What Did I Create This Week?
When I create, I like to play. I like to surround myself with the time and space to tinker and let my imagination run wild.
But, like you, I live in the real world. I don’t have unlimited time to devote to my craft. Sometimes, all I have is a few stolen moments, here and there, to create a card.
As we approach Thanksgiving, I wanted to focus on sharing a message of gratitude in a limited amount of time. So, I incorporated a few colorful die cuts as the artwork for the card.
An oval die cut forms an autumn-colored backdrop for today’s message and for the bountiful cornucopia.
I distressed the edges for an added touch of color coordination – and to spotlight as my Favorite Technique for the City Crafter Blog Challenge.
Sometimes the best cards are the ones that are the simplest yet the most heartfelt.
Thank you for blessing me with your visits to Create With Joy each week. I am SO thankful for you and wish you the most joyful of holiday seasons!
Now it’s your turn to share what you’ve created this week. I personally invite you to share your creativity at one of our weekly parties!
- Inspire Me Monday – we may feature your artwork!
- Friendship Friday – you may be our next Friend Of The Week!
And, for more creative inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!
What Are The Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
Who doesn’t love the naughty antics of our Crafty Cats?
This week, while Dad was on kitchen duty, Magellan took full advantage of his naïveté and decided to go for a romp in the fridge! Yes, you read that right! I wasn’t around at the time of the incident, but one of our roving photographers managed to catch the event as it unfolded!
Be sure to drop by this week’s Wordless Wednesday for the full photographic scoop – and while you’re there, be sure to share your favorite photos as well!
Creative Art Challenges
Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (now organized by THEME)!
What types of design elements and embellishments will you incorporate? These challenges help you determine which items to use on your project!
- A Creative Romance #11 – Something Old (Die Cuts)
- Allsorts Challenge Blog Week 286 – No Design Papers Allowed
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Use Die Cuts Challenge
- Daring Cardmakers – Something Old, Something New – No Design Papers Allowed (Die Cuts / Brads)
- Digi Sketch Challenge – Use Die Cuts / Punches (Sketch Optional)
- Shopping Our Stash #179 – Free Is Good (Die Cuts)
- MelonHeadz Friends – Include A Pumpkin Challenge
These challenges encourage you to incorporate different techniques into your project!
- City Crafter Blog Challenge #239 – Techniques
- Crafting When We Can #83 – Clean And Simple
- Creative Corner Challenges – Favorite Layout
- Lil Red Wagon 264 – Layer It Up Lil Red Wagon 264 – Layer It Up
- Paula Holifield Crafts – ALBC CAS or Clean And Simple
- The Speed Craft Challenge #7 – Anything Goes
Theme & Sentiment Challenges
These challenges help you decide the theme of your card.
- AAA Cards – A Game Of Thanksgivings
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge 46 – Food And Drink
- Cards In Envy – Thankful For You Challenge
- Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge #78 – Your Favorite Holiday
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Anything Goes
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Give Thanks
- Hiding In My Craft Room 175 – Any Holiday
- Jo’s Scrap Shack – FFC #67 – Happy Thanksgiving
- Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Challenge 37 – Thanks/Thank You
- Open Minded Crafting #24 – Grateful
- Sentimental Sundays #234 – Heartfelt Thanks
- Loves Rubber Stamps #128 – Thank You Cards Or Gifts
- The Paper Girls Challenge 68 – Make A Thank You And Send It To Someone
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create #99 – Anything Goes
- 7 Kids Challenge Blog #113 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of Fall Colors
- A Crafty Mess #1 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations Challenges #119 – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenges – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments 56 – Anything Goes / Make It Sparkle
- Decorate To Celebrate #88 – Anything Goes
- D.L. Art November Challenge – Anything Goes
- Dream Valley Challenges 95 – Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenge #2 – Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts – November Challenge
- Mema’s Crafts November Challenge – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations – 11/6 to 12/2 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #7 – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays 191 – Anything Goes Challenge
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 32 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge #84 – Anything Goes
- That Craft Place – Anything Goes Challenge
- The Crafters Cafe Challenge 91 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge 23 – Anything Goes
- The Pink Elephant Challenge 278 – Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door Nov 25 – Dec 1 – Anything Goes
- Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge 18 – Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy – Anything Goes Challenge
- Word Art Wednesday 160 – Anything Goes
Join Us For
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!