I was looking forward to a peaceful weekend. After spending the past few weekends catching up on blogging tasks at the Winter Biannual Blogathon and reading my heart out at the Mini-Bloggiesta, a little time-out sounded glorious!
And then it happened. I received the following tweet from my friend Tanya at Mom’s Small Victories:
@CreateWithJoy1 did you see the Wicked Valentine Read-a-Thon? I signed up!
What’s that, you say? A Read-A-Thon? Just last weekend, Tanya and I were chatting about how fun it would be to join our first Read-A-Thon!
Before I could stop myself, I found myself adding yet another event to my calendar!
Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon Details
The Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon (#WWReadthon) is hosted by April at My Shelf Confessions and is now in its fourth year. The dates for this event are February 7-14, 2013 and sign-ups are open now through February 11.
The purpose is to encourage you to read as much as possible during the event – but even if you can only participate for a day, you are still invited to join! There are also Mini-Challenges, Twitter Parties, and prizes!
Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon Goals
Here are my current goals for the Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon:
- Read as much as I can during what is shaping up to be a very busy week!
- Attend the Saturday Twitter Party.
- Connect with as many book bloggers as possible via Twitter and/or their blogs!
- Update my 2013 Reading Challenges lists.
If you’d like to cheer me on or keep track of my progress during this event, stay tuned to THIS post as I”ll be posting my updates here!
If you are participating in the event – be sure to let me know so I can encourage you too!
Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon Updates
Friday, February 8, 2013
- Wrote participation post.
- Signed up for the Read-A-Thon.
- Signed up for the Twitter Parties.
- Visited & commented on 5 blogs.
- Signed up for the GoodReads 2013 Reading Challenge.
- Posted my 2013 reviews to GoodReads.
- Read & Reviewed 1st Book: She Speaks by Michelle Clark Jenkins
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Attended the Twittter Party & connected with some fabulous book bloggers!
- Completed the Clue To My Heart Mini-Challenge.
- Published my 2013 Reading Challenges February Update (with new challenges to join!)
Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Read 2nd book: Fear, Faith, and a Fistful of Chocolate by Debora M. Coty.
- Wrote review for upcoming Book Tour on Feb 23rd.
- Identified several more Reading Challenges to join.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- Attended the Twittter Party & connected with more fabulous book bloggers!
- Compiled a list of upcoming events to research.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- Completed the Character Crush Mini-Challenge!
- Read 50 pages in current book.
The Read-A-Thon is now over. I had a blast and look forward to participating in this event in the future!