pets like to while away the hours in their days?

When my cats aren’t eating, sleeping, or curled up with their favorite human, one of their favorite pastimes is hanging out in the nearest window to see what’s going on in the world around them!

The windows of our home are a fascinating place for our cats to visit. Often there are visitors outside in the form of squirrels and birds, running up and down the nearest ledges or dancing about the branches of the trees outside the windows, just a hop, jump and a skip away from the cats (which means no cool breezes in my house as the risk of Houdini escape artists is too great a risk to take!)

Several times a year we are treated to the momentary hover of hummingbirds right outside our window which – for a magical moment – will catch us by surprise as they come nose to nose with the cats before flitting away. It always happens so fast, I am only able to record these enchanted moments in my mind’s eye!

At this point in his life, Tsunami is content to watch the visitors without much ado, but Magellan still dreams of how he can join his friends for a jaunt across the branches – from where he perches, it looks like irresistible fun!

Chat In The Comments

Let's Chat

What activity brings your pets the greatest joy?
Please share your ideas, stories and tips in the comments!

Wordless Wednesday – Week of May 17, 2016

Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

26 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Window Watching”

1. stevebethere
    Twitter: bethere2day

Aww! Nice post and Magellan looks so cute

Have a tanfastical day 🙂

2. ennadoolf says:

Your cat looks like my grandcat, Inky. He loves watching the world outside too!

3. Glenda has been doing a lot of window watching lately too. We have our bird feeders set up right outside the front window and the rabbits in the neighborhood have been chasing each other around in our yard nearly every day. So, Glenda sits and watches the birds and rabbits, when she isn’t sitting on my computer. Thanks for hosting have a great day!

4. Claire says:

Aww, such a sweet pictures 🙂

5. He looks so deep in thought looking out the window.

6. Debbie Williams says:

Love that picture. I had one of our dog waiting on my hubby in the afternoons.

7. Marie Moody
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Well, dogs are no different. Baby (my black lab 14 yrs.) now that the door is left open sometimes if it’s warm out she loves to stand by the screen door and watch everything moving no matter what it is, and if it deserves a hello when she says hello… very loudly and many times! ~snicker-snicker~ Have a great day my friend and thanks for the linky.

8. meowmeowmans says:

Magellan, that is a great picture of you. Our Zoe dreams of playing with the birds and the squirrels, too. 🙂

9. Mary Denman says:

When we need a little fresh air, I open the top part of the window, not the bottom to keep our kitties in!

Hope you’re having a great week Ramona!

10. A sentry on their post. What a priceless pic.

11. Summer says:

I’m always convinced that I can catch those critters outside my windows! But when I go out on my leash, they never seem to be around.

12. My cat also loves window watching. We don’t have squirrels or hummingbirds, but there are some birds to watch (and humans too).

13. Piranha Banana says:

Lovely photo. My favorite thing to do (besides eating) that brings me joy is lying on the fresh green grass in the sun. Now I know the sun isn’t all that good for me – but all that warmth on my fur makes me feel relaxed. Love, love, love it!

14. It’s bird time and cats have a lot to enjoy through the window. A good shot.

15. Star Traci
    Twitter: TracisStar

You have to wonder what they are dreaming about as they gaze out the window. Lovely.
    🙂
    Traci

16. Pam
    Twitter: anartuflmom

Aw, I miss having a kitty in my window! Our Sunny (Yorkie) is happiest when she’s snuggling with one of us. Or wiggling joyfully on the couch! Thanks for hosting! It’s nice to be back to blogging again.

17. Emily says:

There is something about staring out the window. Perfect place to be. 🙂

18. Marie Moody
    Twitter: Xmasdolly

Oooops! Good Morning Ramona!!! I WON!! WOO HOO – I sent you an e-mail and I just thought I’d let you know. woo hoo Thanks so much! I cannot wait to read this book! Baby can’t wait either… that my Black Lab… Have a great day!

19. Thanks for hosting the mid-week fun, my friend! It’s been a long time, since linking up with you last and am looking forward to picking up where I left off. Have a good week!

20. Great picture of you Megallan 🙂 Pawkisses for a wonderful day 🙂 <3

1. […] Wordless Wednesday (create-with-joy.com) […]

2. […] for Wordless Wednesday with Blog Paws, Create with Joy, and […]

3. […] This post is part of Create with Joy’s Wordless Wednesday. If you would like to find out what some of Purrseidon & Mr. M’s furiends are doing, please click here. […]

4. […] Wordless Wednesday (create-with-joy.com) […]