Decorating With Packing Tape
Are you looking for a versatile crafting product you can use to decorate just about anything? If so, give Decorative Packing Tape a try!
Decorative Packing Tape is like Washi Tape on steroids!
- It’s inexpensive – a little goes a long way!
- It doesn’t require any special skills or fancy tools to use!
- It enables you to cover larger surfaces than Washi Tape.
- It allows you to decorate many normal-sized items per roll!
- It’s fun to play with!
The only tool you really need for working with Decorative Packing Tape is a sharp pair of scissors and you’re good to go!
Today I wanted to share the pretty Altered Box I made using one of the free Decorative Packing Tapes I received from WholePort. To see how versatile these Decorative Packing Tapes are, take a peek at the Earth Day Card I created using a different Decorative Packing Tape!
The following Tutorial shows how easy it is to work with these Decorative Packing Tapes. I hope it inspires you to create something beautiful using your own products!
Altered Box Tutorial
1. Gather your project supplies. For this project, I used the Decorative Packing Tape I received from Wholeport as well as an unaltered box, flowers, distressing inks and embellishments from my personal crafting stash.
2a. Cover the box with Packing Tape.
2b. Cover the box in layers, overlapping pattern wherever possible to create a smooth line.
2c. Trim any excess tape as you go.
3. Distress the edges with color-coordinated ink.
4. Add your embellishments. I included some pretty color-coordinated flowers and a fabric-covered brad!
You can decorate the inside of the box if you like, or leave it bare, depending on how you intend to use it.
Looking for more creative inspiration? Check out these sites!
- Anything Goes Challenge Blog #92 – Shaped But Not Square
- Celebrate The Occasion – #11 – Happy Mother’s Day
- Colour Q Challenge 187
- Corrosive Challenge #173 – Mother’s Day
- Craft My Life – My All Crafts Challenge 5
- Craft Your Passion 161 – Floral Delights
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – Mother’s Day
- Love To Scrap #5 – Anything Goes
- Love To Create Challenge Blog #64 – For Mom Or Special Lady
- Make It Monday #139 – Anything Goes
- Mema’s Crafts – May 2013 Anything Goes w/Optional Mother’s Day & May Flowers
- My Crafty Spot #96 – For Mom
- One Stop Craft Challenge #227 – Flower Power
- Ooh La La Creations – Vintage / Nostalgic
- Pile It On Challenge #18 – For A Mother
- Shopping Our Stash #100 – Mother’s Day Or Pink
- Through The Craft Room Door May 7-13 – Anything Goes
- Top Tip Tuesday #100 – Moving Parts
Would You Like To Receive Free Products From WholePort?
If so, check out these three programs to see which one is best for you!
- If you are a crafter who is interested in designing for Wholeport, check out their Blogger Sponsorship program. I receive free crafting supplies through this program!
- If you are a crafter who would like to sample Wholeport’s wares, enter their Free Sample Of The Week giveaway.
- If you are Wholeport crafter, upload your Wholeport projects to their weekly Crafting Party for a chance to win $30 in featured goodies!
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!