Ephesians and James by Joyce Meyer – Book Review
What’s your favorite book in the New Testament? It’s hard to pick just one, but without a doubt, the foundational book of Ephesians and the practical book of James would be in my list of favorites!
Joyce Meyer must feel this way too, because she’s chosen these two books – Ephesians and James – to kick off the launch of her new Biblical Commentary Series, Practical Insights For Everyday Christian Living!
Both Ephesians and James are highly accessible commentaries for the beginning Bible student and for anyone who wants to learn more about the Bible but needs it broken down in plain English. Joyce’s commentary is written in the everyday language you’d expect from her, making these commentaries much easier to read and understand than most.
Each commentary opens with background information about either Ephesians and James, and then goes through each chapter of its respective book, breaking the chapter down into verses to study. The sections open with the text of the verse in the Amplified translation which is nice for convenience – adds Joyce’s commentary on the passage – and ends with journaling space for personal reflection. This format turns these commentaries into a great alternative to your traditional daily devotion if you only have time to do one and you’d like to learn more about Scripture!
Which book should you study first? That’s entirely up to you, but here is some information that may aid you in your decision-making:
Joyce’s commentary on Ephesians helps you develop a stronger relationship with God. As you take the time to study His Word, you’ll see how much He loves you and who you are in His image. Change will come, and your life will bear the good fruit that God intends as you embrace these biblical truths:
- Being “in Christ” is a spiritual reality, the most important spiritual reality in which you can live.
- In Christ, you are unconditionally loved and accepted.
- You are saved through faith, and faith alone— not through anything you can do.
- In Christ, you have victory in the spiritual war.
Joyce’s commentary on James help you to put your faith into practice on a daily basis and grasp the practical truths of God’s Word by studying these principles:
- Even in the face of trials, we can find joy because trials produce good fruit in our lives, the fruit of endurance leading to spiritual growth and maturity.
- Our words are extremely powerful, so watching our words and using them carefully is of the utmost importance. Negative words can bring pain and destruction, but positive words bring blessing.
- We can resist the devil and he will flee from us.
- Sincere, heartfelt prayers are very powerful and effective.
One of the key takeaways that you’ll gain from James is that you not only need to read the Word of God and know what it says, but you also need to act on it!
Still can’t decide? Since these commentaries are powerful tools in your spiritual growth, why not read one in the morning and one at night!
For More Information
- Visit the Publisher’s Website.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Follow Create With Joy on Amazon.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from FaithWords.
Copyright © 2019 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!