Wordless Wednesday – Behold My World

Magellan - Behold My World

Magellan – Behold My World

There is nothing more relaxing than basking on the book nook by my Mama’s window, listening to the rat a tat tat of her fingers as they fly across the keyboard, soaking in the sunlight, sights and sounds of a wondrous June morning!

Have you ever had a hummingbird fly by – circle back and hover right before your eyes – allowing you to soak in the miracle of his existence for just a moment before he flew away, leaving you to wonder if you had just beheld a mirage?

I have – because I spend my days watching for wonders such as these from my Mama’s magical window!

Have you ever seen squirrels dancing like darting shadows through the trees and across the rooftops, plucking leaves, flowers and nuts from our trees without a care?

I have – and I’d defend those trees with every fiber of my being if I could just leap through that window (but Mama insists that is a no no!)

Can you count the hidden nests that your neighboring bird families build high up in the trees above your homes? I can – I watch them feed their babies morning, noon and night!

As Edith Wharton says:

Set wide the window. Let me drink the day!

Chat In The Comments

Let's Chat

What is the most amazing sight you have seen
From your window?

Please share your thoughts in the comments –
Inquiring minds would love to know!

Wordless Wednesday – Week of June 6, 2017

Copyright © 2017 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

11 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday – Behold My World”

1. meowmeowmans says:

Magellan, that is a magical window, indeed. What a wonderful world and vantage point for you! Hugs to you, Tsunami and Mom!

2. Summer says:

You get lots of interesting critters to view!

3. Enjoy your outside world, Megallan 🙂 Pawkisses for a Happy Wednesday 🙂 <3

4. Terra Heck says:

Your cat is so pretty. My cats are window watchers too.

5. Chris says:

THANK YOU for hosting! Love your photos each week and visiting other bloggers too!

#42 is a dead link. I’m so sorry. Long story, but it leads no where. IDK if it’s a pain to remove? Sorry about that!

6. Ellen Pilch says:

My cats love to watch the hummingbirds at the feeder, we can’t leave that window open for fear they would push the screen open.

I know what you mean Ellen – I can only leave mine open a tiny crack, supervised, and I replaced my original screens with double screens for extra protection!

7. Robin says:

I hope that you saw some really fun birds! My kitties love watching birds too. We have a second-floor apartment, so Manna and Dexter sit out on our balcony and watch the birds flying to the nearby trees and the waterfowl in the lake below. 🙂 They spend as much time out there as I will allow.

8. Jean Dion says:

It sounds like you have a truly wonderful view out that window! Popoki has plenty of squirrels to keep an eye on, but out hummingbird population is remarkably decreased this year. I have no idea why, but I miss them terribly and so does Popoki!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

9. speedyrabbit says:

Sounds like you have some great tv to watch,xx Speedy