Question Of The Week
This week is Banned Books Week!
How do you feel about books being challenged and
Banned from libraries and schools?
Have you read any banned books?
I was raised in an environment where reading was cherished
And the free exchange of ideas was valued and encouraged,
Even when opinions differed,
So it saddens and shocks me when people attempt to
Censor books they do not agree with or understand.
It is shocking to visit the Banned Books Website
And see how many beloved bestsellers, classics and award-winners
Have made the list!
Here are a few favorite Banned Books
I am proud to have read!
Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret, by Judy Blume
A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes
Go Ask Alice, by Anonymous
Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, by Ken Kesey
That Was Then, This is Now, by S.E. Hinton
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
The Dead Zone, by Stephen King
The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton
To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
Where’s Waldo?, by Martin Hanford
Winnie The Pooh by A. A. Milne
Thanks to So Remembered Tales for this week’s question
And for hosting this week’s Book Blogger Hop!
Friendship Friday #36 – Week Of October 5, 2012
Welcome to Friendship Friday – a week-long opportunity to:
- Foster friendships with other bloggers!
- Share what’s unique about yourself and your blog!
- Grow your blog and social media networks!
Are you ready to make some new friends? Then, come join the fun! Please follow these friendly guidelines:
1) Each week, I’ll post a question that’s designed to help you get to know one another a little better. To participate, simply create a Friendship Friday post that includes the Friendship Friday blog hop button and/or a link back to this post – then add your permalink to the party!
You can also participate by adding the Friendship Friday button to your sidebar and answering the Question of the Week in the comments!
2) Please follow Create With Joy and leave a sweet comment so I’ll know you stopped by! If you’re a new follower, let me know how you are following so that I can reciprocate! You can follow Create With Joy on:
- Google Plus
- Linky Followers
- E-Mail Subscription
- RSS Feed Subscription
- Stumble Upon
3) Visit your fellow participants and get to know them – building friendships is what this community is about! Support the bloggers you connect with by leaving a comment and following their blogs through one of the available subscription methods on their blogs!
Host Your Next Party With