Where Bloggers Create 2014

Where Bloggers Create 2014

Welcome to Where Bloggers Create 2014! We are so excited to invite you into our creative play space as we join hostess Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage, along with creative bloggers around the world, for the fifth year in a row!

1 - The View

This is my second year writing and crafting in “The Creative Corner” – a somewhat cozy space that only holds half of what my previous studio held! I’m still adjusting – but it’s totally worth it in order to gaze out upon the green trees and blue skies that my previous space lacked.

2 - Magellan At Computer

That is the view I have when I’m not gazing at my computer screen… or being distracted by Magellan – the latest member of the Create With Joy family! Magellan was a gift of love from my husband! He joined our household at Christmastime and is now 8 and a half months old.

3 - Closet 1

When I swivel my chair around, I face my desk – and a closet which houses shelves of crafting supplies.

4 - Closet 2

What will you find inside of all of those pretty tins and baskets?

Well, you’ll find lots and lots of acrylic stamps from companies like Close To My Heart I have a serious addiction!

5 - Acrylic Stamps

Of course, you’ll also find plenty of traditional wood-mounted stamps from companies like Stampin Up! I’m an equal opportunity stamper!

6 - Wooden Stamps

And flowers… don’t forget the flowers!

7 - Flowers

And embellishments galore!

8 - Embellishments

But wait! There’s more!

9 - Inside The Paper Cabinet

What good are all of those embellishments without pretty paper to hang them from? Paper lives under the window, to the right of my computer, where it’s always within easy reach (and out of the damaging rays of the sun)!

10 - Paper Organization

Here’s a close-up to give you a better idea of how things are organized inside. I try to organize papers by size, color, and manufacturer whenever it makes sense. I also organize by paper types and by themes (not shown in this photo). How do you organize your paper stash?

11 - Supply Shelf

Between my desk and the paper cabinets is a handy dandy supply shelf which houses lots of useful tools and goodies that I frequently use when sitting at my desk creating something lovely. Some of the fun things you’ll find house on these shelves include:

Lots of pretty spools of wonderful Washi Tape!

12 - Washi Tape

Roll after roll of beautiful ribbon!

13 - Ribbon

Layer upon layer of delicate lace!

14 - Lace

Finally – what’s a studio without color? To the left of my computer lives all of my ink pads!

15 - Ink Pad Storage
And, what do I create inside of The Creative Corner? All types of paper crafts!

Here’s one of my favorite cards, which I created for a company called Smart Fab early this year. As you will see from my post, my cats play a huge part in my creative process – even as a kitten, I could not keep Magellan away from the crafting supplies!

Hope Card with Smart-Fab

Thank you SO much for joining us for this year’s Where Blogger’s Create 2014 tour at Create With Joy! We hope you’ll stay in touch by following our blog and social media accounts and connecting with us each week at one or more of our creative blog parties!

FacebookGoogle Plus, Twitter,
Pinterest, E-Mail, RSSBlog Lovin,

Join Us For

Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

92 Responses to “Where Bloggers Create 2014”

1. Noreen says:

What nice, neat storage! Does it stay that way when you’re in the middle of a project?

Hi Noreen,

Thanks for stopping by!
      When I’m in the middle of a project, things tend to scatter around me, but I try to pre-plan projects and contain things along the way as much as possible – mainly, because I have a studio full of craft-loving kitties who stand by waiting to play with and munch on anything I do not keep under tight wraps!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2. I enjoyed the studio tour, Ramona! Everything is so organized!

3. hi ramona

I love your studio I’ve been pinning craft rooms on boards this week and yours is lovely. I’m getting there on the rubber stamps just found a package of stampin up stamps at the thrift store love it thanks for sharing have a great day

4. Ana Lynn says:

I am still in awe with the amount of washi tape – but you are right! It’s pretty to look at and the view is awesome as well!

5. Denise says:

Nice! I’m going to need to get organized, thanks for the ideas.
    #SITSBlogging

6. Anne Marie says:

I cannot contain my jealousy!! Your crafting area (and supplies) is amazing!! I bow to your greatness 😉 Thanks for sharing! #sitssharefest

7. Erin says:

Such a fun, creative space with great organization!! Thanks for sharing with us at Your Designs This Time!

Erin & Emily

8. This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing, I hope one day I can have a craft area like this!

9. dana says:

What a gorgeous space you have created!!

HPS!!

Dana

10. Adriana says:

Looove organization, it was like looking at a candy store for me!

11. Julie says:

What a lovely space, I am trying SO hard to just be happy for you but I fear a little bit of green eyed monster is creeping in. I’m sorry I can’t help it! I have a large plastic tub in a cupboard, a sewing box in the corner of the living room and a load of stuff in bags behind the sofa! I dream of a space like yours – maybe one day when the kids all move out!
    So much crafty loveliness, I am surprised you ever come out!

12. Sarah Ann says:

I LOVE the craft organization! I’m drooling a bit thinking of a private studio and all of those craft supplies so beautifully stored! 🙂 Thanks for sharing at the Saturday Soiree Blog Party. Just linked to yours and I thank you for hosting!

13. Wow, this is amazing. A crafters paradise. I do not know how you are so organised! Something to aspire to!.xx #creativemondays

14. What a neat room! How do you keep it that way?

15. Emily says:

What a very organized space! This is very inspirational to me to get one of my rooms organized. I actually refer to it as the “junk room”. Yeah, its bad. LoL!

Thank you for the inspiration!

16. pattisj says:

Looks like a great place to create! Wish I had a window in my card-making room.

17. One more fan here of those pretty pretty baskets ^^ They are soooo adorable! Everything is so well organized and neat in your craft room, lots of good ideas! I love your washi tapes and ribbons collection, I can’t resist them 🙂 Thank you for sharing your cozy space! 🙂

1. […] Now photos were taken a few weeks ago during my Where Bloggers Create 2014 photo […]

2. […] came across this beautiful sentiment while sorting through my stamp baskets and it seemed like the perfect expression to stamp on sympathy […]