The Wayfinding Bible – Book Review
Today I’d like to introduce you to one of the most exciting Bibles I’ve come across this year! The Wayfinding Bible is an innovative Bible from Tyndale House Publishers that’s designed to help you gain a better understanding of God’s Word!
- If you have never read the Bible before because you’ve found it too confusing or intimidating – but you’d really like to know what the Bible is all about – this Bible is perfect for you!
- If you’ve always wanted to “read through the Bible in a year” – but fall short when it comes to structured daily readings – this Bible is for you!
- If you’d like to dig into the historical riches that are buried deep in the Bible – if you’d like to discover how Biblical events impact the world today – this Bible is for you!
- If you’d like to improve your Bible literacy – if you’d like to get a better grasp at the overall events of the Bible and how they play into God’s story of redemption – this Bible is for you!
The first thing that you will notice when you open The Wayfaring Bible is that it is so visually rich! It’s bright. It’s colorful. It’s visually inviting!
Unlike many Bibles that feel like an overwhelming sea of black and white print – this Bible is full of colorful charts, maps and timelines to help you understand what you are reading!
The tagline for The Wayfinding Bible is Helping You Navigate God’s Word. To do that, The Wayfinding Bible provides you with three reading plans that help you navigate through God’s Word:
- The Fly-Over Route takes you through the most important events in the Bible in just 40 readings and offers you a fresh overview of how those events tell the story of God’s redemption.
- The Direct Route takes you on a 200-reading journey through Scripture that helps you to develop a better understanding of how God’s story develops through history.
- The Scenic Route takes you on a comprehensive, 386-reading journey through Scripture that allows you to explore new territory while discovering previously hidden gems in God’s Word!
These routes are located at the top of the pages in blue, green and orange color-codes.
Of course, you can read through this Bible as you would a traditional Bible if you prefer. But – these reading plans are particularly helpful for those who tend to lose focus by getting bogged down in the details of specific books!
The Wayfinding Bible is rich in resources. Here are a few of the Special Features you’ll find inside:
- Getting Your Bearings are two-page articles, located at major turning points of Scripture, that help you stay on track.
- Side Trips help you to explore concepts in greater depth or introduce you to topics for the first time.
- Scenic Overlooks are stunning visuals, including maps, photos, infographics and charts, that aid in understanding the Bible text.
The Wayfinding Bible is currently available in The New Living Translation in a variety of editions.
I confess: I am hooked on The Wayfinding Bible! This fresh approach really brings Scripture to life. I haven’t been able to put this Bible down since it’s arrival!
I rate this Bible 5/5 stars.
The Wayfinding Bible – Book Trailer
Watch this short video to learn more about how The Wayfinding Bible works!
For More Information:
- Visit The Wayfinding Bible website. It’s full of Free Resources and useful information!
- The Wayfinding Bible is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers for review purposes. I was not compensated or required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2013 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!
This looks like a fantastic Bible – thanks so much for reviewing it for us.
Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.