2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash

Biannual Blogathon Summer

2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash – Overview

Welcome to the 2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash – that semi-annual event, hosted by Kathleen Garber, that provides busy bloggers with the opportunity to catch up on their backlog of important but overlooked blogging tasks and goals!

This event also offers bloggers a chance to connect with one another – to exchange ideas – to make new friends – to learn new ideas for improving your blog – and even the opportunity to win some fabulous prizes!

So – whether you have a few hours or a few days on your hand – why not stop by the Biannual Blogathon website and consider joining us for this event?

2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash – Goals

I used to make crazy long lists of things to do but now I am taking each day as it comes.

I plan on attending as many of the Twitter parties as I can.

I plan to read through the challenges, past and present, and work on the ones that mesh with my goals.

I look forward to connecting with the other participants.

I look forward to having a great time!

2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash – Accomplishments

Wow. It’s hard to believe another Blogathon has come to an end!

It’s been an interesting weekend. I’m glad I decided to take things as they came. I was under the weather most of the weekend so I didn’t accomplish all that I wanted to – but I did accomplish much of what I needed to.

Did you miss out on this event? Not to worry! The next event is scheduled for January 23-26, 2015 – mark your calendars!

Keep In Touch!

Follow Create With Joy On:

Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!

17 Responses to “2014 Summer Biannual Blogathon Bash”

1. I like the idea of taking things as they come. My list may seem long to some but to me, it is wayyyy modified with plenty of space to see what inspires me. I’m just pleased I’ve made progress and I have my eyes focused on both the present AND the future simultaneously. All of these things = growth and development.

Its great to be back!

Hi Julia,

Thanks for being the first person to stop by this weekend – I enjoyed chatting with you at this morning’s Twitter chat!
      I’ll be by in a bit to check out your goals. I hope you have a fun and productive weekend! 🙂

2. Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
    Twitter: momsvictories

Simple lists are good. Mine is simple too but hopefully it will help me get some blogging mojo back. I will be focused on my love for books this blogathon and hopefully get a recipe updated too.

3. It will be interesting to see what the participants focus on during the challenge.
    Visiting from the Blogathon ~

www,thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

4. Barb G says:

Good luck wit the blogahon.

5. Dominique Goh@Dominique's Desk
    Twitter: dominiquegoh

Great to see you participating this time around again. Hope that you be able to complete all the challenges you set yourself out to do 🙂

6. Love this idea and will definitely be heading over to check it out…I need to get caught up on my long list of blogging to do!

7. Lori H says:

I love the plan you have for taking things as they come. I attended the first Twitter party yesterday but found it really hard to follow or get anything out of. I may try again today. Good luck with your blogging weekend.

Dear Lori,

It’s so nice to meet you – thanks for stopping by! Twitter parties can be hard to follow, esp. when they are fast-paced!

Here are a few tips I do to help be a “part” of the action:

1) I aggregate the tweets using TweetChat (you need to sign in using your Twitter ID and then use the hashtag to create a party room. Once you do that – when you tweet – it will automatically add the hashtag to your tweets).

2) If you open your TweetChat early – you can start to follow the action before things get too crazy.

3) I also keep Twitter open during the party – sometimes 2 windows. If there is a lot of activity to me – I can track it on my Notifications button. If I have trouble following the host – I pull up their ID and follow their thread through there.

4) I generally try to follow the host’s tweets – especially if they are tweeting questions and answers – and I also try to engage with people I know or people who tweet comments of interest to me. That way – if I have someone to chat with – I feel “involved”.

5) AFTER the party – if the topic is of particular interest – I then go back and read the tweets (since they are now sitting in the Tweet Chat. That way, I can pick up any relevant tips that I missed at my leisure!

I hope this helps. I learned early on that you will go crazy if you try to follow it all “live” time!

• Lori H says:

Thanks for the tips. The first one was definitely a learning experience and I haven’t had the option to attend the others so far. TweetChat wouldn’t work for me on Friday but I will try it again next opportunity. I will get more out of the next Twitter event just by having read these tips. Thank you so much for taking the time to share them!

You’re welcome Lori! I found Twitter overwhelming until I learned how to make it work for me.
        Now I love it – and I hope that once you get comfortable with it, you will love it too! 🙂

8. Sage says:

It sounds like you have a great list of things to work on 🙂

9. Diane says:

I am celebrating my 1 year blogiversary in a couple of weeks and I find that I still do not have a rhythm down to when I post. I have 2 memes that I participate in weekly and I find myself not writing posts if I am not linking up to something. I want to change this habit. I also want to increase the number of followers I have. I think the 2 go hand in hand. First, I need to get into creating deeper, more thought provoking posts about my art journaling then focus on increasing my readers.