Real Friends Last Forever Card

Real Friends Last Forever Card - 2

Happy New Year, dear friends! Are you ready for another year filled with creative inspiration, artistic challenges and plenty of WOYWW desk-hopping?

I’m excited to share my first project of the year and the story behind it!

What Did I Create This Week?

This Christmas, my husband and I watched some of the classic holiday shows from our childhood – things we have not seen in years. Of all the seasonal cartoons I watched, my favorite was Frosty The Snowman. So – when Hazel issued Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge 211 – create a card inspired by a Christmas carol or song – I knew I wanted to create a Frosty The Snowman-inspired card!

I had a lot of fun designing this card. Here’s a peek at some of this week’s challenges!

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C268 asked us to imagine our craft room was empty and to use the first things we thought of on our cards. Well, I love incorporating my scraps into cards, so I took up the Hiding In My Craft Room #182 Super Scraps Saturday Challenge, got out a bag of sparkly glitter and patterned paper scraps, and added tons of luscious layers to the card. Seriously, I think I counted 9 layers in paper scraps alone (Crafting Cafe – Luscious Layers!)

Real Friends Supplies

What’s On My Workdesk This Week? Something Old – Something New – Something Sparkly – Something Glittery!

Next, I wanted to break into some new stash for the New Year – and tons of challenge blogs had the same idea! A number of challenge blogs also were in a glittery, wintery mood. I incorporated lots of new embellishments and sparkle into my wonderland scene.

I used Christmas colors instead of icy blues for the card because that’s what I was in the mood for. However, since Christmas is past, I wanted a sentiment that was both seasonal yet universal in nature. I found the perfect sentiment in Close To My Heart’s Snow Friends Stamp Set. You can see other cards I’ve made with this stamp set here:

To complete the card, I added a festive fiber for my ribbon challenges!
What have you created this week? Be sure to share your creations at one of these weekly parties!

• Inspire Me Monday
  • Friendship Friday

For more creative inspiration, check out the Creative Art Challenges at the end of this post!

What Are The Crafty Cats Up To This Week?

Magellen - Kitten

Time flies when you’re busy living life – and as hard as it is to believe, Magellan has been with us for over a year!

Be sure to drop by this week’s Wordless Wednesday to see how much they’ve grown in the past year – and while you’re there, check out the Cat Resolutions video and share your favorite photos as well!

Creative Art Challenges

Real Friends Last Forever Card - 1

Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized by THEME)!

Color Challenges

Supply Challenges

What types of design elements should you incorporate from your stash? This week’s challenges emphasized the use of New Products (I incorporated new embellishments including snowflakes, the paper pieced snowman and the trees!) – the incorporation of bling and glitter – the use of ribbon/ (fiber) – and the use of paper scraps!

Technique Challenges

These challenges encourage you to incorporate different techniques into your project!

Note regarding the As You Like It Challenge (Favorite Shape Or Fold):
Although fancy shaped cards and folds are fun to experiment with, I really prefer working with the basics. They are easier to store – easier to mail – and I can focus my energies on the creative design of the card rather than the technical elements of the card!

Theme & Sentiment Challenges

This week’s challenges emphasizes snowflakes – snowmen – Christmas songs – Christmas foliage – wintery weather – and stamped sentiments!

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

Join Us For

WOYWW Desk

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

157 Responses to “Real Friends Last Forever Card”

1. Kim Heggins says:

What a fun card….I love all your wonderful little details, so festive. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative.

2. Deborah says:

Such a fun and Happy card. 😀 I like all wonderful embellishments and the snowman is so cute. Absolutely great sentiment perfect for the Christmas season. Thank you for joining and sharing with at One Stitch At A Time, AG with New.
    Deborah DT

3. Sammibug says:

Thank you so much for playing along with us in our “New year’s Resolutions” challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

4. Jeannie says:

Sweet snowman and a very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

Jeannie T.

5. Gina says:

Your card is adorable! I love to make cards too but haven’t done any lately. Thank you for sharing.

6. Karal says:

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us this week for our Baby its Cold Outside Challenge at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal

7. Francesca says:

Stunning and lovely winter card. the snowman is fantastic.
    Thank you for playing at SFC.
    Francy

8. Shirl says:

Beautiful make.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

9. Suzy B says:

Great Design perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday , hope you will join in with the fun again soon….
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner
    xx

10. Julie O says:

Cute card, with a great sentiment! Thanks for joining our “Baby, it’s cold outside” Challene this week at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

11. Tamie Camp says:

Awesome papers, design, sentiment and image!! It makes me smile because the sentiment is so true. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreAnything Goes Janurary Challenge!

Tamie DT

12. Such an awesome project- I love every single detail! 🙂 Thank you for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog’s “Initial Challenge of 2015!”
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT

13. Kathryn says:

Your snowman is adorable! thanks for playing at Open Minded Crafting! 🙂

14. Sall says:

Oh my it’s a gorgeous card but the sentiment does it for, I love a good sentiment and that one is PERFECT. Sall {DT IWC}

15. Melissa @ My Recent Favorite books
    Twitter: RecentBooks

I love your card! =)

16. This is so perfect for our ‘FAVOURITES’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

17. zetkaArt says:

Beautyful. Thanks for joining us in Card Mania Challenges

18. Cara says:

Wonder friendship card for the holidays! Thanks for playing along with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
    X Cara

19. What a fun card!!!!! I love snowmen. Thank you for joining in this months challenge on Seemacrafts. Hugs, Donalda DTM

20. carol says:

what a lovely creation, thanks for sharing your card with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x Carol

21. Jellypark says:

A super sweet creation, thanks for sharing over at Jellypark friends :o)

22. Hazel says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for January – hope to see you again soon x

23. ~DEANNE~ says:

How cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Look forward to seeing you in our next challenge!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O’ Paper

24. Gill M says:

Such a cute card, thanks for joining us in THE SISTERS OF CRAFT monthly challenge. Good Luck. Gill DT

25. Great card, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing in our Lot’s of Layers Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck & don’t forget to join us next month too!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

26. Pauline says:

Hi Joy, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Paper Creator’s Crafts.
    Pauline
    x

27. Jacqueline says:

Lovely card I saw or at party time tuesday. I love all the layers. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs, Jacqueline

28. JIJI says:

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenges and hope to see you again in the next one. xx

29. Melissa says:

Super cute! Love the layout. 🙂 Thank you for sharing on January 2015 Artistry Challenge. Winner of January’s goodie bag will be announced on February 15, 2015.
    Melissa – Vandicrafts

30. Cute card! Love the sentiment and the snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! 🙂

31. Marleen says:

Really beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Imagination Crafts.
    Marleen DT xx

32. Laura Cox says:

This is so fun! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!

33. Seafield Jo says:

This is a lovely card, made me smile.

Thanks for joining in our What’s New challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.

Jo x

34. Tertia says:

What a lovely card.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet 7 Designs

35. Such a cute card! Loved reading your blog too!! So fun!
    Thanks for entering my challenge in January!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie

1. […] dear friends! Thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a sweet comment on my Frosty-Inspired Real Friends Last Forever card! I am overwhelmed by the response to my first creation of the New […]