Each of us longs to feel significant. It’s part of what makes us human. It’s built into our DNA.
In his book Live Like You Mean It, T. J. Addington takes us on a journey of self-discovery by asking ten crucial questions:
- Why am I here? (Purpose)
- What is my sweet spot? (Gifts)
- What will I leave behind? (Legacy)
- What really matters? (Priorities)
- What is my plan? (Growth and Development)
- How do I best recharge? (Rest and Refreshment)
- How can my life have a ripple effect? (Influencing and Inspiring Others)
- How do I relate to God? (Spiritual Development)
- Will I say yes to God? (Responding to God in Good Times and Bad)
- What shall I do next? (Creating an Ongoing Plan)
As we reflect upon these questions, Addington encourages us to make a difference by reminding us that it’s not about us. He challenges us to look beyond our desires and to think about God’s plans. He reminds us that today’s choices impact tomorrow, and they impact others. He inspires us, through real life stories, scripture, and practical advice, to be better people.
This is a book you will want to read, highlight, and read again.
Five Out Of Five Stars
For an excerpt from this book, see Thoughts On Books & Reading.
Book Review Resources
For more inspirational books, please visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.