Much Love Card

Much Love Card

What Did I Create This Week?

Happy WOYWW to you, dear friends! February has arrived, which means it’s the season of Romance, Valentine’s and Love across the blogosphere and at Create With Joy!

I knew that the Challenge Blogs would be all a-flutter with creative challenges designed to make Cupid’s arrow soar – challenges inviting you to create projects in your prettiest pink and red papers – projects filled with hearts and sweet sentiments – challenges designed to spark love and romance – and I couldn’t wait to delve in!

I started by digging through the paper stash and fell in love with this happy, colorful and shabby textured paper from Sassafras’s Serendipidty line called Flying Dutchwoman.

Much Love Card - Supplies

Here are a few of the supplies I used to make this card. – including one of my favorite heart stamps, a few of my oldest inks and a never before used tool that I fell in love with – perfect for this week’s creative challenges!

Next I went digging through my stamps to find the perfect hearts and sentiments. I ended up incorporating 2 sets of stamps and coordinating inks from Close To My Heart.

I chose everything on this card – the stamps, the flowers, the grosgrain and patterned ribbons – and the distressing and sponging techniques – to play up the textured aspects of the patterned paper. I added black cardstock and ribbon to tone down the pattern a bit, and black brads and black and red gems for a little extra pop.

During the midst of this card-making session, Magellan – one of my crafty Maine Coon cats – came tearing across my workspace, eager to help out in any way he could.

Much Love - Magellan 1

Of course, Magellan was a tad more enthusiastic about playing with the ribbons – sampling the flowers – and gluing down embellishments than I would have liked – and not quite as helpful as he thought!

Thankfully , Tsunami is a more peaceful counterpart. To see what he’s up to, visit today’s Wordless Wednesday party!

Do you have a crafty companion by your side? Is he more like Magellan or Tsunami in your workspace?

Now it’s your turn to inspire us with your creativity! What’s inspiring you this week? What have you created? Be sure to share your latest creations with us at one of our weekly parties!

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by to see what’s on my work desk this week!

WOYWW Desk

Creative Art Challenges

Are you ready to jump-start your creativity? Here’s this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges to inspire you (organized alphabetically by Theme or Anything Goes!)

Theme Challenges

Muse Card Club Photo

Pinspirational Challenge

The Pink Elephant Challenge

Shabby Tea Room 145 - I Heart You

Monday Mood Board 7

Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges

E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Instagram

Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.

177 Responses to “Much Love Card”

1. Lisa M says:

Great Valentine! Love the layers and hearts. Thank you for sharing with us at CIO.

2. Chris Porter says:

The card looks great – good for a man or woman, I reckon. Magellan has more finesse than our Rosie who is rapidly becoming senile. She miaows constantly (unless eating or sleeping), wanting me to sit and hold her. Unfortunately, she won’t sit on my lap like a normal cat, but insists on playing ‘parrots’ by sitting on my shoulder/collar bone! It’s a good job we love ’em, eh?! Chris # 11

3. Hazel says:

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper February challenge with your lovely crafting – hope to see you again soon x

4. Janine says:

Such a lovely and romantic card – great layout and rich colours used. Just perfect for our ‘love’ challenge this week. Gorgeous cat too! Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

5. Karal says:

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Karal DT

6. What fun stuff you created! I really like the little burlap bag… and kitty is sooo cute! We’d love to have you come share your blog posts at the Home Matters Linky Party! Come for a visit, the Door OPENS Friday. http://lifewithlorelai.com/ 🙂

~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

7. Mackie says:

Love your pretty back and red valentine card! The colors just pop! Thanks for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com!

8. Lilian says:

Very pretty! Love your cats! I have a Ragdoll.

9. Sweet valentine card! 🙂 Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

10. Milka says:

Gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs this fortnight. I hope to see you again. 😀
    Milka DT

11. Jan Brown says:

A really pretty design – thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

12. Debb says:

Great card and excellent design choices! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

13. DonnaLee says:

Lovely Valentine! I love the layered hearts! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew this week for our “Gettin’ Inky” challenge!!

14. Deborah says:

Beautiful card you designed. Love the heart stamps you used they are so pretty as well as the paper. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Deborah DT

15. Now that is a serious list of challenges! Great card – I see why you like those hearts, they are quite fabulous. Thanks for joining in at both JUGS and Muse!

16. Natalie says:

such a lovely card and congrats on winning the sister act card challenge. 🙂
    I hope to see you in our new challenge too!

Hugs,
    Natalie

17. JanR says:

Great card! I really like those hearts. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

18. Anne says:

I like the fabric and the different styles you achieve with your pretty shares. This one is unique in a beautiful way and the previous one I saw was so simple I liked it a lot! Thanks for giving me a smile today. HPS

19. Wow this is totally awesome. Love this great layout.

Thanks for joining us in our In the Pink challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

20. Helen says:

Great card – love that image!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen

21. Nikki says:

Super lovely creation….. Thanks for joining our “In the Pink” challenge at Digi Choosday’s Challenge….. xo Nikki

22. Chana Malkah says:

Very nicely done! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stassh!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

23. Julie B says:

What a great puss cat, I trust he didn’t get too inky and sticky!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. 🙂

24. Jenny says:

What a super card love your design. Thanks for joining us this time at Polkadoodles
    Jenny x (Starcyl)
    Polkadoodles DT

25. Your card is just darling and after scrolling down I am over whelmed with the many artful photos. I create cards but not with the many supplies and talents I have seen on your Blog.

I think I will make a Valentines card. You inspired me.
    xo
    Jeanne

26. Gina says:

Your card is so sweet! I love stamping too!

27. Milka says:

Oh, I was here before. 😉 Again, gorgeous card. 😀
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. 😀
    Milka GDT

28. Love all your elements on your card, and thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Barbara

29. Tammy Lever says:

Beautiful card. I love those hearts! Thanks for playing in our Inspired by a Song challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

30. Marina says:

Love these bold shapes and patterns.Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday and at Inkspirational Marina DT

31. Shirl says:

Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Use Your Scraps. Your card is just stunning… any recipient would love to receive this! And your helpful kitty kat Magellan is equally as stunning 🙂

32. Carol S says:

I love your gorgeous Valentine card Shirl and you mixed your ingredients beautifully to complement the pretty paper. Your handsome cat certainly likes to get in on the act doesn’t he?
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

33. Love this card! Especially the flowers. I think I’m going to make my hubby a handmade card this year. Hopefully he will appreciate it!

34. Stamping and gluing – what more could a girl ask for? I will have to check back on these amazing projects you have lined up.

Popped by from Pink Saturday.

35. Ema says:

Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

36. iluszka says:

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania 🙂 Good luck!!! iluszka DT

37. Ellen says:

I love your layers and the red, white and black color combo! Very pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Great Impressions challenge! I hope you share with us again!

38. Hi, great card thanks for entering IC challenge.
    Love your cats, I’m always amazed at the size of these cats, beautiful.I have ragdolls so also a cat lover.x

39. Rachael E says:

This is so striking, and so well composed. Perfect for our challenge at Sentimental Sundays. So glad you dropped by! x

40. Dangina says:

Such a gorgeous design and what gorgeous colored inks! Thank You so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around! Hope to see you again 🙂
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

41. Karal says:

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us in our Pink & Red Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

42. Helen says:

Me again.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet 7 Designs Challenge.

Helen x

43. Kate says:

Such a super card! I really like the patterned-fills for your hearts. They look fabulous! You and Magellan did a fantastic job together.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craftin Desert Divas!

Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

44. Very beautiful card! Love the grungy hearts! Great conglomeration of items! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Hope you join us again soon! I too have a crafty kitty, Socrates, only he just sits right on top of whatever I’m making! lol

45. JuliaG says:

Lovely card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog.

46. Shelly says:

Wow, gorgeous projects!!!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!!
    Shelly

47. This is such a lovely creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff. We hope to see you soon. Martha Lucia DT

48. Great work! Thank you for joining us over at TO Challenge.

49. I love the layers and of course the color red is my favorite color 🙂 Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with us at Through The Craft Room Door this week and we hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
    Asmah
    [TTCRD DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Blog]

50. Lisa S says:

Love the photo with your cat. 🙂 Fab card and your color combo is one of my fave’s too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.